By smvsmv, Member on 2nd February 2020, 03:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2020, 01:24 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Not sure about g-cam.

but just read some posts, they said good working fix for sound issue, is to just change the launcher. So can you test this. Try nova or apex, and something from playstore and see if this is true.

This might tie into the ok google work around. Since stock launcher forces google search bar on home screen

Actually I turned it all back on and the sound problem hasn't come back in a couple days; even using Google Assistant won't make it bug out for me now.
12th May 2020, 09:44 PM |#52  

More
Anyone have a good build environment willing to try to build Derpfest! ROM? https://derpfest.org/
Looks great! I've build roms for older MTK devices, usually BLU phones. But I've not the time to do it now, nor do I have a decent setup to try it.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Fun Fact: Open developer options: find "override force dark" and turn it on. Blammo, ALL apps will use dark mode when you turn it on, even the dialer!
The Following User Says Thank You to nobreak1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobreak1970 Ad-Free
13th May 2020, 05:27 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 1,280

More
Well I cancelled my order of power 3.
13th May 2020, 07:13 PM |#54  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Well I cancelled my order of power 3.

Ok have a good one.
15th May 2020, 09:12 PM |#55  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
@nobreak1970
How hard is it and what kind of environment do you need? I am a technical guy, but never done anything with ROM development. Willing to give it a shot if it is not a steep learning curve.
16th May 2020, 03:28 PM |#56  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smvsmv

@nobreak1970
How hard is it and what kind of environment do you need? I am a technical guy, but never done anything with ROM development. Willing to give it a shot if it is not a steep learning curve.

Just really need a decent laptop and time. I don't have either
There are a lot of sites out there, mainly overseas for doing stuff with MTK devices.
I ported a working cm13 to an old BLU phone a few years back. Just takes time and patience. Lot's of files to replace and you have to know the MTK flash tool. Forgot it's name. Gathering driver files for all the sensors, etc. Opening base roms and replacing files, flash to test, wipe, do it all over again. Now I know nothing about GSI stuff. So that'll just take research.
The main thing is getting this device into a state where flashing a rom won't brick it. I don't know anything about the current Mediatek security loaders, etc. Unlocking the bootloader is easy peasy, don't even need root for this type of stuff really. I want to wait for the next official update from Umidigi, supposedly coming the end of May. IF we can flash GSI's onto this phone, we don't need to worry about rom updates from Umidigi in the future, ie Android 11, etc. There's no required file manipulation on our part to get a project treble GSI to work for us. the PHH GSI's are legit. Phil doing great work. We don't even NEED a TWRP to flash gsi's either since this phone is responsive to fastboot commands I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobreak1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobreak1970 Ad-Free
17th May 2020, 02:53 PM |#57  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
@nobreak1970
yeah, did some research and it seems to be quite cumbersome. Would've tried it if it was a bit easier. I'm actually surprised that it takes so much effort. Maybe it will be easier if UMIDIGI just gave us the code (not sure if Mediatek will allow) for Power 3 and we can just build it from there.
I tried to install a GSI and didn't get too far. Was able to start flashing using fastboot, but I got stuck somewhere saying that a system partition was not found.
21st May 2020, 04:41 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Did anyone face issue related to microphone? Mine stopped working suddenly after month of use. I tried to flash it many times but same issue. Also my fingerprint option get lost from the phone after flashing.
22nd May 2020, 08:55 PM |#59  

More
My phone had sound/mic issues but they seem fixed for no reason. what I did was disable assistant (JUST assistant "hey google" function) for a week. after about a week the issue with the bad speaker quality popped back up randomly, probably after a phone call or something. So I turned it ALL BACK ON, tried hey google...and haven't had the issue since. SO yeah..mystery fix.

PS: I just got a Pixel so Im moving on from this phone. Gonna use it as a backup battery. Peace guys.
2nd June 2020, 11:04 PM |#60  

More
well I missed this big phone....so decided to try to activate my fi account on it. Works. I'll switch between my Pixel 2XL and this when I'm in the mood
Yesterday, 09:15 PM |#61  

More
Welp someone on the official Umidigi forums posted a supposedly working TWRP for our device. PM me for the link. I don't know if I am allowed to link it here.
I don't have time right now to try it, but if someone wants to do it? It requires SPFT and a scatter file which is provided.
Not for the newbie flasher.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

If we can successfully do the basics on this phone eventually leading to a successful GSI flash....the world is ours. We'll be onto android 11 when it's ready and won't have to worry about umidigi updating ever again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 10, root, umidigi power 3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)