Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2019, 09:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro7

How did you replace the phone battery?
And is it still water-resistant?

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

A lower battery voltage would also extend the battery life span of a young battery, but let's be honest:
Who on earth likes to charge slower?

I cherish fast charging.

Use this stuff: Mannol 9911: Neutral Silicone.

https://sct-catalogue.de/imgbank/Ima...10800008_b.jpg

Best solution ever if used w/brains.
Get one, like 10e ebay.
Get a litter bottle of beer filled with water to 90%, put a minimal (like 1mm wide line around) of this stuff on the top part of the bottle (you know where you drink from, whatever the word is), then stamp a credit card on it and press until you think its spread so fine that it will be impossible for **** to hold.
Wait 24-48h.
Thrash the bottle around.
By not holding the bottle, but the credit card. You'll quickly understand what i mean.
This stuff is waterproof, neutral, flexible, and strong as f* nails, all at the same time.
Then thank me

Promoted to glue hall of fame in about 30 seconds. Right after Araldite and Black fiber tape.

It will make your **** waterproof.
14th January 2020, 08:53 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdG

Use this stuff: Mannol 9911: Neutral Silicone.

https://sct-catalogue.de/imgbank/Ima...10800008_b.jpg

Best solution ever if used w/brains.
Get one, like 10e ebay.
Get a litter bottle of beer filled with water to 90%, put a minimal (like 1mm wide line around) of this stuff on the top part of the bottle (you know where you drink from, whatever the word is), then stamp a credit card on it and press until you think its spread so fine that it will be impossible for **** to hold.
Wait 24-48h.
Thrash the bottle around.
By not holding the bottle, but the credit card. You'll quickly understand what i mean.
This stuff is waterproof, neutral, flexible, and strong as f* nails, all at the same time.
Then thank me

Promoted to glue hall of fame in about 30 seconds. Right after Araldite and Black fiber tape.

It will make your **** waterproof.

Just use B7000, it's made for exactly these kinds of phone repairs. Holds tight, flexible, but easy to remove with heat if needed for future repairs.
I used a combination 2mm foam tape and B7000 glue and my S7 is waterproof according to pressure tests.
Yesterday, 10:29 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamk7

Just use B7000, it's made for exactly these kinds of phone repairs. Holds tight, flexible, but easy to remove with heat if needed for future repairs.
I used a combination 2mm foam tape and B7000 glue and my S7 is waterproof according to pressure tests.

Will definitely try that next time. I did see the B7000 while searching for glue, but I just opted for Mannol as its likely better for waterproofing, and I don't mind replacing the back glass every two years or so when I replace batteries.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)