By physwizz, Senior Member on 7th August 2019, 07:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2019, 04:12 PM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardsDE

Hey so i actually tried your TWRP on the Galaxy A20e
i had alot of trouble with it though... rooting works fine but when i get to the process of flashing TWRP ( i tried 2 Methods 1. with VBMETA from A20e ROM and then your provided VBMETA ) both didnt work. the Recovery with the VBMETA from A20e throws me a footer error when trying to boot into Recovery. and the A20 VBMETA messes up the screen very bad. now i literally lost my warranty (i know its my fault. im stupid ). is there some kind of way to get the Recovery working and flash a gsi?

Look at the vbmeta image you are using with a text viewer or notepad. If it doesn't look like the one in the attached zip file you will get that footer error.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vbmeta.zip - [Click for QR Code] (149 Bytes, 18 views)
9th October 2019, 05:39 PM |#372  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidzer1

Look at the vbmeta image you are using with a text viewer or notepad. If it doesn't look like the one in the attached zip file you will get that footer error.

thank you for the answer when i want to look at the vbmeta.img in notepad++ it just says avb0 followed by avbtools v1.1.0
im not an proffessional in those kind of things. im back on Stock now how should i continue to get TWRP? do i need to change any files?

the A20e vbmeta includes a bunch of other random stuff in Editor including the first line i already described.
heres a screenshot ( i already tried adding it to the post but it gets corrupted) https://pasteboard .co/IBcs9D9 .png remove the blank spaces
9th October 2019, 09:01 PM |#373  
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:

i had alot of trouble with it though... rooting works fine but when i get to the process of flashing TWRP ( i tried 2 Methods 1. with VBMETA from A20e ROM and then your provided VBMETA ) both didnt work. the Recovery with the VBMETA from A20e throws me a footer error when trying to boot into Recovery. and the A20 VBMETA messes up the screen very bad. now i literally lost my warranty (i know its my fault. im stupid ). is there some kind of way to get the Recovery working and flash a gsi?

I totally bricked my Galaxy Tab S once.
I took it back and they sent it off to Samsung Australia.
It came back a week later all fixed. No questions asked.
9th October 2019, 09:29 PM |#374  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

I totally bricked my Galaxy Tab S once.
I took it back and they sent it off to Samsung Australia.
It came back a week later all fixed. No questions asked.

The phone is not bricked but i would really like to get your TWRP working for GSIs.
10th October 2019, 12:13 AM |#375  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:

Perhaps @afaneh92 could help
10th October 2019, 12:26 PM |#376  
Flag Some where
Thanks Meter: 3,098

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The phone is not bricked but i would really like to get your TWRP working for GSIs.

If there vbmeta.img there in BL_XXXXX just remove it via 7zip
10th October 2019, 02:00 PM |#377  

More
sorry but how should those steps install TWRP on my A20e? i already put boot+recovery+different vbmeta images in a tar and none work. like i said my phone is not bricked, i just really need to get TWRP working. and the steps you give me dont really seem usefull to me in that case. why should i mess with the Stock BL_XXXX file? you only need to for flashing the Stock Rom back.
10th October 2019, 09:00 PM |#378  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:

sorry but how should those steps install TWRP on my A20e? i already put boot+recovery+different vbmeta images in a tar and none work. like i said my phone is not bricked, i just really need to get TWRP working. and the steps you give me dont really seem usefull to me in that case. why should i mess with the Stock BL_XXXX file? you only need to for flashing the Stock Rom back.

What is the size of you patched boot.img?
11th October 2019, 05:28 AM |#379  

More
Quote:

thank you for the answer when i want to look at the vbmeta.img in notepad++ it just says avb0 followed by avbtools v1.1.0
im not an proffessional in those kind of things. im back on Stock now how should i continue to get TWRP? do i need to change any files?

the A20e vbmeta includes a bunch of other random stuff in Editor including the first line i already described.
heres a screenshot ( i already tried adding it to the post but it gets corrupted) https://pasteboard .co/IBcs9D9 .png remove the blank spaces

All that other stuff in your vbmeta.img is why you are getting the footer error. Use the vbmeta.img in the zip I put up in my last message and try with that one and I think you'll no longer get the footer error. If you are doing everything else correctly the TWRP should install okay.
11th October 2019, 01:42 PM |#380  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidzer1

All that other stuff in your vbmeta.img is why you are getting the footer error. Use the vbmeta.img in the zip I put up in my last message and try with that one and I think you'll no longer get the footer error. If you are doing everything else correctly the TWRP should install okay.

when i do that i get weird red screen flashes. when booting in recovery :/

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

What is the size of you patched boot.img?

around 36mb
11th October 2019, 05:25 PM |#381  

More
Quote:

when i do that i get weird red screen flashes. when booting in recovery :/[COLOR="Silver"]

I'm assuming you took the vbmeta.img file out of the .zip file before using it? I thought I had seen every possible problem while rooting and installing TWRP on this phone but 'weird red screen flashes' is one problem I haven't come across.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung-galaxy-a20

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)