FORUMS

Breaking Barriers of Online Shopping with HUAWEI MeeTime Calling

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Leaf_Leaf, Member on 20th June 2020, 11:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
"See this coat? ""Which one?
"But look at those negative reviews." "Let me see... Where is it?"
"Wait, don't buy it now! Get the coupon first!" "I can't see it. Where do I get it?"
"The red one's better." "Which red one? Red 2901? Red 2902? Rose 5411? Or..."

Sound familiar? This is what happens every time my girlfriend asks me to help her choose clothes online. I get nervous because I just can't keep up with her! Her eyes hit 200 rpm as she collects every last bit of information about each dress, and her keyword capture rate is probably about 93.6%: she's become a shopping bot.

As a mere mortal, there's no way I'm going to be able to keep up with her. She even has a lot of other crazy ideas about how to optimize our shopping experience:

She wants to voice chat because I type too slowly.
She doesn't want to hold her phone to her ear the whole time.
She wants to be able to share her phone screen in real-time.
She wants to be able to doodle and make annotations on the screen, so I don't overlook the important stuff…

Part of me wants to say “forget it, you can go shopping, but leave me out of it…”
But… part of me is curious, too. What if there was some kind of technology which could do all of this? I could finally keep up with her!

So I did some research, and… Yes, it is possible! As long as you're both using Huawei phones.

In some shopping apps on a Huawei phone, you'll see a small button on the product page.

With this button, you can activate a HUAWEI MeeTime call. Touch it, and a list appears showing all the contacts you can connect with.

Select a contact (for example, your girlfriend), and a message will appear, asking if you want to share your screen. The other party will also see a similar message on their phone.

Once you're connected, a floating status bar will appear on the screen. Your contact will be able to see your screen, or you can ask them to share their screen.

Now, if you're like me and you always get confused about the colors and versions your girlfriend is talking about, you can stop worrying! Just touch the brush button on the status bar, and the screen magically transforms into a drawing board, so you can leave annotations and doodles, and no-one will miss any vital information!

This feature is really cool, and can help solve a lot of problems when you're shopping online – it's not just for shopping! So if you have a Huawei phone, it's worth giving it a go!
Also, as this is a system-level feature, it's smoother than most third-party apps with similar functions. And it's more secure and reliable too!

Huawei calls this capability HUAWEI CaaS Kit. It realizes system-level audio and video calling among Huawei phones, apps, and partner devices. So, if you're thinking "I wish this function could be used in situations other than shopping", it definitely can! CaaS Kit Lite is now open to developers, so any app which have audio and video calls can integrate CaaS Kit Lite and make system-level calls. If you're interested, you can find more on the Huawei Developer website:

https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/caas-kit

Okay, that's all I have time for. My girlfriend wants to share screens again…
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
meetime, shopping

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)