FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

UMIDIGI C2 Custom ROM, Root, TWRP required

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By laserpoint, Junior Member on 22nd September 2017, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got this new phone. Can anyone give me working links and genuine tutorials on ROOT Procedures, TWRP and Custom ROM for UMIDIGI C2. Custom ROM is my biggest need. Thanks in advance for help.

18th October 2017, 12:47 PM |#2  

More
Hi, did you find a working custom ROM?
19th October 2017, 10:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I also have a C2 purchased for my son for xmas that I should have checked before buying if it was rootable as it has too much bloatware on it that I'd like to remove but can't as classed as system packages.

I've googled the web and not found anyone who has rooted one yet so hoping one of the excellent developers on here will have a go as its a nice phone, well spec'd and priced and suruprised given its been out since around June it hasn't been rooted yet.
23rd October 2017, 11:46 AM |#4  

More
Another Umidigi C2 user here, also interested in replacing default system.
9th November 2017, 12:03 PM |#5  
Flag Kavala
Thanks Meter: 3

More
TWRP for C2 not yet available?
16th November 2017, 06:54 AM |#7  
Flag Kavala

More
Has anybody given a try?
20th November 2017, 03:37 PM |#8  

More
I haven't yet and did download all the tools to my onedrive (work and home) unfortunatly my work antivirus system picked up dumpimage.exe as a risk and quaratined it although suspect thats a false positive or purely picked up due to the nature of the tool https://www.symantec.com/security_re...6-99&vid=24060

May have a try this evening although I'm not sure if once rooted its best to put the latest vanilla android on it (if possible) or just use the power of root to remove all the preinstalled 'system' crap?
The Following User Says Thank You to MoiX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MoiX Ad-Free
21st November 2017, 09:23 AM |#9  
Flag Kavala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoiX

I haven't yet and did download all the tools to my onedrive (work and home) unfortunatly my work antivirus system picked up dumpimage.exe as a risk and quaratined it although suspect thats a false positive or purely picked up due to the nature of the tool https://www.symantec.com/security_re...6-99&vid=24060
May have a try this evening although I'm not sure if once rooted its best to put the latest vanilla android on it (if possible) or just use the power of root to remove all the preinstalled 'system' crap?

Hmmm.. First option seems easier..?
21st November 2017, 10:16 AM |#10  

More
I had a go but despite adb reboot bootloader working (after enable Developer USB Debug and OEM Boot) I could't get fastboot oem unlock to work.

I've little experience of Android devices as my own mobile is an iPhone 6S which jailbroken on iOS 9.x and despite Jailbreaks of iOS being few and far between, when they do come they seem to be a lot easier to perform that most android roots which I'd have thought by the very nature of android's 'open' nature shouldn't really be as difficult with so many steps as they appear to be.

I think I'll need a better guide as the one mark332 posted with the root image (thanks Mark332...if it works), does seem a little generic and possibly untested?
21st November 2017, 11:15 AM |#11  
Flag Kavala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoiX

does seem a little generic and possibly untested?

Allthough I have rooted myself all my previous mobile phones, (Jiayou, ZTE, Xiaomi), nevetherless I agree, guide probably is not tested.. I guess we have to be patient, expecting some better.. From the other side C2 seems to be a good phone but so annoying because of bloatware..
There are some poor informations here https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=836202&st=320 but even with translator hard to understand.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, root, umidigi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)