By doveman, Senior Member on 30th October 2014, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2015, 02:41 PM |#101  
Flag Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecaex

The ONLY way to reflash your system is to flash it using the phone built-in flasher.
As already mentioned put the update.app in a 'dload' folder in the root directory of your SD card. Turn off your phone and press Power+Volume up+Volume Down simultaneously. I did that already more then 3 times and it's working perfect!

This will start the flash operation immediately. After its done your phone should work like before.

Ok, will do so. Do I have to download the file mentioned in this thread, the so called "ROM". I will let you know if it works but it will take some time
because the internet over here is pretty slow, takes about 4 hours to download the rom...
23rd January 2015, 04:06 PM |#102  
ɹǝpun uʍop puɐן ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɯoɔ ı
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaidone

Of course, link working. File sits on my own paid file sharing account for us

That's why I wrote "kindly provided" because it is very kind of you to do that

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_31

Ok, will do so. Do I have to download the file mentioned in this thread, the so called "ROM". I will let you know if it works but it will take some time
because the internet over here is pretty slow, takes about 4 hours to download the rom...

The advise hecaex has given you is very good, it is lucky to have so many helpful people in here...
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to lin_ux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lin_ux Ad-Free
23rd January 2015, 06:53 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin_ux

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

Thanks for this tip. Interestingly on my Moto G it already has the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE set as above, just the WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE needed "sdcard_rw" adding. I'm running stock firmware still but maybe whatever method I used to root or some other mod (busybox or Obb on SD http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-v0-1-t2884004 ) changed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to doveman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doveman Ad-Free
23rd January 2015, 07:23 PM |#104  

More
thank you soooooooo much guys! it HAS worked, I ´ve got the phone back..... whooooooooooo whoooooooooooooo
I have spent like a month to figure this out.. finally..

Now I only have to find out how to unlock the sim, because I can´t use the bolivian sim card...
Actually, wehn I start the phone, it asks for the PIN for the simcard, I put it in, and it works. Then, once again, I get asked
"unlock SIM". I put in the sim of the sim card, but nothing, can´t be unblocked. Do you have any clue what I can do?
BTW: The fastboot screen tells me "phone unlocked"..
23rd January 2015, 09:39 PM |#105  

More
Ok, uhhmI proceed exactly with the manual so kindly provided in this thread but I can´t get rooting.
DO I have to do anything else after installing the super user? I checked the rooting and it says that there
is an inadequat rooting on the device?
23rd January 2015, 09:48 PM |#106  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

BTW: The fastboot screen tells me "phone unlocked"..

this just means you have unlocked the boot loader
23rd January 2015, 09:54 PM |#107  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilenem

this just means you have unlocked the boot loader

ok, thank you for the information. still, I can´t get it rooted. Any suggestions? I would be already happy to unlock the simlock so I can use the phone..
24th January 2015, 12:28 AM |#108  

More
Hey its me again, sorry for being such a p**n in the a** but this is kind of urgent..

Now I have tried the CWM and then the superuser update, no rooting. Like 3 times.

Then I have tried the root genius, nothing. I have been looking for other solutions.. but nothing so far..

Please, if you have any idea, let me know. Thanks a lot!

Below a picture of the annoying dialogue I get all the time:

It says "insert sim unlock code" and below "unblock" or "dismiss"
24th January 2015, 06:59 AM |#109  
Flag Skrunda
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Good morning! One small question about Huawei Y550. - How to correctly install Link2SD on this phone? I have 32GD SD card, tried all from this tread: http://goo.gl/wAkkbk
but w/o success.
"Mount script cannot be created. Invalid argument. " I saw the 2nd partition not mounted. Phone is rooted and CWM v6.0.5.1 installed. But in CWM menu no option for partition sd card. Tried with Mini-Tool on Windows. Also "Invalid argument". Tried ext2, ext3, ext4. Works with FAT32, but I lost apps, because on 2nd partition wasn't stored anything. I saw there 4kB only. Someone has experience for that?
24th January 2015, 06:52 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:

Hey its me again, sorry for being such a p**n in the a** but this is kind of urgent..

Now I have tried the CWM and then the superuser update, no rooting. Like 3 times.

Then I have tried the root genius, nothing. I have been looking for other solutions.. but nothing so far..

Please, if you have any idea, let me know. Thanks a lot!

Below a picture of the annoying dialogue I get all the time:

It says "insert sim unlock code" and below "unblock" or "dismiss"

Rooting has nothing to do with Sim/Network unlocking and rooting the phone will not rid you of this message.
You need to get/buy the unlock code for the phone, for instance, around €2 on Ebay.
25th January 2015, 02:28 PM |#111  
Flag Skrunda
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey_shoot

Does anyone know the menu options to make CWM backups go to the SD card and not internal phone memory?

I had a very brown trousers moment when I tried to make a backup and it filled the internal memory.. and then stopped the phone from being able to boot. Thought I had bricked it (especially after clearing cache and data, with still no reboot).

Deleting the backups from within CWM fixed the problem. Phew!

From what I can work out the top menu "Backup and Restore" leads to these second level options:
1) backup image
2) restore image
3) delete image
4) restore -> with options
5) backup (to SD?)
6) restore (from SD?)
7 delete image from SD?
8) restore -> with options from SD?

Can anyone confirm or correct these?

Correct translation is there: http://goo.gl/9HgFHR
Quote:

1. backup image to internal SD