Thanks Meter: 1,460

By hackslash, Recognized Contributor on 15th July 2017, 07:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2018, 11:22 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 1,629

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackslash

I honestly can't help with Antivirus Engines flagging the app as malware. I could possibly rewrite the download routine but that would be overkill for what the app at its current state tries to achieve.
I have open sourced the code for this very reason. I could only advise you to add the program to your exceptions list and then run it. In reality, there's nothing wrong with the app itself, it's just the anti malware engines that detect it as a false positive.

Would encrypting the EXE into a ZIP file be enough to download the file, and bypass the AV engines? You'd always have the password in the OP....

19th July 2018, 08:44 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androcraze

Would encrypting the EXE into a ZIP file be enough to download the file, and bypass the AV engines? You'd always have the password in the OP....

Nope. McAfee triggered on execute, not download.

Also, since I tried on my laptop from work, policies do not allow me to add exceptions
23rd July 2018, 10:54 AM |#43  
Flag San Francisco, California USA
Thanks Meter: 276

More
I used the 1.1-stable installer and it detects my existing 1.0.32 installation and says continue which I did except it seems like 1.0.32 is still installed in c:\adb and I can't find the 1.0.40 on my system. This is what it says when I ran it the 2nd and even a 3rd time. Nevermind, I had to rename the C:\adb directory before it works, somehow the script is not deleting the existing installation at c:\adb in my case. I actually hoped the installer allowed one to specify the path to install it which would be c:\adb in my case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-23_2-53-16.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	4556166  
The Following User Says Thank You to Almighty1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Almighty1 Ad-Free
23rd July 2018, 02:22 PM |#44  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Islamabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1

I used the 1.1-stable installer and it detects my existing 1.0.32 installation and says continue which I did except it seems like 1.0.32 is still installed in c:\adb and I can't find the 1.0.40 on my system. This is what it says when I ran it the 2nd and even a 3rd time. Nevermind, I had to rename the C:\adb directory before it works, somehow the script is not deleting the existing installation at c:\adb in my case. I actually hoped the installer allowed one to specify the path to install it which would be c:\adb in my case.

Thanks for the report.
I'll look into why the installer wasn't able to delete your existing adb installation in C:\adb. In your case however, it seems that the fastboot was updated but adb wasn't (maybe ADB was running in background and in this case it's the installer's bug and I'll update the installer to kill adb instances before it deletes).
The program installs the tools in C:\Program Files\hcx-af. I wanted to keep the root drive clear so that directory seems the most obvious choice (thanks to one user who pointed it out). However, you can run adb from anywhere and so the choice of where it should be installed is a bit redundant but I'll surely add it if users demands so.
The Following User Says Thank You to hackslash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackslash Ad-Free
29th July 2018, 06:37 PM |#45  
Flag Islamabad

Donate to Me
More
New minor release 1.2-stable

New Features
  • Added ability to install Huawei USB drivers
Improvements
  • Slimmed the installer size to 146 kB
  • Kill adb before installation to avoid previous version to not delete

Download Link: https://github.com/hackslashX/ADB-Fa.../releases/v1.2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hackslash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackslash Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 10:49 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sadly 26 engines still assume it's trojan/spyware. I've disabled my AV, but Chrome itself blocks the file, then I had to use Internet Explorer, then I had to disabled Smart glass. Now I can install it! It won't help adding a password, because it gets deleted on download or at launch.
4th September 2018, 10:14 AM |#47  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,064

Donate to Me
More
doesn't seem to be working for me as well. when i run it gain it shows that 1.40 version is already installed but when i try to use adb or fastboot commands says that not recognized
11th October 2018, 03:12 PM |#48  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackslash

New minor release 1.2-stable

New Features

• Added ability to install Huawei USB drivers
Improvements
  • Slimmed the installer size to 146 kB
  • Kill adb before installation to avoid previous version to not delete

Download Link: https://github.com/hackslashX/ADB-Fa.../releases/v1.2

Working flawlessy here, thanks a lot my friend
14th August 2019, 06:38 AM |#49  
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 85

More
@hackslash you still on this project bro?
16th August 2019, 04:51 PM |#50  
Flag Islamabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemathic

@hackslash you still on this project bro?

Yeah. Just nothing planned to add right now. Have a request or something?
The Following User Says Thank You to hackslash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackslash Ad-Free
17th August 2019, 07:01 AM |#51  
Flag Islamabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapiljhajhria

doesn't seem to be working for me as well. when i run it gain it shows that 1.40 version is already installed but when i try to use adb or fastboot commands says that not recognized

Sorry for the late reply. On newer Windows versions, environment refreshes only for elevated CMD. If you run CMD or Powershell as administrator, you'll be able to use ADB and fastboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)