Thanks Meter: 2

By ctradio, Junior Member on 7th October 2018, 02:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2020, 10:29 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaqq

Have been able to save a copy of my soft bricked xp8's qcn. But when I scroll through with a hex editor there is no identifiable IMEI.

Any body who has a working qcn save who is willing to share so I can reinsert my original IMEI, would really appreciate it. While your at it could use a working ATT modem_a, modem_b, modemst1, modemst2, fsg, persist, and the sun, moon, and , the stars ( lol! ) .
Happy New Year.best prosperity in 2020!!!!

For example: imei: 35244608888081

Winhex Sixteen Lookup 81808808462435
The Following User Says Thank You to eleotk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eleotk Ad-Free
11th January 2020, 04:09 AM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml - possible way of create for the ATT userimage from AFH. Appreciate any suggestions or shares available.
13th January 2020, 12:58 AM |#173  

More
I can send you my telus backup if you think it will work
14th January 2020, 08:35 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It Works!
Followed the steps in smokeyou's post on page 2 for my xp5s. I had a few false starts due to my own ignorance (confused EDL with recovery/bootloader modes) but now I have magisk installed. My real desire is to bypass Sonim's signed app requirement for installs so I don't have to have a computer and adb install everything I actually use. Any suggestions where I might get started? There doesn't seem to be a subforum or even a dedicated thread for this phone.
15th January 2020, 02:54 AM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Appreciate the offer. the AT&T 7.1 user image had the raw program and patch file so i was able to install that image.

May hit you up for some help on the QCN. But at this point i am about to walk on this. You want a soft brick phone to play around with? It's rooted just doesn't work as a phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to sahaqq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sahaqq Ad-Free
15th January 2020, 06:39 AM |#176  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaqq

Appreciate the offer. the AT&T 7.1 user image had the raw program and patch file so i was able to install that image.

May hit you up for some help on the QCN. But at this point i am about to walk on this. You want a soft brick phone to play around with? It's rooted just doesn't work as a phone.

if he does not i defs do lol. i love this phone but still have not goten root

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

i have a telus device and i cant get root.. when i do backup thru edl i dont get system imges . have you goten root?? and if so can you share with me some sugestions? my problems are a page or 3 back lol
16th January 2020, 07:14 PM |#177  

More
Yes I rooted it using the method described on here, however I ran into problems later on with it not booting properly. Yes I rooted it using the method described on here, however I ran into problems later on with it not booting properly.
Yesterday, 06:06 AM |#178  
Flag Richmond, CA

More
So I just got a new update from sonim regarding the passive dual sim and global capabilities.:
Quote:

Currently, the NAM version of the XP8 is undergoing a major upgrade. NAM stood for "North American", and this phone would only work on GSM carriers in the USA & Canada. Our engineers are enhancing the model to create a Global version of the phone that will be compatible with GSM networks all across the planet. I've confirmed with them that this version will also support Passive Dual SIM as did the NAM version.

At this time I have not been given an official timeframe of the release of the Global version, and Sonim has taken down the NAM version from the online store. I will be happy to keep your case open and reach back out to you as soon as I know more to keep you updated. I am not 100% confident on which OS version (7 or 8) which will come on this new version, so I will add that to my follow up with you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sonim-xp8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)