FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP+ROOT] Custom recovery for Teclast T8

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By Sword900, Junior Member on 22nd January 2019, 06:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there!
I ported this TWRP recovery from Mi pad 3 and it works perfectly! It was tested on official firmware TOS-V2.01-A921 (Phoenix OS), I don't know will it work on older firmwares or not (try at your own risk). All user data and storage will be fully erased!
Step 1
First of all you need to unlock bootloader. It's required ADB to be installed on your PC, because it will be done via fastboot.
Follow this steps:
-connect the tablet to pc, (first you have to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Developer options)
- reboot the tablet in fastboot mode, hold buttons “power+Vol +” at startup, choose fastboot mode with Vol+ button, valid with Vol-
- open a command prompt in adb folder, then “fastboot devices”, then “fastboot oem unlock”, it should say “OKAY, finished”
Now it's done.
Step 2
Download this archive and unpack it (contains everything you need) - https://mega.nz/#!C1w0GaAI!Zw1QXuAgB...hPAhuZy1yjlv-k
- Install MTK drivers
- Click on Flash_tool.exe
- Select "scatter-Loading" and search MT8173_Android_scatter.txt
- Press "recovery" and add path (choose) recovery file - TWRP 3.2.3
- Select "Download Only"
- Turn off your tablet and wait some seconds
- Press “Download” button in FlashTool programm to start
- Connect your tablet into the computer via USB data cable holding volume + button (do not press power button!).
- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow. Finally, green circles should display.
That's all. Now you should flash TWRP: hold buttons “power+Vol +” at startup, choose recovery mode with Vol+ button, valid with Vol- (alike in step 1)

If you face Error message like this:
BROM ERROR : S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL (5054)
Obtain DRAM Failed!
Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded.

Do this steps: choose scatter load -> load TWRP file [B]->[/B ]Push download button -> plug in the usb cable without pushing volume up
Step 3
Now it is required to format internal storage to be displayed properly (you will see 0 mb storage size). Just go to wipe section and choose "wipe data" option (write "yes" on keybord and accept).
After this reboot recovery ( go to reboot section -> reboot recovery)
Step 4
Connect tablet to PC and copy Magisk package to internal storage (Magisk should be flashable via TWRP in .zip format and can be found in appropriative thread). I've succesfully installed Magisk v17.1.
Afterwards, go to install section -> install package and reboot device (no wipes after installation are required). If it will ask for installing TWRP app , just cancel that.

All above-described actions should be fully completed, sure nothing is missed ! Because in this case your tablet will not boot!
So, that's all ! Let me know if you face any issues. Enjoy

Custom ROMs for TWRP can be found here:
Modified stock ROM - https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...v2-01-t3894124
ASUS ZenUI ROM - https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...st-t8-t3898591
MIUI 10 ROM (BETA) - https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-beta-t3910219
Pixel Experience ROM - https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...st-t8-t3919512
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sword900 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sword900 Ad-Free

23rd January 2019, 09:32 AM |#2  
Flag Fareham
Thanks Meter: 35

More
>> P.S. In the nearest future I will release some custom ROM'S for our device, at least Stock ROM for flashing via TWRP with ROOT added.

This will be amazing - THANK YOU!
The Following User Says Thank You to jellywobbles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jellywobbles Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 08:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for your tuto.

I want to put your asus rom in my teclast T8.

On my computer flash tool don't seems to work. I have a screen sp flash tool is loading and then, nothing.
I am on Win10 and try all compatibility mods and admin mod..

Any idea ?
24th February 2019, 12:47 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naonilio

Thank you for your tuto.

I want to put your asus rom in my teclast T8.

On my computer flash tool don't seems to work. I have a screen sp flash tool is loading and then, nothing.
I am on Win10 and try all compatibility mods and admin mod..

Any idea ?

Try to install drivers for win 10 from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1982587. For me it works perfectly on win 7,8. But it is recommended to use version of SP flashtool I attached here for our device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sword900 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sword900 Ad-Free
26th February 2019, 04:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword900

Try to install drivers for win 10 from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1982587. For me it works perfectly on win 7,8. But it is recommended to use version of SP flashtool I attached here for our device.

Looks that this issue is caused by very unfortunate folder naming in zip archive. Remove "," from folder names and you should be fine . Just remember to do that also for folder T8 TWRP RECOVERY - otherwise you will face "scatter file invalid" error later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex.niemnozka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex.niemnozka Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 07:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
hello sword900,

i have downloaded your mtkflash tool but i have always an issue with the download of your recovery to the tablet.
every time, i have an flash error 4051 dram or so.

i have many tried this with different mtk drivers and disabling windows driver signature but it wont work.
after that i have installed the last official firmware V2.01-A921.

the installation was successful and that approved that my setup is ok.
i think there is a mistake between the recovery file and the scatter information.

have you any idea, what i can do to solve this problem?

thanks in advance
dreas
4th March 2019, 10:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
ok, i have found the solution. with an other flash tool and scatter file it works.
now i have tried the asus and stock rom.

it seems to be that the asus rom has gps funktionality. nice!
The Following User Says Thank You to dreas74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreas74 Ad-Free
10th March 2019, 09:16 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreas74

ok, i have found the solution. with an other flash tool and scatter file it works.

Yeah, this recovery works only on last firmware TOS v2.01. As I know, our device is not supplied with GPS module, so it won't work. Anyway let me know about your experience after testing my ROMs
10th March 2019, 11:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreas74

I also solve mi matter with an other flash tool and scatter file !

I am on the asus ROM for the moment and that's working like a charm, thank you for your work.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.niemnozka

Looks that this issue is caused by very unfortunate folder naming in zip archive. Remove "," from folder names and you should be fine . Just remember to do that also for folder T8 TWRP RECOVERY - otherwise you will face "scatter file invalid" error later.

I can confirm, I lost probably many thousands of my hairs with that problem !
12th March 2019, 02:39 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Tried somebody this solution on 1.10? Will it work, or i have to update to TOS-V2.01-A921?
12th March 2019, 03:54 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teclastt8

Tried somebody this solution on 1.10? Will it work, or i have to update to TOS-V2.01-A921?

You can try this but I don't think stock firmware will boot after this. So, you can install twrp and flash custom ROM. Anyway all your data will be lost...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom roms, teclast t8, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)