FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ ROOT HELP ] VIVO Y55 (1603) Unlocking the Bootloader and Rooting the phone

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Nagazumi, Junior Member on 7th March 2017, 01:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Apparently VIVO phones are the black horses of the hacking community because they are near impossible to root!

Also I'm new, I hope I'm posting in the right thread.

Now onto the details, I've been trying to root my phone lately and so far absolutely nothing is working at all! I've not seen anyone whatsoever on XDA to root this specific phone. Mostly V3 and Xshot series

I've tried every single rooting app there is, but I noticed that my efforts are worthless because my phone has an impenetrable bootloader! Of course I immediately head to the internet and found about ADB and Fastboot. Now I've been trying to confirm my suspicions about a locked bootloader by using the "device-info" command on ADB, then I get
Code:
<bootloader> unlock:false

Now since I was trying to unlock the bootloader and to this day I absolutely CANNOT bust through it. Whenever I use the "oem-unlock" command, it will always say "FAIL: check device or oem lock"

I forgot most of the commands I used on ADB, (first time using it, actually ) but the commands I used were normally the ones used to unlock a phone's bootloader.

Going to their forums, they always say that they do not allow their users to tamper with their devices and I was this close to giving up, but after going to the phone's recovery mode, I immediately see at the bottom "The Phone: not root" (yes that's what it exactly says, that's not my grammar) which means that it SHOULD be possible to root it in the first place, and because of that I have not stopped trying.

However every last method I tried failed and I am desperate enough to come here, to XDA forums where I learned to root my now 6+ year old Samsung Galaxy Y.

I really need your help, guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nagazumi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nagazumi Ad-Free

7th April 2017, 01:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazumi

Apparently VIVO phones are the black horses of the hacking community because they are near impossible to root!

Also I'm new, I hope I'm posting in the right thread.

Now onto the details, I've been trying to root my phone lately and so far absolutely nothing is working at all! I've not seen anyone whatsoever on XDA to root this specific phone. Mostly V3 and Xshot series

I've tried every single rooting app there is, but I noticed that my efforts are worthless because my phone has an impenetrable bootloader! Of course I immediately head to the internet and found about ADB and Fastboot. Now I've been trying to confirm my suspicions about a locked bootloader by using the "device-info" command on ADB, then I get .

Now since I was trying to unlock the bootloader and to this day I absolutely CANNOT bust through it. Whenever I use the "oem-unlock" command, it will always say "FAIL: check device or oem lock"

I forgot most of the commands I used on ADB, (first time using it, actually ) but the commands I used were normally the ones used to unlock a phone's bootloader.

Going to their forums, they always say that they do not allow their users to tamper with their devices and I was this close to giving up, but after going to the phone's recovery mode, I immediately see at the bottom "The Phone: not root" (yes that's what it exactly says, that's not my grammar) which means that it SHOULD be possible to root it in the first place, and because of that I have not stopped trying.

However every last method I tried failed and I am desperate enough to come here, to XDA forums where I learned to root my now 6+ year old Samsung Galaxy Y.

I really need your help, guys.

Can u plz give me ur num
12th April 2017, 07:36 PM |#3  

More
I have Vivo Y55l (1603). I am unable to root this device
I have Vivo Y55l (1603). I am unable to root this device. Please tell me appropriate method for rooting this device.
28th April 2017, 08:28 AM |#4  
Flag JIAGNXI
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ20170428152408.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4129802
i unlock bootloader and flash twrp recovery
but not boot

guide :
28th April 2017, 06:01 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qiurigao

Attachment 4129802
i unlock bootloader and flash twrp recovery
but not boot

Any chance you can tell me how you did this.
29th April 2017, 03:39 AM |#6  
Flag JIAGNXI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh37187

Any chance you can tell me how you did this.

add my google talk: qiurigao@163.com
or QQ:1239120048
30th April 2017, 03:42 PM |#7  

More
Same problem
Is there any way to root this phone or not?? Tried everything and every root app feeling so low please someone help *=*
20th May 2017, 02:11 PM |#8  

More
OEM Unlock In Developers Options?
Did You Turn On The OEM unlock in Developers Option??
21st May 2017, 02:04 AM |#9  
Flag JIAGNXI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by James480

Did You Turn On The OEM unlock in Developers Option??

没有用
21st May 2017, 04:44 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qiurigao

没有用

好的,我猜那么
22nd May 2017, 12:55 AM |#11  
Flag JIAGNXI

Donate to Me