Any Root strategy for LG K4 (2017) Koodo Canada, Model LG-M151?

Search This thread
S

Skunkser

That is not fastboot mode. I emailed lg about how to put it into fastboot mode and I'm still waiting for an answer:fingers-crossed:

S

Skunkser

no root no tarp no boot loader

this phone does not have a bootloader that means its is impossible to make twrp/root

this thread is dead now for sure

S

Skunkser

I looked it up it is fownload mode and look and the photo oem unlock

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-21-14-36-14.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-21-14-36-14.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,057
S

Skunkser

Well yesterday i emailed lg about rooted firmware and said i am an app developer i am waiting for an anwser

S

Skunkser

Forgot to say i got a call from a software center in china i dident have enough time to even take the phone out of my pocket they called for only 2 seconds i called back no one anwsered

S

Skunkser

Not certain as I don't own the device u have...
But if you can get into download mode
You can possibly downgrade your device to a earlier version of the firmware and then root that. With kingroot etc.
I don't have all the answers but Google is your friend for finding firmware.
And here's a link to a thread for the k4's sister zone3.
I happen to have a zone 3 running k4 software so its comparable in a level of hardware.
Here's the zone3 thread.

Maby this concept can be adapted to your device.
https://xdaforums.com/general/general/lgvs425pp-optimus-zone-3-stock-t3515462/page76#post73988484
Thanks I will try that:)

Black_Hat_Kraken

Oct 19, 2017
I recently talked to live tech support, biggest disappointment in a long time..no bootloader and no download mode, although there is a download mode it needs a twrp and superuser flash through adb but i cant find any recovery or any superuser that might work, also the issue of no bootloader

Last edited:
S

Skunkser

You need to do a survey to continue
Hey you's Guys I stumbled upon this over on youtube of all places and don't have the 2017 K4 so was hoping one of you guys could grab this tool and tell us if it works for this device too ...

If it works let me know and if it don't try to write down any error messages so we might be able to (help) the tool to work...
Sorry I'm not going to install that virus

dorimdstm

Nov 6, 2017
Im sad this phone is nice and all but.. A custom rom would speed it up so much kinda need root access to begin. I can port a rom myself but the actual process of a root i know and love has failed me. Would love an outside opinion... Maybe someone will respond?
Adb shell mount system as rw not working
But after tweaking resolutions with adb shell wm i found that 300x533 and density 182 is best between quality and performance
Now i can play better Subway Surfers and in app Xash3D on same scene fps climbed up from 10-15 fps to 30-40 fps (playing half life)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Im sad this phone is nice and all but.. A custom rom would speed it up so much kinda need root access to begin. I can port a rom myself but the actual process of a root i know and love has failed me. Would love an outside opinion... Maybe someone will respond?
I have lg k4 M160
I wanted root for custom rom but i found no solution
Keep digging!
Everything is good about this phone except graphics processing
Here the graphics card is bad

Last edited:

Astr4y4L

Cant find the stock .kdz

I have lg k4 M160
I wanted root for custom rom but i found no solution
Keep digging!
Everything is good about this phone except graphics processing
Here the graphics card is bad

Hi I am working on a pre-rooted image for several devices,

But I need either the stock .kdz for the kodo k4 M160
or I need a Beta tester willing to dump the /system partition...

I have a tool to dump the device with-out rooting it.
and then I am going to try to manually place the needed SU binary, supolicy , libsupol and SH scripts etc.
I do believe it is possible to do , and then I have a tool to flash our modified stock /system image back on to the Emmc

but I need a Beta_Tester with the kodo 2017 k4 to work with me on getting the /system dumped

If any-one is interested please PM me I won't discuss it further publicly.
Thanks
Astr4y4L
Team_Astr4y4L

S

Skunkser

and then I am going to try to manually place the needed SU binary, supolicy , libsupol and SH scripts etc.
I do believe it is possible to do , and then I have a tool to flash our modified stock /system image back on to the Emmc

but I need a Beta_Tester with the kodo 2017 k4 to work with me on getting the /system dumped

Thanks
Astr4y4L
Team_Astr4y4L
I can do that for ypu

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that i also tried to add the superuser scripts(it was my first time trying this) but when i repack it and flash it I end in a bootloop

Thanks
Astr4y4L
Team_Astr4y4L

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here

I have one from virgin mobile. please someone help. I've tired everything I come across... it doesn't even do fastboot or a proper recovery mode....
    I have one from virgin mobile. please someone help. I've tired everything I come across... it doesn't even do fastboot or a proper recovery mode....

It's a phone for poor schmucks like me, so no one care much :)
    Odin may be a possibility. this phone has a download mode but I have no idea how to make or send a package using it..... can another member pleeeeeaaasssssee look upon this thread? we need help....

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

so... I questioned oneclickroot support cause why not and they banned me told me to go here XD like I'm not allowed in their live chat anymore. ip ban. yet... I see xda is so helpful for us....

Hear, hear, I am aching for root.
    Can someone help? I've tried everything. I've exhausted my level of skill...