FORUMS

Build an App with HMS and Win $1,000,000!

1,031 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,109

By XDARoni, XDA Community Manager on 25th June 2020, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

The Huawei HMS App Innovation Contest aims to inspire global developers to leverage HMS Core to create innovative apps, bringing smart life services to Huawei device users in 170+ countries and regions.
Huawei has set aside US$1 million from the Shining Star Program as prize money for the contest. US$200,000 will be allocated for the following award winners in each region:

See the Official Contest Page to join.

Qualifying regions:
  • Europe
  • Asia Pacific
  • Middle East & Africa
  • Latin America
  • China

1. Sign-up:
Registration & submission: Deadline, August 30, 2020.
(1) Sign in to HUAWEI Developers with a valid HUAWEI ID (register for a HUAWEI ID if you do not have one, and complete identity verification) and click Sign up. If you are a team leader, click New team and enter the team information. If you are a team member, click Join us and enter the name of the team you wish to join.
(2) Create your work and integrate HMS Core. For details about HMS Core, please refer to Huawei's development technologies and resources.
(3) Click Submit work on the contest details page, enter the app name, ID, and description, and upload the APK and app introduction document.

2. Preliminary:
The judging panel will review the submitted works and select 20 works from each region for the public review and final stages, by September 20, 2020.

3. Public review:
From September 21 to October 4, 2020, shortlisted works will be exhibited for global promotion, on both the contest official website as well as HUAWEI AppGallery. A work’s public rating score is based on its popularity (the number of downloads and votes received).

4. Final:
Each region will hold a separate final in October. The judging panel will rank the 20 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula, in which the final and public rating scores are added.

Submission Schedule:
Registration & submission
June 30 – August 30 (UTC+8)

Preliminary
August 31 – September 20 (UTC+8)

Public review
September 21 – October 4 (UTC+8)

Finals for each region
October (UTC+8)

Find out more about this contest here.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDARoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDARoni Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 04:03 AM |#2  
Official Huawei Rep
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Are there any rules to judge the works in the contest?
For example, if I want to develop an app, which aspect should I consider?
1st July 2020, 02:27 AM |#3  
Official Huawei Rep
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wo

Are there any rules to judge the works in the contest?
For example, if I want to develop an app, which aspect should I consider?

For more information, you can visit HUAWEI Developer Forum. Believe you can get a quick answer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)