FORUMS

rooted phone for pokemon go

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Dusky323, Junior Member on 30th June 2020, 03:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
It's been many years since Ive rooted a phone. I was contemplating buying a phone that could be rooted and I wanted to use it on pokemon go. After seeing some of the crack downs lately by Niantic I'm wondering if its even worth it? Is it becoming too difficult to play pokemon go with a rooted phone?
3rd July 2020, 10:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 902

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusky323

It's been many years since Ive rooted a phone. I was contemplating buying a phone that could be rooted and I wanted to use it on pokemon go. After seeing some of the crack downs lately by Niantic I'm wondering if its even worth it? Is it becoming too difficult to play pokemon go with a rooted phone?

Actually Niantic - the game's developer - detects any efforts you made to mod device's Android OS / root device's Android: they silently scan your device's internal storage while looking for very particular file names - for example su - or extensions & folders. Thus they now even among other changes detect Magisk and block Pokémon GO accordingly, you'll get

screen shown regardless Android in deed got rooted or not. You can't pass this with phone's Magisk Hide feature.
Also an installation of TWRP gets detected and Pokémon GO will be blocked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)