By smvsmv, Member on 2nd February 2020, 03:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2020, 11:58 PM |#91  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
GSI
Thanks @mrmazak

I am able to revert back to stock without problems and also got Havoc GSI installed. Will keep this thread posted on how it performs.

Everyone,
Below is what I did. Some of these steps may not be required. I don't know which.

1. Download a AB GSI. I used Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
2. Flash the stock ROM. I used UMIDIGI_Power_3.E_V1.2_202003282206.
3. Boot into the stock rom. In developer settings enable OEM unlock and bootloader unlock.
4. Perform the below commands in adb
5. adb reboot recovery
6. Select Factory reset and reset.
7. adb reboot bootloader (or use the menu option)
8. fastboot flashing unlock
9. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (from stock ROM)
10. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img (from stock ROM)
11. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img (from stock ROM)
12. fastboot -w
13. fastboot reboot fastboot (you should get to fastbootd menu)
14. fastboot erase system
15. fastboot delete-logical-partition product
16. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash system Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
17. Reboot to system.

Thanks to @mrmazak and a few other people on the internet. I just did this by trial and error. So, unable to help you with any troubleshooting. If you follow the above steps, things should work.

6/30: The above process works for all AB GSIs. However, getting root is an issue in all of them. There are modified magisk versions available, but no way for us to flash it. You can't flash it from the unofficial twrp because it says that system is not found. From stock recovery, sideload doesn't allow it to be flashed either.. so, I'm back on stock for now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smvsmv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smvsmv Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 10:31 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
can you provide some screenshots of the gsi installed?

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

because the command fastboot reboot fastboot never worked for me from day 1.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I'm mainly interested in using android 11 GSI's when they are out/proven/totally stable because god knows Umidigi won't upgrade us!
2nd July 2020, 09:33 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smvsmv

Thanks @mrmazak

I am able to revert back to stock without problems and also got Havoc GSI installed. Will keep this thread posted on how it performs.

Everyone,
Below is what I did. Some of these steps may not be required. I don't know which.

1. Download a AB GSI. I used Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
2. Flash the stock ROM. I used UMIDIGI_Power_3.E_V1.2_202003282206.
3. Boot into the stock rom. In developer settings enable OEM unlock and bootloader unlock.
4. Perform the below commands in adb
5. adb reboot recovery
6. Select Factory reset and reset.
7. adb reboot bootloader (or use the menu option)
8. fastboot flashing unlock
9. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (from stock ROM)
10. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img (from stock ROM)
11. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img (from stock ROM)
12. fastboot -w
13. fastboot reboot fastboot (you should get to fastbootd menu)
14. fastboot erase system
16. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash system Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
17. Reboot to system.

Thanks to @mrmazak and a few other people on the internet. I just did this by trial and error. So, unable to help you with any troubleshooting. If you follow the above steps, things should work.

6/30: The above process works for all AB GSIs. However, getting root is an issue in all of them. There are modified magisk versions available, but no way for us to flash it. You can't flash it from the unofficial twrp because it says that system is not found. From stock recovery, sideload doesn't allow it to be flashed either.. so, I'm back on stock for now.

As far as I know, the recent TWRP version still does not support android 10 completely mainly because of the super partition and several others in comparison to android 9. Other devices or SoC's under android 10 may have gotten this to work but none that I know of utilizing MTK SoC's. I could be wrong though
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatsun0x0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tatsun0x0 Ad-Free
2nd July 2020, 10:21 PM |#94  

More
Don't even care about root to be honest...long as we can eventually get android 11 and beyond on this device.
3rd July 2020, 09:13 PM |#95  

More
doesn't work
3rd July 2020, 11:45 PM |#96  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobreak1970

can you provide some screenshots of the gsi installed?

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

because the command fastboot reboot fastboot never worked for me from day 1.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I'm mainly interested in using android 11 GSI's when they are out/proven/totally stable because god knows Umidigi won't upgrade us!

Maybe it's help you. Only testing you know!
#1.0.5
Updated to latest version again (07/05/2020);
Fully support for dynamic partitions.
[TOOL][WINDOWS] Adb and Fastboot Installer (Latest SDK update)
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonPitbull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DragonPitbull Ad-Free
4th July 2020, 12:10 AM |#97  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonPitbull

Maybe it's help you. Only testing you know!
#1.0.5
Updated to latest version again (07/05/2020);
Fully support for dynamic partitions.
[TOOL][WINDOWS] Adb and Fastboot Installer (Latest SDK update)

I feel like such a noob! rotfl. I didn't even think about updating my fastboot and adb!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

So now my question is this: does the GSI roms make the phone any better performance wise?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

It's working THANK YOU SO MUCH! ITS BOOTING WOOT WOOT!
4th July 2020, 12:57 AM |#98  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobreak1970

I feel like such a noob! rotfl. I didn't even think about updating my fastboot and adb!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

So now my question is this: does the GSI roms make the phone any better performance wise?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

It's working THANK YOU SO MUCH! ITS BOOTING WOOT WOOT!

I feel happy that you did it.
Keep in mind about backing up phone files and always remember about the security of trying new GSI ROMs.
Maybe now you can install android R (11) by erfanoabdi?!
Generic-AB-11-20200618-ErfanGSI.img-2335.7z
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonPitbull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DragonPitbull Ad-Free
4th July 2020, 01:55 AM |#99  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonPitbull

I feel happy that you did it.
Keep in mind about backing up phone files and always remember about the security of trying new GSI ROMs.
Maybe now you can install android R (11) by erfanoabdi?!
Generic-AB-11-20200618-ErfanGSI.img-2335.7z

I am going to wait a bit on installing an 11 GSI. I have a pixel 2xl and am beta testing it now. Still a bit buggy but cool
ty again!
This phone will have life even tho Umidigi says no it won't lol

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

OK so Havoc OS android 10 GSI:
amazing.
Fixes all issues that we dealt with using the stock rom.
Bluetooth range is improved.
Cam is better.
Volume and sound issues are gone.
NOTE: turn down animations to .5 or less in dev options. IT was .5 on our stock rom default so yeah...I guess the gpu is a bit wonky.

Question: updates? are there security updates built in via fota? or do we just flash the new version when they release em?
The Following User Says Thank You to nobreak1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobreak1970 Ad-Free
4th July 2020, 04:06 AM |#100  

More
ok so the audio issues still exist. hmm and the headphone jack doesn't work.
4th July 2020, 05:18 AM |#101  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
GSI
[QUOTE=nobreak1970;82967869]can you provide some screenshots of the gsi installed?
[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry, I don't. I reverted because I wasn't able to get root on any of them. Havoc OS is good, but really laggy on my phone. Possibly some settings could better that. I use tasker for a variety of tasks, so root is really important to me.
If you install and successfully get root, please let me know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 10, root, umidigi power 3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)