FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stylo 4 Sprint to Boost Mobile?

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By hax0red, Member on 27th November 2018, 04:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently picked up a used Sprint Stylo 4 that appears to have a clear ESN according to Swappa but a strait sim swap from my iPhone 6 plus to the Stylo 4 just results in a brief 3G internet connection, no texting and finally “sim locked” which requires a reboot. I have tried resetting the phone and triggering the activation as desribed on Boost mobiles site but I’m afraid the sim card is either an issue(original sim from my iPhone 6 plus which is a Sprint to Boost convert) or Its somehow still active on Sprint? The model number is the same as the Boost version so its hard to believe its impossible to get functioning as it partially works initially.

FYI, i do have the sim card that the Stylo 4 was actived on Sprint if that makes any difference like it did with my iPhone.

Thanks in advance for any insight. I gave google a workout before coming here but couldn't find much on what it takes to move an Android on Sprint to Boost besides “its possible but the model has to be supported on Boost to switch from Sprint”.

3rd June 2019, 03:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Did you wipe the phone? Sometimes droids will download a provisioning package for the carrier the SIM belongs to and that needs to be deleted (hard reset) first. Otherwise, you may need a new SIM card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boost, lg-stylo-4, q710al, sprint, stylo 4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)