FORUMS

Root or custom recovery for LG stylo 5?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By X_shinobi.apk_X, Junior Member on 28th March 2020, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This phone is fairly new, i want to root it but i dont know any method that work yet. Is there any developers willing to make a custom recovery for this? Like twrp?
30th May 2020, 02:32 AM |#2  

More
LG Stylo 5 Root availability one click ??
Is root available for the LG Stylo 5 is so full of Boost bloat and Google gunk it barely works.
The Following User Says Thank You to HighlyDangerousMotherFuct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighlyDangerousMotherFuct Ad-Free
30th May 2020, 06:04 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 902

More
How-to is multiple times explained on the WEB. GIYF ...
31st May 2020, 06:27 PM |#4  
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

How-to is multiple times explained on the WEB. GIYF ...

Technically, this is the web🤗.
I don't understand why some people seem to get upset when others make topics asking questions. It's not usually general knowledge for most people.
I can't tell you what a bootloader is but I sure as hell can spend all day complaining about them, lol. Literally everyone I know personally has never heard the term.
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what's wrong with people making topics before exhausting every other possibility to find the answer. Nothing wrong with conversation and who knows what random and unexpected things you could learn.

Hey, sorry I'm getting the breaks done on my car at the moment. I'm writing this instead of reading old magazines, lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Gregbmil1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gregbmil1 Ad-Free
1st June 2020, 06:22 AM |#5  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Chances are, we won't see this phone rooted anytime soon. especially now that the Stylo 6 has arrived. Locked Bootloaders are not your friend if you root phones. Mostly DEVs now only concentrate on the Flagship phones...

...Follow the $$$$ trail...
I sure miss the good old days...LoL 2013-2017 were my favorite years
1st June 2020, 08:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 902

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregbmil1

Technically, this is the web🤗.
I don't understand why some people seem to get upset when others make topics asking questions. It's not usually general knowledge for most people.
I can't tell you what a bootloader is but I sure as hell can spend all day complaining about them, lol. Literally everyone I know personally has never heard the term.
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what's wrong with people making topics before exhausting every other possibility to find the answer. Nothing wrong with conversation and who knows what random and unexpected things you could learn.

Hey, sorry I'm getting the breaks done on my car at the moment. I'm writing this instead of reading old magazines, lol

I never was upset.

My POV:
It's neither the task of anyone here to re-publish (excerpts of ) articles simply created by "copy & paste", nor to do a related Google search and then list the links found, nor to tell the questioner that he/she is completely wrong that he/she is totally confusing things - the latter may be considered as being rude.

N.B.
Wondering why you didn't assist OP, instead of posting that garbage?
1st June 2020, 09:43 AM |#7  
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

I never was upset.

My POV:
It's neither the task of anyone here to re-publish (excerpts of ) articles simply created by "copy & paste", nor to do a related Google search and then list the links found, nor to tell the questioner that he/she is completely wrong that he/she is totally confusing things - the latter may be considered as being rude.

N.B.
Wondering why you didn't assist OP, instead of posting that garbage?

Posting "Garbage" ? Nah....that's good stuff right there. As for helping OP, your right. I was off topic, but really it's no big deal. Xda is not flooded with pointless threads. I know they prevent pointless posts and topics.....but a few never hurt as long as it's Android related.

OP, it's a shame but don't get your hopes up for ever rooting the Stylo 5 (Damn Bootloaders!). There is still adb though. I bet it's not long before that is gone to. You can get rid of bloatware and do some other cool stuff with it. If you need help with getting it running on a PC you can simply search it on Xda, or even pm me.

But for the love of God and all that is Holy!.......Do not make a thread asking about it!😅.
I don't even bother using Google when it comes to Android. The good people on Xda are the only ones I know will be helpful and honest.....That and most likely Google would just get me here anyways, lol.

Again, sorry. I don't mean to be a jerk if I sounded like one at anytime in this novel. I didn't intend to write so much when I started, lol it seems to happen a lot though. There ya go some more good stuff.

The End!
6th June 2020, 09:08 PM |#8  

More
Bottom-line answer is...
Hi,
Sadly after several hours' search, GInMF. Yes, I found several "Root your LG Stylo 5" with 25 different methods posts, NONE of which seem to work. I think most of them are thinly disguised ways to get gullible people to part with their money. The problem that I mostly encountered is, somewhere along the line, they just say "install TWRP recovery"...ignoring the fact that this phone model DOES NOT have one on the TWRP device page. So, the specific question, again, becomes: is there any way to root this phone, even if I'm happy with the stock image?. If any of the XDA experts on this thread know of one, PLEASE point me to it. If there isn't one, pls state that so I can put this effort to rest, either way. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikonor79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikonor79 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)