Thanks Meter: 15

By NMaverick, Member on 2nd January 2019, 08:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2019, 06:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvachon

thank you very much , will try in the next few days .

edit ; scatter file not loading keep getting an error , gotta have to try the other method

Try generating your own firmware so you retain your own imei. There is a great tutorial on "Hovatech Forum". Follow instructions for your chipset. It will need to be put in manually with drop down menu. Super easy and Im a noob. Ive already reflashed stock several times due to encryption errors and nvram issues.
Cant figure out why modem cant be backed up with twrp. Otherwise fine. Cheers

21st January 2019, 11:52 AM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
How to remove the annoying Video Recording sound
-----------------------------------------------------------------
With root access and e.g. ES Explorer just rename /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg to e.g. VVideoRecord.ogg
Immediate effect, no restart needed.
1st March 2019, 10:56 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does any of you have the 3T version? If so, can you make an .apk of the Intercom software and upload it? From what i understand, all the hardware for walkie-talkie is included in the 3 version, they just left out the software, which you can't download anywhere. I'd like to test installing it on my 3 version
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Str3atwarrior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Str3atwarrior Ad-Free
2nd March 2019, 12:42 AM |#14  

More
i just got my ulefone armor 3t in yesterday and have been reading up on it. so far i have install twrp and magisk but when i boot into recovery it asks me for a password to decrypt. i cant get my pin or password to work.
i made a copy of the intercom apk but cant post a link right now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Badtoyz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badtoyz Ad-Free
2nd March 2019, 08:54 AM |#15  
Flag Healesville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badtoyz

i just got my ulefone armor 3t in yesterday and have been reading up on it. so far i have install twrp and magisk but when i boot into recovery it asks me for a password to decrypt. i cant get my pin or password to work.
i made a copy of the intercom apk but cant post a link right now

I'd be pretty interested in trying the intercom APK on my Armor 3 as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damien0505 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift damien0505 Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 09:27 PM |#16  

More
So far I have got it rooted with magisk and have exposed framework installed. All seems to e going well
6th March 2019, 06:49 AM |#17  
Flag Jackson
Thanks Meter: 35

More
That TWRP doesn't work with encrypted userdata partition - known issue. All we can do is to trade "security?" for functionality and decrypt userdata partition - all data will be lost - make Titanium and int.sd backup
Format (not wipe !) userdata partition under twrp or use adb/fastboot and w/o booting into system flash modified /vendor/etc/fstab_mt6763 with disabled force_encryption flag (disable_encryption.zip)

Operations involve stock recovery (i.e. factory reset, ota update) end up with "recovery loop" if twrp installed. if that happened - restore "para" partition or flash "para" from rom image via spflashtool.
("para" partition contains last issued reboot flag)

Links on russian 4pda forum are not dead - you have to be registered and logged in to be able to download.

A'm pretty sure that armor 3 has no intercom module (hardware) but intercom software is in intercom.zip (twrp flashable /system/app/intercom folder)

Almost nothing about UI customization in 8.1
I've found only one app that really works (very limited - see pics)
it is "Pluvius" ($2)

Updated ROMs
Armor 3

Give me one reason to mess with it.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I always forget - it's 8.1 and chances to install something pushing it into /system are low. I tried "miravision" from new ROM and that folder just disappeared after reboot if installed in /app and sfter pushing it into priv-app I had to restore /system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190305-234513.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	4717592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190305-234703.png
Views:	200
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	4717593  
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWRP_Armor3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.02 MB, 50 views)
File Type: zip intercom.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.58 MB, 74 views)
File Type: zip disable_encryption_+Armor+3-2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (134.0 KB, 36 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to zelipukin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelipukin Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 08:29 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelipukin

That TWRP doesn't work with encrypted userdata partition - known issue. All we can do is to trade "security?" for functionality and decrypt userdata partition - all data will be lost - make Titanium and int.sd backup
Format (not wipe !) userdata partition under twrp or use adb/fastboot and w/o booting into system flash modified /vendor/etc/fstab_mt6763 with disabled force_encryption flag (disable_encryption.zip)

Operations involve stock recovery (i.e. factory reset, ota update) end up with "recovery loop" if twrp installed. if that happened - restore "para" partition or flash "para" from rom image via spflashtool.
("para" partition contains last issued reboot flag)

Links on russian 4pda forum are not dead - you have to be registered and logged in to be able to download.

A'm pretty sure that armor 3 has no intercom module (hardware) but intercom software is in intercom.zip (twrp flashable /system/app/intercom folder)

Almost nothing about UI customization in 8.1
I've found only one app that really works (very limited - see pics)
it is "Pluvius" ($2)

Thnx for files.
Any way to ADB install Intercom? Don't really want to hack with TWRP quite yet.
7th March 2019, 11:26 PM |#19  
Flag Jackson
Thanks Meter: 35

More
yes, I think, unzip intercom folder and push it to /system/app
permissions:
folders - 0755
.apk & .*dex - 0644
And I just noticed libs (.so) in /lib/arm64 are not actual files but links (see pics)
so if you don't have these libs in /system/lib64 I attached them.
You can create links or just put lib files in /system/app/lib/arm64

is there antenna socket in Armor 3 ? It's kinda not safe (for radio chip) to turn radio on w/o antenna connected. though, I did it several times accidently (have that ptt button remapped now)

I always forgot - it's android 8.1 and chances to install something in /system are low I tried to push "miravision" from new ROM, but that folder just disappeared after reboot if installed in /app and after I pushed it to /priv-app I had to restore /system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190307-161517.png
Views:	150
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	4718778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190307-161532.png
Views:	150
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	4718779  
Attached Files
File Type: zip intercon_libs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (47.0 KB, 24 views)
11th March 2019, 02:13 PM |#20  
Flag Healesville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

permissions:
folders - 0755
.apk & .*dex - 0644
And I just noticed libs (.so) in /lib/arm64 are not actual files but links (see pics)

is there antenna socket in Armor 3 ? It's kinda not safe (for radio chip) to turn radio on w/o antenna connected. though, I did it several times accidently (have that ptt button remapped now)

I always forgot - it's android 8.1 and chances to install something in /system are low I tried to push "miravision" from new ROM, but that folder just disappeared after reboot if installed in /app and after I pushed it to /priv-app I had to restore /system

I'll have a go at installing intercom tomorrow. Pretty sure I should have an antenna around that'll fit!
12th March 2019, 11:32 AM |#21  
Flag Healesville

Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:

permissions:
folders - 0755
.apk & .*dex - 0644

Hi Zelipukin,
Any chance you an extract the intercom apk with APK Extractor or something similar?
Kind regards,
Damien
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
armor 3, root, rugged, twrp, ulefone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)