FORUMS

Huawei y7p carrier aggregation ( 4g+ )

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By lakhssas, Member on 20th June 2020, 04:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2020, 02:08 PM |#11  
OP Member
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Huawei forum answer me .. the phone not support carrier aggregation .. is this CA merge inside the cpu modem or need extra IC on motherboard to work like wifi ic ... GSMARENA was put fake specs if this phone not support carrier aggregation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200627_130121_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	5048927  
2nd July 2020, 10:02 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
They just guessing because there is no public specs about carrier aggregation. That is big problem. That is reason why i have build cacombos.com where i list devices support Carrier Aggregation.
The Following User Says Thank You to olkitu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift olkitu Ad-Free
3rd July 2020, 02:51 PM |#13  
OP Member
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olkitu

They just guessing because there is no public specs about carrier aggregation. That is big problem. That is reason why i have build cacombos.com where i list devices support Carrier Aggregation.

What you think from your experience .. support or not ?
3rd July 2020, 02:52 PM |#14  
OP Member
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
is this CA merge inside the cpu modem or need extra IC on motherboard to work like wifi ic ?
3rd July 2020, 07:19 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhssas

What you think from your experience .. support or not ?

My experience low cost Huawei and other Chinese devices (example Xiaomi, Realme) support only Carrier Aggregation Combinations used in China and Contiguous Intra-band CA. But please wait - i will test soon this device when i get so i will update then details.

Example CA i think this support is 1C, 3C, 7C, 38C; 40C, 41C and then 1+3.
4th July 2020, 01:00 AM |#16  
OP Member
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olkitu

My experience low cost Huawei and other Chinese devices (example Xiaomi, Realme) support only Carrier Aggregation Combinations used in China and Contiguous Intra-band CA. But please wait - i will test soon this device when i get so i will update then details.

Example CA i think this support is 1C, 3C, 7C, 38C; 40C, 41C and then 1+3.

Ok thanks man ... if you need some test or logs just reply this this post =)

is this 3C mean 1800+1800 ... this combination was working here in samsung & redmi note 8
4th July 2020, 09:17 AM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhssas

Ok thanks man ... if you need some test or logs just reply this this post =)

is this 3C mean 1800+1800 ... this combination was working here in samsung & redmi note 8

Yes 3C mean 1800+1800 contiguous intra-band carrier aggregation and yes Redmi Note 8 support that: https://cacombos.com/device?model=M1908C3JG
The Following User Says Thank You to olkitu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift olkitu Ad-Free
4th July 2020, 06:46 PM |#18  
OP Member
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olkitu

Yes 3C mean 1800+1800 contiguous intra-band carrier aggregation and yes Redmi Note 8 support that: https://cacombos.com/device?model=M1908C3JG

About redmi note 8 ... gsmarena shows support 4CA .. and the qualcomm Cpu support only 3CA ... Your site shows 2CA intra band ... Whats correct ?
4th July 2020, 07:23 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhssas

About redmi note 8 ... gsmarena shows support 4CA .. and the qualcomm Cpu support only 3CA ... Your site shows 2CA intra band ... Whats correct ?

I don't know why it says 4CA in Gsmarea... there is too much wrong details about CA... Yes Qualcomm modem support that but Xiaomi seems haven't implement 3CA feature - i just guess more combinations -> more expensive. It's very common Redmi series support only 2CA because in China CA is much used.

My site data is based of modem logs - if you like you can confirm it in UE Capability Information message. Here is instruction how you could get it from modem: https://mt-tech.fi/en/how-to-get-4g-...es_before_2020
5th July 2020, 09:16 AM |#20  
Senior Member
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhssas

Ok thanks man ... if you need some test or logs just reply this this post =)

is this 3C mean 1800+1800 ... this combination was working here in samsung & redmi note 8

Sorry i have to update i will not get this device. And there is no easy method get log from Kirin. I'm very sorry but i can't get you much for this.
Yesterday, 01:57 PM |#21  
OP Member
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olkitu

Sorry i have to update i will not get this device. And there is no easy method get log from Kirin. I'm very sorry but i can't get you much for this.

No problem at all ... thanks for yr time
huawei no root no bootloader unlock no gapps no custom roms ... time to back to samsung again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes