FORUMS

Is there a way to root Hisense A5? [Solved]

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By gowin132, Junior Member on 26th February 2020, 04:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2020, 04:59 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Looks like Cect-Shop is selling a version of the phone with international language support, and claims to have Google Play Store functionality. Any info on this?

I'm assuming if the device can be modified and sold with this functionality, there must be an ability to do the same with the existing purchased A5 devices. Let's keep trying here.
The Following User Says Thank You to jordang4n3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordang4n3 Ad-Free
14th April 2020, 09:44 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordang4n3

Looks like Cect-Shop is selling a version of the phone with international language support, and claims to have Google Play Store functionality. Any info on this?

I'm assuming if the device can be modified and sold with this functionality, there must be an ability to do the same with the existing purchased A5 devices. Let's keep trying here.

Seems you are right. See screenshot in attachment.

Those guys may have manage to unlock and hack it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hisense_A5.png
Views:	224
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	4994491  
15th April 2020, 10:52 AM |#23  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I have my Hisense A5 too if you need any help on testing.
To enter developer mode you have to tap 7 times on kernel version inside about phone menu. Hope it helps someone.

I tried to get the device GSF ID, but it wont show anything or not found. You should try with ADB im not very pratical
15th April 2020, 12:25 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
For your information, I have just asked more information about the so called "global version" on cect-shop, if it comes with custom rom and unlocked bootloader. Most probably, I'll have no answer, but who knows.
16th April 2020, 05:58 PM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Hello, cecet-shop team answered:


My question:
Hello, In your Global version description, you say, no OTA available. Does that mean that it is running a custom ROM? If yes, is the bootloader unlocked? I'd be really interested in having a version of this phone with bootloader unlocked and potential custom roms. Thanks in advance, Tom

Answered by CECT-SHOP.com on April 16, 2020:
Dear Tom, thank you for your message and inquiry about the HiSense A5 E-ink screen phone with multi-language firmware and Google Play Store. Yes, when choosing the multilanguage ROM the phone comes with a Custom ROM. There is no indication of an unlocked bootloader at this point. We also never flash devices ourselves. Usually, you should be able to flash the phone in EDL mode (Emergency Download). Have a nice day, your CECT-Shop team - Since 2006.

I have asked some additional info about how to get the files to flash.
17th April 2020, 08:44 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Hello, for those who need/want mutlilanguagre and gapps, the cect-shop team gave me the link to their Global ROM. See attachment.

https://www.yunyaokz.com/forum.php?m...d=17412&extra=

Can be flashed under EDL mode with QPST.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200417-214039_Browser.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	4997059  
17th April 2020, 09:33 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Okay.... download link given in the thread is wrong.

However, if there are any chinese guys here, I saw that there were plenty of threads open on the A5 here:
https://www.yunyaokz.com/forum.php?m...display&fid=69

So maybe some interesting links.

And the guy who initiated this thread seems to be the one openng almost all other threads about the Hisense A5:
https://www.yunyaokz.com/forum.php?m...extra=page%3D1

There are one or two other links to dowloadable files, but they need to be a forum member to access. I have also seen some tweaks threads and an unbrick tool.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Official Hisense forum, if I am right, there are all the firmware upgrades download links here: https://fans.hisense.com/forum-307-1.html

Two other interesting ones:
https://www.szjytx.com/?id=12287
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6359616523?red_tag=1198651215
17th April 2020, 11:16 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Custom ROM Link?
Has anyone found a usable link for the ROM download that is accessible without Baidu or the Hisense forum which requires registration with a Chinese cell #?
18th April 2020, 07:50 AM |#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Clownius

Has anyone found a usable link for the ROM download that is accessible without Baidu or the Hisense forum which requires registration with a Chinese cell #?

I've spent a good amount of time yesterday night checking. What I wasn't able to find was:
- Is a downgrade possible
- How to differentiate global and official Roms in threads.

Maybe someone could ask the cect-shop team a working download link? The one they gave me is not working unfortunately. It gives the proper forum thread, but unfortunately, the DL link into the thread is wrong.

I have asked already two times, maybe someone else?
18th April 2020, 10:03 AM |#30  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim

Okay.... download link given in the thread is wrong.

However, if there are any chinese guys here, I saw that there were plenty of threads open on the A5 here:
https://www.yunyaokz.com/forum.php?m...display&fid=69

So maybe some interesting links.

And the guy who initiated this thread seems to be the one openng almost all other threads about the Hisense A5:
https://www.yunyaokz.com/forum.php?m...extra=page%3D1

There are one or two other links to dowloadable files, but they need to be a forum member to access. I have also seen some tweaks threads and an unbrick tool.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Official Hisense forum, if I am right, there are all the firmware upgrades download links here: https://fans.hisense.com/forum-307-1.html

Two other interesting ones:
https://www.szjytx.com/?id=12287
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6359616523?red_tag=1198651215

Thanks for the links!
However, they are just some old Hisense official ROMs, nothing special, no Google services etc..
18th April 2020, 12:47 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizicici

Thanks for the links!
However, they are just some old Hisense official ROMs, nothing special, no Google services etc..

Even this one? The thread was the one the guys at cect-shop gave, saying their multilingual version was flashed with it.

However, for the other ones, especially at fans.hisense.com, agree they are old versions of the firmware. The good and interesting thing may be that by extracting them, we could potentially modify the system images.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes