FORUMS

Why Can't I Use Multi-screen Collaboration?

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Leaf_Leaf, Member on 9th June 2020, 04:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Recently, some users have said that they are unable to use Multi-screen Collaboration after installing certain applications on their laptop. Whenever this occurs, a dialog box pops up indicating that the hardware decoder is faulty, and that Multi-screen Collaboration does not work. Even restarting the laptop multiple times does not resolve the issue.
What went wrong?

First, let's take a look at the two main causes of this issue.
The first is the launching of certain third-party applications using the administrator permission, which causes the dynamic-link library (DLL) name of the operating system under the path (C:\windows\system32) to be modified, which can affect the running of Multi-screen Collaboration, and the system's video player.
The second involves the potentially faulty source mirror, after installing Windows system on your own, on a Linux system laptop.

How can this issue be resolved?

To use Multi-screen Collaboration, simply perform the following steps:
1. Set the preferred graphics processor to auto-select in the NVIDIA control panel.

2. If you are still unable to use Multi-screen Collaboration.

Check whether you have modified "msmpeg2vdec.dll" and "msmpeg2adec.dll" to "msmpeg2vdec.dll.bak" and "msmpeg2adec.dll.bak" under the path "C:\windows\system32".

3. If yes, delete the suffix bak.

Press the Win key and enter "CMD" in the search box on the taskbar, and right-click Command Prompt and select to run it as the administrator.

Enter the following commands:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2vdec.dll

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2adec.dll

regsvr32C:\Windows\System32\evr.dll

4. If you still cannot resolve this issue, check whether this issue happens due to the second cause. It is recommended that you download the official source mirror from MSDN, and confirm that you can use this feature. Alternatively, display CMD and enter "winver" in the search box to check your system version. If your system version is lower than 1903, update your Windows system. If this issue is still unresolved, re-install the system.

I hope that you found this helpful. If you're still having difficulty using Multi-screen Collaboration, feel free to contact me!
More questions to ask? you will definately get some help here
12th June 2020, 01:47 PM |#2  
Official Huawei Rep
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Can you describe your problem in detail?
15th June 2020, 03:04 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemind R

Can you describe your problem in detail?

So I've encountered the situation (and heard people saying as well) that the multi-screen collaboration does not work well after installing certain applications: a dialog box might pop up indicating that the hardware decoder is faulty, and that Multi-screen Collaboration does not work. Even restarting the laptop multiple times does not resolve the issue.

My post here is meant to provide a possible solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)