FORUMS

[APP][4.0+][MOD][TWEAKs]Fly-On Mod App 2.0 Alpha2/FTS, Reborn/Materialized/30/11/15

3,387 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,150

Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
For more info check the main Fly-On Mod thread : here

Index :
-Post 1 : Introduction.
-Post 2 : Download links.
-Post 3 : Changelog.
-Post 4 : Technical info and explications about Tweaking Android.

Introduction :

Hello guys,
After more than two years of the launch of Fly-On Mod, and the very good feedback it received, I decided me and my friend @thetechnologician
to work on a Fly-On app.
The aim is to provide a simplified access to the Mod, while freeing the users from the hassle that comes with installing the Mod.
And so with a simple on the fly switch, you can enable Fly-On tweaks but with an enhanced sense of control as you can enable and disable every single script and part of the mod as you like.
It doesn't come without mentioning that my friend @thetechnologician was the one who worked on the app, while im concentrating on the Fly-On Mod core.

Features

- The ability to control every part of the Mod.
- Simplified access for new users/not willing to flash the Mod through the recovery.
- Booster Mode for better performance and battery life.
- Full memory management/Better multitasking.
- Linux kernel tweaks and improvements for better performance and battery life.
- Less lags for gamers.
- Entropy generator engine used to reduce lags.
- Zipalign apps in "/system" and apps in "/data" every 24 hours which result in less RAM usage.
- Better thermal management and less overheating.
- Sqlite optimizations and faster database access.
- Increased SD Card read-ahead cache to 2048 KB for faster SD card read and write.
- Build.prop tweaks and improvements.
- Cleans log files and tombstones at every boot.
- Many other tweaks for better performance and battery life!

Requirements :

- Android 4.0.x or higher.
- Root.
- At least 10MB of free space at /system .

FAQ : (coming soon)

Credits:

-Thanks to Chainfire for the Superuser Lib.
-Thanks to Jack Palevich for the built-in terminal emulator.

If you liked our App, please rate this thread to 5 stars and press the Thanks button !
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to slaid480 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slaid480 Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 03:33 PM |#2  
Flag Meknes
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
Try the latest F.O.M. App here :

Fly-On Mod App 2.0 Alpha 2
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to thetechnologician For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thetechnologician Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 03:34 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Meknes-Rabat

Donate to Me
More
Post Changelog
Fly-On Mod App Alpha 1 : (08/03/2015)
-Initital release
-Supporting 7 scripts from Fly-On

Fly-On Mod App Alpha 2 : (08/07/2015)
-Sqlite optimizer script support
-Toast memory leak fix
-Init.d permissions fix
-fstrim binary support

Fly-On Mod App Alpha 3 : (08/11/2015)
-Removed the "Extract files button" (Process now happens automatically)
-Added full Init.d support
-Added Dns caching script support
-Added Logging engine support
-Changed the Apply changes button from soft reboot to reboot to accomodate loggin engine's dependencies
-Minor other design changes

Fly-On Mod App Alpha 4 : (08/17/2015)
-Added full busybox support and removed its button
-Added internal support for Jack Palevich's terminal emulator for entropy execution
-Removed the "Uninstaller" button (Process now happens automatically)
-Entropy engine support
-Full fly engine support, chopped to 5 different switches, therefore allowing full control over the engine

Fly-On Mod App Beta 1 : (08/21/2015)
-Reworked splash screen with better task management
-Fly-On Mod files updated to match Alpha 8
-Few design changes (Fly-On Engine collapse menu)
-Added OpenVPN Support
-Added tune2fs support

Fly-On Mod App Beta 2 : (08/24/2015)
-tune2fs becomes Ext4 tweaks, restricting the use to only the supported devices
-Added Vm tweaks to the Fly Engine
-Added Entropy monitor bar
-Added Android M support for the Sqlite optimize script

Fly-On Mod App Beta 3 : (08/28/2015)
-Logging dialogs : You can finally view the logs in-app (make sure you reboot after modifying your toggles, otherwise the logs will be empty)
-Expended compatibility by removing the EXT4 mounting restriction The app is fully universal now
-Fixed Entropy toggle bug
-Fully monitered and controlled Entropy engine without requiring the terminal emulator ( you can uninstall the terminal now)
-RAM management defragmentation into 3 scripts
-Tweaks sorted by type

Fly-On Mod App Beta 4 : (09/06/2015)
-Icon overhaul
-Added Booster Mode : Different modes that adapt your phone's performance/battery life ratio to your needs
-Added LMK profiles : New RAM Management profiles that optimizes your phone's multitasking abilities depending on your usage.
-Added description to toggles
-Minor bug fixes

Fly-On Mod App Beta 5 : (09/12/2015)
-Logs bug fixed
-Adblocker bug fixed
-Fixed Xperia Dual Recovery Bug
- Many minor miscellaneous bugs fixed
-Booster Mode fix
-Lmk Profiles fix

Fly-On Mod App Beta 6 : (09/20/2015)
-Fixed Entropy Engine and Ext4 Tweaks Toggles Bug
-Added "Enable All" toggle
-Added a Dark Theme
-Updated Booster Mode to v1.3
-Added Butter Mod : For a smoother User Experience
-Added I/O Scheduler tweaks

Fly-On Mod App 2.0 Alpha1 : (09/29/2015)
-Refreshed materiel design UI !
-Rebuilt from scratch for optimization purposes.

Fly-On Mod App 2.0 Alpha2 : (30/11/2015)
Major bugfix update :
-Fixed root issues related to fragments.
-Fixed force closes related to swiping between fragments.
-Fixed slowdown issues related to the home fragment.
-Root optimisations.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to slaid480 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slaid480 Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 03:36 PM |#4  
Flag Meknes

Donate to Me
More
Use:

The Fly-On Mod App serves as a Graphical Interface to the now-famous Fly-On Mod script, which means that you no longer need to flash the latter through recovery since it will evantually be included in every new App release . However, as of the Alpha releases, only select scripts are supported. We now support all of the Fly-On Mod scripts.

How to:
EDIT: The app no longer needs any installable requisites : Just install the apk, toggle the wanted tweaks and click the "apply changes" button. Let the phone reboot and enjoy

Useful Info About Tweaks:

-Fly engine :

As of Beta2: Fly engine comes in 6 different scripts, every script is packed with some useful tweaks aimed to provide a lagfree experience while being battery friendly.
and thus Fly engine's tweaking target is your android's phone core(system+linux kernel), and here are some detailed info :

-Network tweaks : Used to improve overall network speed, by tweaking ipv4, netcore and TCP settings.
-Build.prop tweaks : as you all know the build.prop file is your android handset’s ‘ID card’, thus it controls many of your Android system's settings, tweaking those settings would greatly improve responsiveness as well as battery life.
-Disable sleepers : Disabling I/O scheduler sleepers would improve I/O smoothness.
-Sysctl tweaks : system control tweaks are used to tune virtual machine settings according to your device's RAM amount. Used with the Ram manager, the combo provides a lagfree experience.
-Kernel tweaks : as the name states.
-VM tweaks : more virtual machine tweaks( VM heap size tweak for now).

-I/O tweaks :

-R/W Turbo : Read/Write turbo script increases your SDcard's read-ahead speed, and contains some useful I/O tweaks.
-EXT4 tweak (For devices with EXT4 File system only) : Disables journalism which would improve File system performance.

Ram manager :

-LMK : The Low Memory Killer is a constant debate between more free RAM and more multitasking capabilities as free RAM is actually wasted RAM.
The Low Memory Killer is actually a feature in the Android OS used to improve memory management.
This is an important feature due to the perennial problem of having low free memory causing lagginess and slowness in launching apps. When you have free memory lingering around the number of 40MB or less, the Android OS just lags like hell.
What this would mean is, you would want to tweak the LMK to not have the situation of it having less than 100MB.
The modern Linux machine in the Android ecosystem relies on a mechanism called Low Memory Killer (LMK) to consistently free up RAM. This is due to Android's internal mechanism of caching apps (and never fully exiting them) when you press the back button. This is to enable faster app switching and provide a seamless experience for apps usage model. Android also, by itself will also constantly look for often used apps to cache them for faster app opening. This will happen even before your system fully boots.

Now, when you mention LMK, the most obvious thoughts that come up are minfrees and Out Of Memory (OOM) groupings. Yes, those two are integral parts when it comes to LMK. The issue here is that no one actually mentioned that there are two LMK systems in Android, that being:
+ Linux LMK
+ Android Dalvik VM LMK

-ZRAM : is a Linux kernel feature that provides a form of virtual memory compression. zram increases performance by avoiding paging to disk and using a compressed block device in RAM.

-KSM : Kernel same-page merging lets the system share identical memory pages amongst different processes. The result is obviously an improved multitasking experience.

-Killer : that's a script used to kill media seerver and google play services when battery draining wakelocks occur to improve battery life.

-Cleaner : Cleans /system and /data partitions by deleting many unuseful logs.

-Governor tweaks : Tunes your CPU's governor settings to provide a smoother, yet battery friendly experiece.

-Fstrim : Some Android users suffer from poor performance after some days/weeks of heavy usage. This is due to a well-known TRIM bug affecting these devices, so this lagfixer script is used to fix such a bug.

-Zipalign : is a tweak used to optimize Android application (.apk) files. The purpose is to ensure that all uncompressed data starts with a particular alignment relative to the start of the file. Specifically, it causes all uncompressed data within the .apk, such as images or raw files, to be aligned on 4-byte boundaries. This allows all portions to be accessed directly with mmap() even if they contain binary data with alignment restrictions. The benefit is a reduction in the amount of RAM consumed when running the application.

-SQlite optimizer : Vacuum and Reindex tweaks are used to optimize database of all apps in /data and /system, to achieve better performance.(expect longer boot time when this tweak is enabled)

-DNS caching : There are thousands of DNS servers on the internet, and your smartphone will be querying a lot of them. They start to "talk" to eachother to see if any server has information on the domain you are trying to access. Assuming the site has never been queried before, your request will eventually reach one of the nameservers (the primary source of the information), and the domain will be 'resolved', the IP identified, and your device now knows where the server is and can initiate communication; what about if your device already knows that server, it'll initiate communciation immediatly reducing the lag, that's what DNS caching is all about.

-Entropy engine : This engine can reduce lag by keeping a section of the Android file system (/dev/random) full of random bits so that the system does not have to wait for the file system to generate them.

OpenVPN : https://openvpn.net/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thetechnologician For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thetechnologician Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 03:36 PM |#5  
Flag Meknes-Rabat

Donate to Me
More

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to slaid480 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slaid480 Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 05:56 PM |#7  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Launcher restart every time....
29th September 2015, 06:30 PM |#8  
Flag Meknes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_greg2001

Launcher restart every time....

Can you explain a little more?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetechnologician For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thetechnologician Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 09:01 PM |#9  
Flag Paris

More
I'm on KK with my old sgs i9000 and with this mod Novalauncher restart all time.
But with your mod beta 6 it works fine.
29th September 2015, 11:34 PM |#10  
Flag Meknes-Rabat

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_greg2001

I'm on KK with my old sgs i9000 and with this mod Novalauncher restart all time.
But with your mod beta 6 it works fine.

Would you please specify which tweaks are enabled ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
30th September 2015, 09:02 AM |#11  
Flag Paris

More
All tweaks without openVPN... Maybe I must uninstall beta6 before?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)