FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Umidigi One Pro Q&A/Discussion/Project Treble

2,544 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,482

By razen_kain, Senior Member on 28th March 2019, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok I started this thread in hopes that I could get some answers from someone more knowledgeable than me on these MTK phones.

I've been reading online about flashing these GSI roms but I've seen multiple different methods. Some say use TWRP others say fastboot, or should I use SP flash tools...? And what are the proper wipes to prep for GSI flash? I've seen some say wipe everything except internal and others say just wipe dalvik/cache, and still others that say you must wipe in stock recovery then flash and boot twrp to flash system image...? Can any Umidigi Pros enlighten us a little? I'm sure google will bring more people to this page in time...or not?

I have flashed some GSI ROMs but everyone I've tried I cant seem to get root with Magisk. Magisk shows to be installed but when root apps call for root it just sits there and times out and I never get the prompt to grant root. This means I can't edit the APN which means no data which is not an option.

PS I've tried posting over in Umidigi community but it seems like a ghost town over there and I don't want to hijack any of the other threads here for our device as none of them are related to this issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free

12th June 2019, 07:50 PM |#2  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Here also seems to be a ghost town unfortunately.....
12th June 2019, 08:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogeid79

Here also seems to be a ghost town unfortunately.....

Yeah unfortunately... It's a shame such a good phone is going to waste. I blame Umidigi
The Following User Says Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gsi, magisk, project treble, twrp, umidigi-one-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)