By joaofl, Member on 12th August 2019, 11:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd October 2019, 09:01 PM |#11  
Flag Where the road goes
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasler

Can you say which apps cannot be removed OR disabled?

Do not remove Samsung Payment Services (using root), if you do you will get a locked/unusable device, it will show 'Device locked because Payment services was uninstalled without authorization' and reflash will be needed.
4th October 2019, 10:11 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony il Capo

Do not remove Samsung Payment Services (using root), if you do you will get a locked/unusable device, it will show 'Device locked because Payment services was uninstalled without authorization' and reflash will be needed.

Thanks, I'll just stick to disabling apps until I get to know this phone a bit better! The battery monitor doesn't say I have anything chewing up CPU and I'm only losing a few % overnight on idle (even with LED notification fix) so I must have optimized a good bit already.
18th November 2019, 07:04 PM |#13  

More
hello,
good idea !!
i have done the same with luckypatcher (need root)

i forgot this way.... easy with adb

thank you.
6th December 2019, 11:14 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, just uninstalled apps using ADB and the script from Page 1. All is fine, even though I forgot to install G-board beforehands, I just sent it from laptop to install on A 40 afterwards.

Amazing job. phone feels lighter and smooth now.

Thank you !!! @joaofl @curiousrom and @costa11
The Following User Says Thank You to c69k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c69k Ad-Free
11th December 2019, 01:33 PM |#15  

More
I want remove all samsung on my new galaxy A40, but:
I need to be root.???
I can backup first my original firmware??? And then if there are problems restore this backup??
I need simple use to consume los battery.
Thanks
11th December 2019, 10:15 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruloes

I want remove all samsung on my new galaxy A40, but:

I need to be root.???

I can backup first my original firmware??? And then if there are problems restore this backup??

I need simple use to consume los battery.

Thanks

Adb doesn't need to be Rooted to be used
Just activate USB debugging(see tutorial about développer mode), and use cmd from your PC (and have adb.exe in a directory for sure)
Pay attention that the phone will Ask you to confirm the authentication as soon as you set "adb start-server"

For the backup, you have already asked it in another thread in which i answered you.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk
11th December 2019, 11:13 PM |#17  

More
I don’t understand the backup thread, where?
I did it with adb but now.... what else
12th December 2019, 05:29 AM |#18  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruloes

I don’t understand the backup thread, where?
I did it with adb but now.... what else

I just recover all my files from another Samsung Galaxy to new A40 with own Samsung account backup . There is also Google backup but it is not complete . Samsung backup satisfied me a lot . Just register , sign in Samsung account and from phone settings click on backup .
No need root , of course .
Regarding removing bloatware there are plenty of tutorials on this subject . Just look for it . It's all about adb shell cmd and activate debugging mode from phone . You need also an apk inspector from Google Play to know for sure name of apk you want to uninstall . Don't touch system apks , lists with bloatwares can be uninstalled you can find here on xda (galaxy phones) .
Personally I remarked besides their importance , apks like Calendar and Google Search eat a lot battery . I don't need these apks so I got rid of those and another and I can say battery was semnifically improved . I use also dark mode (from usb debugging) , native digital wellbeing for nights and all-in-one tools apk for some special android characteristics like boost , boot , clean etc
It's important to mention all apks uninstalled still remained in android backup image so they can be restored from phone factory reset .
Succes !
19th December 2019, 02:05 AM |#19  
Flag Barcelona

More
I clean my A40 from the bloatware with the script and I lost the recents app screen of One UI.
Now my recent list is the stock of Android 9. Moreover I totally lost the recents screen when navbar is in gesture mode.
Someone can help me to understand which apk are related with my issue?

Script:
https://gist.github.com/joaofl/7671e...a40-bloatwares

Thank you for the efforts. I am a new buyer of A40 and I hope the community grow up!
19th December 2019, 06:15 AM |#20  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmysterious

I clean my A40 from the bloatware with the script and I lost the recents app screen of One UI.
Now my recent list is the stock of Android 9. Moreover I totally lost the recents screen when navbar is in gesture mode.
Someone can help me to understand which apk are related with my issue?

Script:
https://gist.github.com/joaofl/7671e...a40-bloatwares

Thank you for the efforts. I am a new buyer of A40 and I hope the community grow up!

I suggest factory reset then remove again certain bloatware . Don't touch system apks . Also try to backup your system to Samsung Cloud .
19th December 2019, 07:53 AM |#21  
Flag Barcelona

More
I don't care about this, because I hope we will soon receive android 10 wíth one UI 2, I just would like to know if someone knows the apk related with this issue to fix or advice next people that will use the script.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bloatware, clean, samsung-galaxy-a40

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)