FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ulefone Armor 6E - only stock recovery after flashing TWRP

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By PanRyba, Junior Member on 1st October 2019, 12:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I tried to flash TWRP using this guide: https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-3-...fone-armor-6e/
I do everything step by step, but every time after rebooting to recovery there is not TWRP but only stock recovery. I have unlocked bootloader. The device is active using the "fastboot devices" command. USB debugging mode is ON. Please help me solve this problem
1st October 2019, 12:42 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
install Magisk then official twrp app and flash twrp from the app to recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanRyba

I tried to flash TWRP using this guide: https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-3-...fone-armor-6e/
I do everything step by step, but every time after rebooting to recovery there is not TWRP but only stock recovery. I have unlocked bootloader. The device is active using the "fastboot devices" command. USB debugging mode is ON. Please help me solve this problem


The only way it worked for me was to install official twrp app, and flash twrp-3.3.1-0-Armor_6.img from the app to recovery, then click on reboot to rrcovery also in the app.

Twrp will only be available one time after the reboot (so it is not really flashed)
(Adb flash recovery doesn't work for me)

In order to use official twrp app, i rooted with magisk

U welcome
1st October 2019, 01:08 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm confused now. How did you root with magisk without TWRP. The Magisk installation was basically the only reason for me to flash TWRP
1st October 2019, 01:36 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanRyba

I'm confused now. How did you root with magisk without TWRP. The Magisk installation was basically the only reason for me to flash TWRP

Same as twrp

Install magisk app and do it from there:

Go to github website and download MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

From the apk you will be able to flash your boot partition with magisk (it will save a boot image flashed with magisk on your phone)

The second step is simply to transfer that .img on your computer, install platform tools (in order to use adb command line)
Launch cmd.exe in platform tools folder
Connect your phone to computer via a usb cable and usb debug enabled
Type the command "adb devices" to check if your device is recognised (if a window appear on your phone to enable connection click ok)
Then type "adb reboot bootloader" (you are now in fastboot mode)
Then type "fastboot flash boot (then the name of your flashed with magisk boot image.img that you previously put in platforms tool folder in order to not search for the path)"
Then type "fastboot reboot"
Then from magisk manager app update magisk

That's it
No need for a recovery in the first place to root with magisk
The Following User Says Thank You to Lilxtreme1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lilxtreme1 Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 02:05 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
finally works. thanks you dude. I really appreciate your help
The Following User Says Thank You to PanRyba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PanRyba Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 02:13 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanRyba

finally works. thanks you dude. I really appreciate your help

You're welcome
Glad to help
29th October 2019, 09:39 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanRyba

I tried to flash TWRP using this guide: https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-3-...fone-armor-6e/

I also used that guide and couldn't get TWRP or Magisk to install on my new Armor 6E. I was able to use "Method 2" and SP Tool to flash TWRP 3.3.1-0, then I was able to flash Magisk using TWRP recovery.

I flashed Magisk-v20. 0(20000).zip
MD5 checksum: 56f82549e9f3c659a11f1f459e56489f

Now I seem to be stuck with the "Orange State" message at boot.

When I attempt to use TWRP to flash "no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip" I get the following :
-----
Installing zip file '[file path]'
Checking for Digest file...
Verifying zip signature...
Zip signature verified successfully.
##dm-verity and forced encryption disabler by jcadduono version 6.0##
Unpacking the installer...
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file' no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip'
Updating partition details...
... done
-----
The file has this MD5 checksum:
caea927e96c755f3568e85dbded88923
1st November 2019, 03:38 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
When I attempt to use TWRP to flash "orange_state_disabler_MTK Only.zip" I get the following:
-----
Installing zip file '[pathname]'
Checking for Digest file...
Verifying zip signature...
Zip signature verification failed!
Error installing zip file 'orange_state_disabler_MTK Only.zip'
Updating partition details...
... done
-----
That file has this MD5 hash:
30b01bb314d26643b6cc1dfce1d81cf5

I get nearly the same result when I attempt to install "ROMProvider.COM_orange_state_disabler 0.3.zip"
(Zip signature verification failed!)
That file also has the same MD5 hash:
30b01bb314d26643b6cc1dfce1d81cf5

TWRP asks for a password when I first boot into recovery. I also tried to contact them at the unofficialtwrp.com website (where I downloaded the zip files), but their contact page seems to loop back on itself.

Has anyone else run into this (and stuck with Orange State warning at boot)?
2nd November 2019, 12:03 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndt44

Now I seem to be stuck with the "Orange State" message at boot.

I was finally able to use TWRP 3.3.1 Install to flash file "ROMProvider.COM_orange_state_disabler_v0.3.zi p" this morning and rid myself of the Orange State warning every single boot. NOTE: I had to UNCHECK zip file verification in TWRP Install in order to get it to work this time!!

This was my output:
-------------------------------
Installing zip file '[pathname]'
Checking for Digest file...
--- 'Orange State' disabler v0.3 - - -
##### Created by XopmoH97 #####
Current zip - > 'ROMProvider.COM_orange_state_disabler_v0.3.zip'.
Unzipping binaries to '/tmp'...
Success!
Set execute flag to 'tmp/sed-arm'.
Set execute flag to 'tmp/xxd-arm'.
Checking CPU architecture...
CPU architecture 'arm64-v8a' is supported!
Searching 'lk' block in GPT...
Success! 'lk' block = '/dev/block/mmcblk0p27'
Saving '/dev/block/mmcblk0p27' to '/tmp/lk.img'...
Testing NEW algorithm...
NEW algorithm is available!!!
Patching '/tmp/lk.img'...
Success!
Writing '/tmp/lk.img' to '/dev/block/mmcblk0p27'...
Success!!! Please reboot your device!
Updating partition details...
... done
-----------
Unfortunately, the no-verity.ZIP still will not flash!
4th November 2019, 05:58 AM |#10  
Pergmen's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndt44

I was finally able to use TWRP 3.3.1 Install to flash file "ROMProvider.COM_orange_state_disabler_v0.3.zi p" this morning and rid myself of the Orange State warning every single boot. NOTE: I had to UNCHECK zip file verification in TWRP Install in order to get it to work this time!!

This was my output:
-------------------------------
Installing zip file '[pathname]'
Checking for Digest file...
--- 'Orange State' disabler v0.3 - - -
##### Created by XopmoH97 #####
Current zip - > 'ROMProvider.COM_orange_state_disabler_v0.3.zip'.
Unzipping binaries to '/tmp'...
Success!
Set execute flag to 'tmp/sed-arm'.
Set execute flag to 'tmp/xxd-arm'.
Checking CPU architecture...
CPU architecture 'arm64-v8a' is supported!
Searching 'lk' block in GPT...
Success! 'lk' block = '/dev/block/mmcblk0p27'
Saving '/dev/block/mmcblk0p27' to '/tmp/lk.img'...
Testing NEW algorithm...
NEW algorithm is available!!!
Patching '/tmp/lk.img'...
Success!
Writing '/tmp/lk.img' to '/dev/block/mmcblk0p27'...
Success!!! Please reboot your device!
Updating partition details...
... done
-----------
Unfortunately, the no-verity.ZIP still will not flash!

The Orange State disabler zip is news to me, and it sounds worthwhile to flash.

I successfully flashed the DM-Verity zip from an OTG USB drive after using TWRP to format the system and data partitions to EXT4. No success with ROMs yet.
5th November 2019, 12:07 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pergmen

The Orange State disabler zip is news to me, and it sounds worthwhile to flash.

I successfully flashed the DM-Verity zip from an OTG USB drive after using TWRP to format the system and data partitions to EXT4. No success with ROMs yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvyrmnd

The 6 and 6E are very similar devices. The TWRP listed here works on the 6E. Magisk also works as described.

I cannot confirm for the 6 (but is likely), but the 6E works with all phh-based GSI ROMs.


These phones use A/B images.

Can't post links even when quoting so you just have to google "treble project github"
I have gotten roms to work (use A/B even if treble check says its only A for somereason).

I wasn't able to get liniageOS to work (from the pie roms, i think everyting else seems to work) and android Q ones even thou it should be able to from what i have gathered.

IMPORTANT! It seems like every rom is missing basic features like gestures, i dont know if it has to do with the kernel maybe? Im nubie.

VERY IMPOTANT!! Lost my IMEI number from messing around with the phone so be careful! Im not responsible.
The Following User Says Thank You to poohju For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poohju Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ulefone-armor-6e

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes