UMIDIGI Power 3 - Android 10

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By smvsmv, Member on 2nd February 2020, 03:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th March 2020, 05:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
When I boot into fastboot none of the commands are recognized. I'm using platform-tools_r29.0.6-windows.zip for adb and fastboot. When I boot into fastbootd, fastboot devices works, but none of the other commands. Has anyone succesfully rooted their Power 3? If so how did you do it?
23rd March 2020, 02:46 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Rooting Power 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty562

When I boot into fastboot none of the commands are recognized. I'm using platform-tools_r29.0.6-windows.zip for adb and fastboot. When I boot into fastbootd, fastboot devices works, but none of the other commands. Has anyone succesfully rooted their Power 3? If so how did you do it?

Try the process here.. it worked for me
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...gi-f2-t4030407
The Following User Says Thank You to smvsmv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smvsmv Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 08:32 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The issue is that once I get to step 7 (reboot into bootloader) it goes to the black screen with FASTBOOT mode... in lower left with the usb noise chiming every 10 seconds or so like it's cycling so fastboot never detects the device.

Edit:
Got past the issue. I opened up device manager and android was there looking for drivers. I had it do a search automatically for drivers and that ended up working and fixed fastboot.

Edit 2:
Next issue is I get a bootloop after flashing the patched boot img.

Edit 3:
I must have done something wrong in steps 6-8 because I redid them and now it works!
26th March 2020, 01:29 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smvsmv

I just got a UMIDIGI Power 3 and have been trying to root it using the Magisk Boot.img patching method. This ends up in a boot loop for me. Flashing the original Boot.img back allows the phone to boot properly.

Anyone have ideas on other safe methods to root? My bootloader is unlocked, but I don't think we have a custom anything for this phone.

Update: I found that the F2 rooting process works on Power 3 as well
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...gi-f2-t4030407

If someone can make a youtube video will be a lifesaver. The bluetooth is really unstable on this phone and the audio issues don't help it.
26th March 2020, 04:03 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello!
I solved the sound problem by disconnecting Ok Google. But I can't find the notification led. Locked screen notifications don't work for me either.
Please help.
Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 10, root, umidigi power 3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)