FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Troubleshoot] Bought an used S8+. Sim card doesn't register.

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By w1cc, Junior Member on 10th September 2019, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, I recently bought an used S8+ (G955F). The seller didn't say it had any problems. I happily went home, inserted my sim card and turned on the phone. Entered the pin code. Then it all went downhill really fast. I will list my observations here (tried with multiple sim cards from different carriers, same stuff every time):
  • Signal - 1/4 bars when out of the city, 4/4 when in the city.
  • When sim is inserted and the phone is turned on pin code is required.
  • When trying to call anyone, Not registered on network error is shown.
  • When trying to send an sms to anyone, "Currently unable to send your message . It will be sent when the service becomes available" error is shown.
  • When pressing Select network operator automatically in network settings, "Unable to connect. Try later" error is shown.
  • When pressing Select manually, "Error while searching for networks" error is shown.
  • Internet not working as well.
At first I thought it was a demo phone, checked IMEI and baseband version - they were there, so I think it isn't a demo phone.
Could you guys help me out in troubleshooting this device? Could that be a software or hardware problem? Any help will be appreciated <3

11th September 2019, 09:14 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Some things I forgot to mention
MM#6 error is present.
However, I checked imei.info and imei24, the phone is not blacklisted on both. Also it shows as unlocked. What is going on
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)