[STABLE] ADB and Fastboot Installer for Windows - Small size and extremely fast

Search This thread

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I honestly can't help with Antivirus Engines flagging the app as malware. I could possibly rewrite the download routine but that would be overkill for what the app at its current state tries to achieve.
I have open sourced the code for this very reason. I could only advise you to add the program to your exceptions list and then run it. In reality, there's nothing wrong with the app itself, it's just the anti malware engines that detect it as a false positive.

Would encrypting the EXE into a ZIP file be enough to download the file, and bypass the AV engines? You'd always have the password in the OP....

Almighty1

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco, California USA
bit.ly
I used the 1.1-stable installer and it detects my existing 1.0.32 installation and says continue which I did except it seems like 1.0.32 is still installed in c:\adb and I can't find the 1.0.40 on my system. This is what it says when I ran it the 2nd and even a 3rd time. Nevermind, I had to rename the C:\adb directory before it works, somehow the script is not deleting the existing installation at c:\adb in my case. I actually hoped the installer allowed one to specify the path to install it which would be c:\adb in my case.

Attachments

• 2018-07-23_2-53-16.jpg
    2018-07-23_2-53-16.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reactions: hackslash

hackslash

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
Redmi K20 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
I used the 1.1-stable installer and it detects my existing 1.0.32 installation and says continue which I did except it seems like 1.0.32 is still installed in c:\adb and I can't find the 1.0.40 on my system. This is what it says when I ran it the 2nd and even a 3rd time. Nevermind, I had to rename the C:\adb directory before it works, somehow the script is not deleting the existing installation at c:\adb in my case. I actually hoped the installer allowed one to specify the path to install it which would be c:\adb in my case.

Thanks for the report.
I'll look into why the installer wasn't able to delete your existing adb installation in C:\adb. In your case however, it seems that the fastboot was updated but adb wasn't (maybe ADB was running in background and in this case it's the installer's bug and I'll update the installer to kill adb instances before it deletes).
The program installs the tools in C:\Program Files\hcx-af. I wanted to keep the root drive clear so that directory seems the most obvious choice (thanks to one user who pointed it out). However, you can run adb from anywhere and so the choice of where it should be installed is a bit redundant but I'll surely add it if users demands so.

Reactions: Almighty1

skip84

Nov 29, 2015
Sadly 26 engines still assume it's trojan/spyware. I've disabled my AV, but Chrome itself blocks the file, then I had to use Internet Explorer, then I had to disabled Smart glass. Now I can install it! It won't help adding a password, because it gets deleted on download or at launch.

Kapiljhajhria

May 3, 2011
gurgaon
doesn't seem to be working for me as well. when i run it gain it shows that 1.40 version is already installed but when i try to use adb or fastboot commands says that not recognized

hackslash

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
Redmi K20 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
doesn't seem to be working for me as well. when i run it gain it shows that 1.40 version is already installed but when i try to use adb or fastboot commands says that not recognized

Sorry for the late reply. On newer Windows versions, environment refreshes only for elevated CMD. If you run CMD or Powershell as administrator, you'll be able to use ADB and fastboot.

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
@hackslash

What do you think about this? my computer sees my phone.. but it can't send over the boot.img 🤔 i cant get it to work with minimal or Google's fastboot...

thanks for your help :)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices
ZY224WWHKT fastboot

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-payton.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.003s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-payton.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.005s"

Attachments

• 20210801_114455.jpg
    20210801_114455.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Zvezdui

Jun 10, 2021
@spiral777 What phone are you using ? If it is somewhat old it may simply not support the fastboot "boot" command. The boot command is a (not so) recent addition (e.g., my Honor 6 from 2014 doesn't support it).

Tip: if the fastboot's FAILED message starts with "remote: " it indicates that the following error message comes directly from the device and not from the fastboot client on your PC.

If you think your device should support the "boot" command, the format of the command may have changed in newer fastboot clients, try with an older version of the fastboot client.

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
@spiral777 What phone are you using ? If it is somewhat old it may simply not support the fastboot "boot" command. The boot command is a (not so) recent addition (e.g., my Honor 6 from 2014 doesn't support it).

Tip: if the fastboot's FAILED message starts with "remote: " it indicates that the following error message comes directly from the device and not from the fastboot client on your PC.

If you think your device should support the "boot" command, the format of the command may have changed in newer fastboot clients, try with an older version of the fastboot client.
Thnx for the reply :) yeah I'm using USB 3.x+ ports and the phone I was having trouble with was a Moto X4 (2017)

But your right fastboot boot works with my newer pixel and Moto g fast :)

jdom1984

May 13, 2016
The really small and blazing fast ADB and Fastboot installer for Windows

img.png

Apart from many other installers widely available on XDA, they all had two things missing; ability to fetch latest version automatically and be really small in size. Well, I have loads of free time so I started working on this small nifty installer for ADB and Fastboot for Windows. What sets it apart from the all other installers?

** FEATURES **
  • Installer entirely coded in C++ and uses default Win32 APIs
  • Compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows later than Windows XP
  • Really small size (146 kB installer + 1 MB adb / fastboot zip)
  • Latest version of ADB downloaded automatically from Github Repository and installed system-wide
  • Seamless install of ADB/Fastboot drivers (Google only for now)
  • Fully Open Source

** REQUIREMENTS **
  • Microsoft Windows Vista or later
  • Active Internet connection
  • Administrative privileges

** DOWNLOADS **
installer-version-1.2-stable: https://github.com/hackslashX/ADB-F...ster/versions/adb_fastboot_installer-1.2s.exe (146 kB size; adb package will be downloaded separately)

** SOURCE CODE **
For all my Open Source software fans: https://github.com/hackslashX/ADB-Fastboot-Installer-for-Windows/tree/master/source
hi my browser warns that this has a virus in it? Is there a work around as others have said its not actually my anti virus blocking it but my browser, so I have to use Edge and deactivate Smart Glass or something?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts