FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

thelightphone 2 - fastboot/safe mode

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By shuall, Junior Member on 3rd December 2019, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got my lp2 and it's a neat little minimal android device. The farthest I've gotten is not very far, but I can post here in case anyone's looking.
lp2, software v48 (48-release), firmware 4101.0.A.0070

fastboot:
you can enter fast boot by "hard rebooting": hold the lock and tool button simultaneously for 20-30 seconds, the phone should vibrate, then the screen will flash and it will show the "go light" screen, then turn off. Hold the power button again to turn it on, but hold the vol down button. It should stay on the "go light" screen. If it's plugged into your computer usb,
Code:
fastboot devices
should now list it. I also found it in usb info as having manufacturer "Google", while in the normal mode it has manufacturer "Android".
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
does not work.

To resume normal booting, press the lock button again.

safe mode:
if you reboot and hold down the ringer up + ringer down keys, it'll boot the phone into "safe mode". I'm not yet sure how safe mode is different from normal mode, other than there will be faint text at the bottom right of the screen saying "Safe mode". Rebooting will return it to the "normal" mode.

Has anyone else gotten any further? It's running a nonstandard base for android, so developer mode doesn't seem accessible from the menus. I'd like to at least get adb shell on this thing, but my endgoal is sideloading apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)