Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

T-Mobile Revvl (Alcatel 5049w)

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 51
 
By Daisuke1988, Senior Member on 7th October 2017, 12:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, So i got a t-mobile revvl due to an emergency, it has a mtk6738 chip and im trying to root it... can anyone point me to the right place? ive searched and searched but i cant seem to find anything for this chipset on for the MTK65XX.

thanks in advance!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisuke1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Daisuke1988 Ad-Free
 
 
7th October 2017, 09:37 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
No luck :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke1988

Hey guys, So i got a t-mobile revvl due to an emergency, it has a mtk6738 chip and im trying to root it... can anyone point me to the right place? ive searched and searched but i cant seem to find anything for this chipset on for the MTK65XX.

thanks in advance!

Phone came out around 2 months ago, same phone and same problem. Sorry to inform Root/TWRP won't be available for a while on the phone since it's so new no developer has gotten their hands on it to start developing for it. I predict it'll be faster than most new phones because it's exclusive to T-Mobile. It would take much longer if the phone had different variants because of the different carriers, but that's not the case with the revvl so what's left to do is to wait and hope :
18th October 2017, 05:02 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Anyone has the stock rom for this device?
31st October 2017, 11:57 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
it is like this phone doesnt exist. cant find anything. Got this phone in america and it seems impossible to unlock in mexico. do you guys think if a root will be available it will be unlocked for use in mexico? thanks!
21st November 2017, 07:23 PM |#5  
jasonmerc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 649
 
More
I may be able to help with root. I don't have the phone, but if someone is willing to potentially risk their device for the sake of science, let me know.

If this goes the way I think/hope it does (since its a MediaTek), we may be able to get root and recovery in a VERY short time for this. If not, then unfortunately you're out of luck for now. But, if one of you is willing to risk it and try, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

For now though, nobody update their firmware AT ALL. They may release a patch in the future that blocks what I want to do.

UPDATE: I got to play with one at a T-Mobile store. CPU Z says this has a 6755 board, which is commonly available through other phones that have been modified. I'm really getting excited about this... If this goes the way I hope it does, you could be having TWRP and root REALLY soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonmerc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jasonmerc Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 03:38 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i will be back in germany at on dec.21,if german t-mobile can't unlock it for use in germany I am willing to do anything with it for science..since I will throw this useless piece of technology at the wall anyway
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luroxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luroxx Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 03:57 AM |#7  
jasonmerc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 649
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luroxx

i will be back in germany at on dec.21,if german t-mobile can't unlock it for use in germany I am willing to do anything with it for science..since I will throw this useless piece of technology at the wall anyway

Let me know as soon as you have access to a PC with Windows or Linux, which I'm guessing is when you get back to Germany. For now, make sure you DO NOT TAKE ANY SOFTWARE UPDATES AT ALL. You can update apps from the Play Store still, but keep away from all system updates at all costs.

Send me a PM for how I can reach you, when you're ready to work with me. The procedure I'm thinking of will not unlock your phone in terms of network (like using it on other carriers), but if it works you will definitely have TWRP and root access, and MAYBE even a bootloader unlock (for installing custom ROMs).

But in the meantime, I can't stress this enough, AVOID ALL SYSTEM UPDATES. This goes for anyone who may want to root their phone using this method, if this works.
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonmerc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jasonmerc Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 03:30 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I just bought one to use on a spare phone line - Cyber Monday sale for $48! I'm happy to experiment when it arrives. Maybe the sale price will entice some other developers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmerc

Let me know as soon as you have access to a PC with Windows or Linux, which I'm guessing is when you get back to Germany. For now, make sure you DO NOT TAKE ANY SOFTWARE UPDATES AT ALL. You can update apps from the Play Store still, but keep away from all system updates at all costs.

Send me a PM for how I can reach you, when you're ready to work with me. The procedure I'm thinking of will not unlock your phone in terms of network (like using it on other carriers), but if it works you will definitely have TWRP and root access, and MAYBE even a bootloader unlock (for installing custom ROMs).

But in the meantime, I can't stress this enough, AVOID ALL SYSTEM UPDATES. This goes for anyone who may want to root their phone using this method, if this works.

The Following User Says Thank You to alkoholic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alkoholic Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 06:00 PM |#9  
jasonmerc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 649
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoholic

I just bought one to use on a spare phone line - Cyber Monday sale for $48! I'm happy to experiment when it arrives. Maybe the sale price will entice some other developers...

$48?????? THEY WERE $179 WHERE I WAS!!!!!

For that price I would've bought one myself... But yes, that would be great if you could work with me when it arrives!
29th November 2017, 07:29 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
I would be willing to help as much as possible with root access as well. If you need any sort of system dump or something let me know I am very much willing to help!
29th November 2017, 07:29 PM |#11  
jasonmerc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 649
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuthers08

I would be willing to help as much as possible with root access as well. If you need any sort of system dump or something let me know I am very much willing to help!

PM me where I can contact you (hangouts, telegram, etc.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes