* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, nuclear disasters
* Please do some research before using this mod!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
* If you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
An ad blocker that uses the hosts file. The hosts file contains a list of mappings between hostnames and IP addresses. When an app requests an ad, that request is directed to 127.0.0.1 which does nothing. There are options to run a web server to respond to blocked hostnames and to direct requests to the IP address of your choosing. You can download hosts files from the app but it is possible to use your own and to add certain sites to the white- and black-lists.
- No background processes
- Using less space than app (file size: ~7kb)
- Busybox v1.24.1(Recommended stericsons busybox HERE)
- Minimal ~5MB free space on system partition for hosts file
How to use
1. Download adblocker.pdf from Android File Host
2. Remove .pdf extension
3. Copy adblocker file to /system/bin
4. Set permissions to 755
5. Open terminal and type
PAYPAL users can donate me using this link
If you have issues, download paypal app from playstore, that will work
For US users:
"I could not use your paypal donation link or url as you already know as it's not possible to send a donation from USA. I logged into my paypal account and used the option to pay for goods or services to send you the funds."
Thanks a lot, guys
AdBlocker, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/Paget96/AdBlocker
Current Stable Version: v1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-01-01
Last Updated 2016-01-01