FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is there any way to root the LG K3?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fan.of.devin, Junior Member on 22nd July 2016, 07:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I realize this is a pretty new phone and since it is a lower end device it is probably not a priority for developers, but just wanted to ask.

Does anyone know if there is a way to root this phone?

22nd July 2016, 03:24 PM |#2  
Flag YUMA

More
I just can't find a way to root this phone LG K3, I'm trying to ADB sideload TWRP but I get the failed verification signature + no fastboot available..... Could someone explain please?
22nd July 2016, 11:21 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Just to update I have tried KingRoot, both the mobile and PC versions, and it did not work.
8th August 2016, 08:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
LG K3 Root
Any further developments with this? Has anyone tried TowelRoot or any of the other methods listed here: http://www.xda-developers.com/root/

Thanks in advance...
26th October 2016, 03:46 AM |#5  
Flag Jacksonville

More
I have tried kingo and a few others and they all have failed pretty badly...
I have searched for TWRP but cannot find a version for the k3... its like it doesn't exist..

Anyone found any news?
27th October 2016, 04:05 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfxwinds

I have tried kingo and a few others and they all have failed pretty badly...
I have searched for TWRP but cannot find a version for the k3... its like it doesn't exist..

Anyone found any news?

I haven't found anything to date. Google searches lead to dead ends, and there is nothing here or in the Android Central forums. I am encouraged by the fact that a few more people have expressed interest in rooting the K3. In my - admittedly brief - experience with rooting, it seems like the path forward is simply to hope that a tech-oriented person, developer or otherwise, will buy a K3 and take the time to fool around with it.

To anyone who has searched for a method to root the LG K3 and ended up here, please take the time to create a username and post on this forum. Perhaps if more people show interest, it will lead to something...
28th October 2016, 12:51 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
want root
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclevername

I haven't found anything to date. Google searches lead to dead ends, and there is nothing here or in the Android Central forums. I am encouraged by the fact that a few more people have expressed interest in rooting the K3. In my - admittedly brief - experience with rooting, it seems like the path forward is simply to hope that a tech-oriented person, developer or otherwise, will buy a K3 and take the time to fool around with it.

To anyone who has searched for a method to root the LG K3 and ended up here, please take the time to create a username and post on this forum. Perhaps if more people show interest, it will lead to something...

Really want root. There is too much bloatware on this device and I would love to get the integrate sd card as internal working. LG disabled it on all their devices sadly. If there is anyone out there who would be willing to help, we would be ever so grateful! Thanks!
10th November 2016, 02:40 PM |#8  
Flag Kansas City

Donate to Me
More
I have a spare one with a shattered but working (Thanks to the skinomi on it!) screen I'd be willing to offer up for analysis. I'm trying to root for much the same reasons...bloatware being prime. More than half the internal memory is taken up by system apps and their updates! It wouldn't be so bad if all the amazon crap was moveable, but being system apps, are not...but who the hell puts trial ware on as a system app? It means that I can have only two or three user apps, even with most of their data moved to the sd card, before running into space issues when installing updates.
10th November 2016, 05:37 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowwl

I have a spare one with a shattered but working (Thanks to the skinomi on it!) screen I'd be willing to offer up for analysis. I'm trying to root for much the same reasons...bloatware being prime. More than half the internal memory is taken up by system apps and their updates! It wouldn't be so bad if all the amazon crap was moveable, but being system apps, are not...but who the hell puts trial ware on as a system app? It means that I can have only two or three user apps, even with most of their data moved to the sd card, before running into space issues when installing updates.

It's a pretty crappy phone as is...way too much boatware, not always responsive, and the battery runs out quickly. Needs root!

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

There is another thread about the K3 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...lg-k3-t3479758
Some of us are offering donations to anyone who can root it and post the instructions.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------
19th November 2016, 05:23 PM |#10  
Flag Brick, NJ
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nothing yet huh
16th December 2016, 11:02 PM |#11  
Flag Kansas City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgkobaljr