FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ulefone Armor 3/3T customization

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By NMaverick, Member on 2nd January 2019, 08:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just received my Ulefone Armor 3 and started customization. (http://ulefone.com/products/armor3/features.html)
So far I have came upon several issues, some of which you'll find below:

1) I have searched everywhere for a TWRP port and root method. Here's the ported TWRP 3.2.1 Recovery from Ulefone Power 5 which works for Ulefone Armor 3/3T. Here's the original recovery (haven't tested it).

2) Disable Ulefone Armor 3 encryption: Here's the link.

3) Google Play keeps crashing. Follow the steps here.

4) Booting now shows with small letters the following message:"Orange State, the device is unlocked and cannot be trusted. Booting will continue in 5 seconds". I don't want my device to show this message and wait 5 seconds, is there a way to do this? The message is shown because I have unlocked the bootloader.

5) TWRP backup (the one I am using, ported from Ulefone Power 3 or Armor 5) breaks when backing up modem partition and stops the backup with error. The only way so far is to take the backup deselecting the modem folder.

6) FolderMount needs a specific SU binary, which I cannot flash at all (SU by chainfire). Tried an old binary in order to update it later, but still no success. Is there any alternatives that work with Magisk?

7) Xposed installer (Gravitybox module). Many options don't work, but some of them do work. The same with Magisk Modules. I guess I have to experiment some more to see what works and what not.

8) Nova Launcher: Is it my idea or this really lags the device at start? Any good similar alternatives (mostly interested in widget resizing)?

Thank you all

A. How to install adb and Fastboot Driver
B. How to install VCom Drivers and the Vcom installer
C. How to unlock the bootloader, Install TWRP, Root, Disable Encryption

I have tested all the above myself and I have confirmed that the procedures work.

Photo Samples
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NMaverick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NMaverick Ad-Free

4th January 2019, 11:04 AM |#2  
Flag quebec
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hi , sorry i cant help much , but i also got that phone , pretty locked down on anything you try to touch , some devlopper option just not accecible , some basic option not avaiable and hidden behind encryption to the os/rom?

mine doesnt even have a recovery menu , i get a no command logo or error of acces , cant seem to be able to root it by myself ,

the most information i got was from a russian forum were every links are down and i only speak google translate russian so im hitting some heavy wall here and there too , cant even register .

im waiting for some random site i didnt know about provide a mirror link for the twrp , if i can even install it .

iv got the rom at least here

but iv got a lot of reading to do before im able to do anything productive here . im usualy a user not a devloper . its the first time i have a phone i really wanted but didnt have a huge fanbase to help me be lazy .

edit: also the phone is really nice , been able to go for 3 days before getting to 15 % , 2 hours of walking playing a 2d online game on lte with bluetooth was from 100% to 89 . speaker are incredible , nice screen , hard as reinforced metal bar , almost a pound in weight , good wifi , lots of give and take on whats avaiable as options , lots of locked stuff. i feel lots of processing is done by various encryption and the cpu is not at is full potential . gpu is basic . a good custom rom and kernel from someone who know what he or she is doing would be the most welcome , as lots of stuff seem to be behind wall also security patch from july .
4th January 2019, 12:57 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
I got it to work! I will soon post everything as I gather it from various sources.
5th January 2019, 05:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There should be a link for dm verity opt for disabling encryption and google play issue that OP is having.
I did full backup of my ROM to retain my IMEI only to find that the Russian forum pulled the link for TWRP.
Im anxiously waiting for the last poster to provide new links or wait for a mirror download on Rom Provider website. Cheers

Heres address //romprovider.com/2018/12/ulefone-armor-3-armor-3t-root-twrp/#Root_twrp_Ulefone_Armor_3_Armor_3T
5th January 2019, 10:25 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMaverick

I just received my Ulefone Armor 3 and started customization. (http://ulefone.com/products/armor3/features.html)
So far I have came upon several issues, some of which you'll find below:

1) I have searched everywhere for a TWRP port and root method. So far there's only an old TWRP port that has limited functionality.
The problem is mainly because Armor 3 has Oreo 8.1 and it has forcefully encrypted the data partition. When I start TWRP a password prompt request is shown that cannot be bypassed. I am using the password I had set for my device, but even if I don't set a password or fingerprint the data partition is shown encrypted (size 0). Can anyone port the latest TWRP recovery?

2) (Related to 1) Was anyone successful in disabling Ulefone Armor 3 encryption? The only way to flash Magisk v18 is to factory reset, reboot to TWRP and flash it, but this does not disable encryption.

3) Google Play keeps crashing, impossible to search and install any app. I have tried uninstalling, erasing data and cache, disabling, re-enabling (original app starts) and everything works fine, but as soon as it updates itself the app crashes again.

4) Booting now shows with small letters the following message:"Orange State, the device is unlocked and cannot be trusted. Booting will continue in 5 seconds". I don't want my device to show this message and wait 5 seconds, is there a way to do this? The message is shown because I have unlocked the bootloader.

5) TWRP backup (the one I am using, ported from Ulefone Power 3 or Armor 5) breaks when backing up modem partition and stops the backup with error (cannot find file). I hope this will get fixed when the latest TWRP is successfully ported. (I found some instructions here https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ource-t3843473 but I cannot follow them correctly).

6) FolderMount needs a specific SU binary, which I cannot flash at all (SU by chainfire). Tried an old binary in order to update it later, but still no success. Is there any alternatives that work with Magisk?

7) Xposed installer (Gravitybox module). Many options don't work, but some of them do work. The same with Magisk Modules. I guess I have to experiment some more to see what works and what not.

8) Nova Launcher: Is it my idea or this really lags the device at start? Any good similar alternatives (mostly interested in widget resizing)?

Thank you all
I will update with any new problems and solutions here.

P.S. I am using the smartphone for over 24 hours straight the last two days with a lot of rebooting, screen and wifi always on and it is only at 50% battery from a fully charged battery after a 45 day journey to me. Amazing!

Can you give me link for twrp?

As for decrypting, check the latest post and link from ROM Provider. I gave an address not allowed to post links yet.🤣
6th January 2019, 01:35 PM |#6  
Flag quebec

More
no twrp yet . files and tools to reflash in case of problems ;whats in the link https://yadi.sk/d/T6G5DkTZFKCgcQ mirrors ; https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4...rjs-xtThyDwPu6
The Following User Says Thank You to jordanvachon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordanvachon Ad-Free
6th January 2019, 04:45 PM |#7  
Flag quebec

More
LINK IS UP : http://www.mediafire.com/file/gd4ixx...armor+3_3T.rar TWRP FROM ROMPROVIDER didnt test yet .
The Following User Says Thank You to jordanvachon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordanvachon Ad-Free
6th January 2019, 07:25 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
I have updated the description with the solutions. I have also checked the procedure myself and it works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to NMaverick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NMaverick Ad-Free
8th January 2019, 11:49 AM |#9  
Flag quebec

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMaverick

I have updated the description with the solutions. I have also checked the procedure myself and it works fine.

thank you very much , will try in the next few days .

edit ; scatter file not loading keep getting an error , gotta have to try the other method
10th January 2019, 08:41 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Tasker: Notification Leds for Tasks (Update since "tasker, Notification, Set Light" stopped working)
There seem to be 4 Notification Leds in this device, the first of which is "dummy". Here are the color combinations for turning them on and off in Tasker (Code>Run Shell, with Use-Root to "on". I have used them to see when "Car Mode" is enabled when I am in my car (I use an NFC tag to turn it on).

- Task-Type "Code>Run Shell", set Use-Root to "on",
command: echo 64>/sys/class/leds/mt6370_pemu_led2/brightness/brightness (to turn on led 2 as Green)
command: echo 64>/sys/class/leds/mt6370_pemu_led3/brightness/brightness (to turn on led 3 as Blue)

The result is Light Blue.
To turn off lights you need to enter both commands:
command: echo 00>/sys/class/leds/mt6370_pemu_led2/brightness/brightness (to turn off led 2)
command: echo 00>/sys/class/leds/mt6370_pemu_led3/brightness/brightness (to turn off led 3)

Led names (under /sys/class/leds/) are the following:
lcd-backlight, mt6370_pmu_bled, mt6370_pmu_led1, mt6370_pmu_led2, mt6370_pmu_led3, mt6370_pmu_led4

Color combinations are these (1 means 64 in the commands and 0 means 00. I am not sure if putting 01 works):

Led 1 Led 2 Led 3 Led 4 Color
0 0 0 0 Off
0 0 0 1 Red
0 0 1 0 Blue
0 0 1 1 Blue-Red
0 1 0 0 Green
0 1 0 1 Light Green
0 1 1 0 Light Blue
0 1 1 1 Light Blue
1 0 0 0 Off
1 0 0 1 Red
1 0 1 0 Blue
1 0 1 1 Blue-Red
1 1 0 0 Green
1 1 0 1 Light Green
1 1 1 0 Light Blue
1 1 1 1 Light Blue

Thank this post
20th January 2019, 06:48 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvachon

thank you very much , will try in the next few days .

edit ; scatter file not loading keep getting an error , gotta have to try the other method

Try generating your own firmware so you retain your own imei. There is a great tutorial on "Hovatech Forum". Follow instructions for your chipset. It will need to be put in manually with drop down menu. Super easy and Im a noob. Ive already reflashed stock several times due to encryption errors and nvram issues.
Cant figure out why modem cant be backed up with twrp. Otherwise fine. Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
armor 3, root, rugged, twrp, ulefone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)