FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[ROOT] Teclast Master T8

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By Polo19, Junior Member on 20th December 2017, 02:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

This is what I have done to root my Teclast T8 with Magisk (based on this chineese forum: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5449087481)

1-First download the official firmware from Needrom.com (You need to register): https://www.needrom.com/download/teclast-t8-e8c1/
2-Go to the Firmware folder and copy the “boot.img” file to the root directory of your tablet
3-Download and install MagiskManager on the tablet, click on Install, then choose to patch the boot image file. Choose the boot.img you’ve just uploaded to your tablet and it will start to automatically patch it.
Then go into the File Manager and go to the MagiskManager folder and find the “patch_boot.img“ and copy it to the root directory (without copying it to the root directory, you can not find the file from your pc…), then sends the file from the tablet to your computer.
4-For me the method with SP Flash Tool don’t work, because it says the scatter file is wrong (don’t know why…)
So i have to do it with adb and unlock the bootloader first:
-connect the tablet to pc, (first you have to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Developer options)
-reboot the tablet in fastboot mode, hold buttons “power+Vol +” at startup, choose fastboot mode with Vol+ button, valid with Vol-
- open a command prompt in adb folder, then “fastboot devices”, then “fastboot oem unlock”, it should say “OKAY, finished”
Your bootloader is now unlock.

-then copy the “patched_boot.img” in the adb folder and tap in command prompt “fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img”, then “fastboot reboot”.
Your tablet should be rooted.

I think you can relock bootloader after... don't try yet.

PS: This is my first thread, so be indulgent 😊
Don’t ask me technical questions because I am not a developer , just a simple user …

Hope this will help.

If someone find a way to find and flash a TWRP or how to install Xposed, please tell me, thx.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Polo19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Polo19 Ad-Free
 
 
20th December 2017, 08:21 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Gadir
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Rooted using same method but SP Flash Tools worked in my tablet.
Waiting for a TWRP ....
20th December 2017, 09:02 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Yes, can confirm that method works for root.

Also tried the T10 TWRP and it's not working on the T8, just a black screen.

Don't need TWRP yet, some bugs in the ROM are more annoying than that
25th December 2017, 05:15 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hi all
somebody tried the new rom v1.10 on needrom ??
27th December 2017, 07:21 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinero57

hi all
somebody tried the new rom v1.10 on needrom ??

Hi guys i jus download v1.10 rom but have no idea how to flash, everything in chinesse... even recovery, how do you flash? the tablet have a TelcastOTA apk installed, this have a local update option allow to load firmware from sd, anyone used this app? what files should i put in SD?

thanks in advance
28th December 2017, 02:56 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
HI quick question what rom have u installed in ur T8, mine came with 1.01, i see in needrom have 3 versions: 1.06. 1.08, 1.10, have u updated to any of these?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo19

Hi everyone,

This is what I have done to root my Teclast T8 with Magisk (based on this chineese forum: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5449087481)

1-First download the official firmware from Needrom.com (You need to register): https://www.needrom.com/download/teclast-t8-e8c1/
2-Go to the Firmware folder and copy the “boot.img” file to the root directory of your tablet
3-Download and install MagiskManager on the tablet, click on Install, then choose to patch the boot image file. Choose the boot.img you’ve just uploaded to your tablet and it will start to automatically patch it.
Then go into the File Manager and go to the MagiskManager folder and find the “patch_boot.img“ and copy it to the root directory (without copying it to the root directory, you can not find the file from your pc…), then sends the file from the tablet to your computer.
4-For me the method with SP Flash Tool don’t work, because it says the scatter file is wrong (don’t know why…)
So i have to do it with adb and unlock the bootloader first:
-connect the tablet to pc, (first you have to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Developer options)
-reboot the tablet in fastboot mode, hold buttons “power+Vol +” at startup, choose fastboot mode with Vol+ button, valid with Vol-
- open a command prompt in adb folder, then “fastboot devices”, then “fastboot oem unlock”, it should say “OKAY, finished”
Your bootloader is now unlock.

-then copy the “patched_boot.img” in the adb folder and tap in command prompt “fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img”, then “fastboot reboot”.
Your tablet should be rooted.

I think you can relock bootloader after... don't try yet.

PS: This is my first thread, so be indulgent
Don’t ask me technical questions because I am not a developer , just a simple user …

Hope this will help.

If someone find a way to find and flash a TWRP or how to install Xposed, please tell me, thx.

29th December 2017, 12:54 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Flashing ROM with SP flashtool - Teclast Master T8 (E8C1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossxp13

Hi guys i jus download v1.10 rom but have no idea how to flash, everything in chinesse... even recovery, how do you flash? the tablet have a TelcastOTA apk installed, this have a local update option allow to load firmware from sd, anyone used this app? what files should i put in SD?

thanks in advance

Hi! I haven't used in built update app so I'll try to explain how to update using flashtool. Follow the steps with your device disconnected from the pc and take into account your files will be erased.
  1. First of all, I recommend you to install ADB and fastboot drivers: 15 seconds ADB Installer
  2. As OP said download the rom from NeedRom and unzip it: You will have three folders:
    • 升级工具, which contains flashtool
    • 固件程序, with the rom
    • 驱动程序, with the drivers
    Rename all of them as flashtool, rom and drivers, for example. If you don't, you may have troubles launching flashtool or loading the scatter file.
  3. Launch flashtool as administrator (升级程序, you could rename it too), if you get the message "The scatter file cannot found, please make sure the file exist before download" ignore it. In flashtool make sure MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin is selected as Download-Agent and select the scatter file inside rom folder as Scatter-loading file. Choose firmware upgrade from the list and click the Download button (the one with the green arrow).
  4. Finally, switch off your device and connect it to your pc. Flashtool should do the rest, wait untill "Download Ok" message is displayed. Close flashtool, disconnect your device and switch it on.
    • IF your computer doesn't load needed drivers automatically, flashtool won't start the process as expected. You will need to open device manager on windows, right click on your device - update driver - choose manually - browse "inf" folder inside drivers folder (choose x86 or x64 according to your OS).
Hope it works! Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rotiaiso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rotiaiso Ad-Free
29th December 2017, 02:54 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Prevent Brick and Xposed for Teclast Master T8 (E8C1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo19

OP

Hi Polo19!
Thanks for your post, I rooted my tablet following it! But since I encountered some issues in the process I wanted to share my experience.
  • IMPORTANT: For a few hours I thought I hard bricked my device, so I hope I could help somebody.
    When patching boot.img with MagiskManager IF the app automatically tics "Keep force encryption" choose "Keep dm-verify" aswell!
    I don't know why but this was the only way to make it work on my device, I kept getting a encryption error after flashing the patched boot.img, despite the fact that I have never encrypted my device.
    After getting that error I tried to flash the clean rom again, but flashtool gave an error and the tablet completely died! Well, it seemed so.
    It's pretty stupid but the only way to make it work again was pushing the reset button on the top right corner of the tablet for a few seconds and flashing the rom again.
  • In step 3, I couldn't find the patched_boot.img file even after moving it to the root directory. So I had to (let the patched_boot.img file in the default directory):
    • Enable USB debugging in developer options in the tablet, connect it to the computer and accept the connection.
    • Open command prompt / powershell: "shift + right click" wherever you want to copy the patched_boot.img and open cmd or power shell.
    • Run the command:
      Code:
      adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img
  • In step 4: you won't encounter that problem if you rename downloaded folders and get rid of chinese characters. Simply open flashtool, choose the scatter file, untick all options except boot and change the default boot.img with the patched one (I renamed it to boot.img, I don't know if it's necessary)
  • Xposed: you can install xposed using MagiskManager.
    Install Xposed Installer for Magisk, go to download tab in MagiskManager and install Xposed SDK24 (for android 7.0) and reboot

Sources:
15 SECONDS ADB INSTALLER
MAGISK
SYSTEMLESS XPOSED
CHINESE FORUM
3rd January 2018, 04:25 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Just need TWRP and I'm happy.

There's a chinese TWRP but it's not working decently.
4th January 2018, 07:38 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotiaiso

Hi Polo19!
Thanks for your post, I rooted my tablet following it! But since I encountered some issues in the process I wanted to share my experience.

  • IMPORTANT: For a few hours I thought I hard bricked my device, so I hope I could help somebody.
    When patching boot.img with MagiskManager IF the app automatically tics "Keep force encryption" choose "Keep dm-verify" aswell!
    I don't know why but this was the only way to make it work on my device, I kept getting a encryption error after flashing the patched boot.img, despite the fact that I have never encrypted my device.
    After getting that error I tried to flash the clean rom again, but flashtool gave an error and the tablet completely died! Well, it seemed so.
    It's pretty stupid but the only way to make it work again was pushing the reset button on the top right corner of the tablet for a few seconds and flashing the rom again.
  • In step 3, I couldn't find the patched_boot.img file even after moving it to the root directory. So I had to (let the patched_boot.img file in the default directory):
    • Enable USB debugging in developer options in the tablet, connect it to the computer and accept the connection.
    • Open command prompt / powershell: "shift + right click" wherever you want to copy the patched_boot.img and open cmd or power shell.
    • Run the command:
  • In step 4: you won't encounter that problem if you rename downloaded folders and get rid of chinese characters. Simply open flashtool, choose the scatter file, untick all options except boot and change the default boot.img with the patched one (I renamed it to boot.img, I don't know if it's necessary)
  • Xposed: you can install xposed using MagiskManager.
    Install Xposed Installer for Magisk, go to download tab in MagiskManager and install Xposed SDK24 (for android 7.0) and reboot

Sources:
15 SECONDS ADB INSTALLER
MAGISK
SYSTEMLESS XPOSED
CHINESE FORUM


Yes, i also install Xposed using MagiskManager and it works. Now i am able to use all fonctions of Greenify, Amplify, Powernap and get a pretty decent standby batterylife.
6th January 2018, 01:37 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinero57

hi all
somebody tried the new rom v1.10 on needrom ??

Hi, I tried to follow the procedure but in ROM 1.10 doesn't work

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

With the news roms doesn't work...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes