Win an Honor 7X!

Delete

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 179

By Adithya FRK, Senior Member on 29th May 2017, 09:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Deleted
Attached Files
File Type: zip BlueBlood.zip - [Click for QR Code] (430 Bytes, 834 views)
File Type: zip BlueBlood_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (334 Bytes, 218 views)
File Type: zip BlueBlood_v2.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (351 Bytes, 372 views)
File Type: zip BlueBlood_v2.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (371 Bytes, 228 views)
File Type: zip BlueBlood_v2.2-FIXED.zip - [Click for QR Code] (382 Bytes, 1954 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Adithya FRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adithya FRK Ad-Free

29th May 2017, 09:09 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adoor, Kerala

More
So I've been browsing for the past 2 hours on wifi and these are my stats.
Battery: 2200 mAh
SoC: Extremely Power Hungry MT6591
Brightness: Adequate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-29-13-55-21.png
Views:	3696
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	4164925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-29-13-56-02.png
Views:	3664
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	4164926  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adithya FRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adithya FRK Ad-Free
29th May 2017, 02:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adoor, Kerala

More
Now at 35%, the phone was being used pretty much constantly (chrome, a movie in mx player, imgur, 2 hours on whatsapp, light CoC)
Here are the results.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-29-17-42-14.png
Views:	2522
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	4165070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-29-17-42-24.png
Views:	2522
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	4165071  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adithya FRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adithya FRK Ad-Free
29th May 2017, 03:36 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adoor, Kerala

More
19%. And this is the max I could manage. Going to plugin now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-29-19-05-38.png
Views:	2228
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	4165150  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adithya FRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adithya FRK Ad-Free
29th May 2017, 07:10 PM |#5  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Testing out now...Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adithya FRK

Blue Blood Modified Battery Profile (SOT) for L Speed + GovTuner

NOTE: This profile and the configurations for GovTuner is entirely based upon the need for more SOT or 'screen-on-time'. Performance improvements are not the 'primary' objective, but there are some.

Name: Sorry but I couldn't make up a better one. LOL.

This profile will try its best to give you a better screen on time taking into consideration there will be some decrease in performance (some visible, some not).

Installation Instructions

Part 1 - L Speed

1. Download the .zip file attached.
2. Open it with any file manager/archiver and you should see the profile file.
3. Goto your SD Card -> LSpeedBackup (create folder if it doesn't exist) and paste the file inside the .zip there.
4. Open L Speed -> Backup -> Restore: Blue Blood.

L Speed's done.

Part 2 - GovTuner

1. Visit GovTuner​'s XDA thread and download the latest zip file.
2. Flash the zip file and install 'Terminal Emulator' from playstore.
3. Open 'Terminal Emulator', and type 'su' and enter. Grant the SuperSU request and you will now be in a root shell.
4. Now type 'govtuner' and enter.
5. Choose battery profile by typing '1' and touching enter.
6. After activating battery profile, enter 'i' and enter '2' as the value.
7. Now you can press the 'X' on the top right hand corner to close the window.

GovTuner is now all setup.

You are pretty much ready now. Enjoy your extra SOT!!

I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND USING AppOpsXposed, Greenify, Amplify and Powernap with this to get rid of the idle drain because in the end that too translate to a better SOT. (The below results are obtained with the help of those applications too)

My phone which is an extremely battery hungry thing needs to be charged atleast 3 times a day to last from morning to night. With this I've managed to get away with just 1 charge for 14 hours (4-4.5 hours of SOT vs 1-2 hours).

Please do reply back with your experiences. I'm waiting for some happy faces.

Also criticisms.

Credits: Debuffer (GovTuner), Paget96 (L Speed)

Any alternatives to AppOpsXposed, Amplify and Powernap that don't require Xposed?? Already use Greenify and Servicely.
30th May 2017, 07:49 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adoor, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeraspie28

Testing out now...Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Any alternatives to AppOpsXposed, Amplify and Powernap that don't require Xposed?? Already use Greenify and Servicely.

You can use AppOps from play store which doesn't need xposed. Alternatives to Powernap? Naptime works. Amplify doesn't have an alternative to my knowledge sorry
30th May 2017, 01:37 PM |#7  
Delhi
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey, thanks for sharing this! Much needed​ for my phone htc desire 816 (a5dwg) running lineage 7.1.1 and at any rom, it is hungry. I mean literally I've purchased a new original 2600mAh battery for this reason. Still the problem persists. Today only, I've charged the phone to full and kept it on airplane and silent (took the phone to school ), and found that after 3 hours, battery is 20-25% reduced. I'm a little noob that's why I'm asking you that "what are the steps that should be followed / apps to be installed to maintain the battery like yours
Thanks in advance 🙂
30th May 2017, 02:32 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adoor, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhjot0020

Hey, thanks for sharing this! Much needed​ for my phone htc desire 816 (a5dwg) running lineage 7.1.1 and at any rom, it is hungry. I mean literally I've purchased a new original 2600mAh battery for this reason. Still the problem persists. Today only, I've charged the phone to full and kept it on airplane and silent (took the phone to school ), and found that after 3 hours, battery is 20-25% reduced. I'm a little noob that's why I'm asking you that "what are the steps that should be followed / apps to be installed to maintain the battery like yours
Thanks in advance 🙂

Glad I can help. Something is keeping your phone awake all that time that its's not going to deep sleep. That's mostly Google to blame but let's start with the basics

Before that don't call yourself a noob. You got a custom ROM running, most people I know can't even do that.

To fix Idle Drain

First find if you have Idle drain.

Install Better Battery Stats and open it, grant root etc. Now plug the phone to the charger and hit refresh. Now unplug the charger, turn the screen off for a minute or so.
Now turn it on, you should see the device state. If it says Deep Sleep 0%, then the below things can help you.

Disable background Wi-Fi scanning.

Your phone scans for WiFi even when you turn it off. The steps below are based on my Lollipop 5.1, but I believe it's the same on 7.1 too.

Goto Settings -> Wifi -> The three buttons on the top right -> Advanced
There disable 'Network Notifications', 'Scanning Always Available' and 'Keep Wifi awake during sleep'.

Greenify

You must already be using this.
As a rule of thumb, greenify any app which requires an internet connection, those keep waking the system over and over again. Just make sure you don't add any core system apps.

If you have Facebook's app installed, remove it. It's the biggest battery hogging app ever happened (i don't agree that's made) in human history. Use it in chrome. Or any wrapper apps from Play store: Metal, Friendly are a few options.

If you have xposed installed,

Powernap

Set it to endurance mode and that's all. Whitelist amplify, greenify and lspeed. You can whitelist more apps later if you feel the need.

Amplify

This is a must in reducing wakelocks. Unfortunately I can't write the whole procedure here because it's been done before. Check this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-life-t3095884

Still, every phone is unique. After following that thread, IF your device still isn't sleeping (after trying the below too), try blocking more wakelocks. Do a search if you are not sure of a particular wakelock. It will take some time, but it will be worth it.

AppOpsXposed

You can disable some of Google's data collection and analytics whatever stuff using this. Follow this nice thread. It helps massively.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...-life-t3516705

If you have managed to get that deep sleep in BetterBatteryStats almost 90% of the time the screen was off, then congratulations you have fixed your Idle drain.

Reply back with your experiences.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adithya FRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adithya FRK Ad-Free
30th May 2017, 07:23 PM |#9  
Delhi

More
Quote:

Glad I can help. Something is keeping your phone awake all that time that its's not going to deep sleep. That's mostly Google to blame but let's start with the basics

Before that don't call yourself a noob. You got a custom ROM running, most people I know can't even do that.

To fix Idle Drain

Install Better Battery Stats and open it, grant root etc. Now plug the phone to the charger and hit refresh. Now unplug the charger, turn the screen off for a minute or so.
Now turn it on, you should see the device state. If it says Deep Sleep 0%, then the below things can help you.

Your phone scans for WiFi even when you turn it off. The steps below are based on my Lollipop 5.1, but I believe it's the same on 7.1 too.

There disable 'Network Notifications', 'Scanning Always Available' and 'Keep Wifi awake during sleep'.

Greenify

As a rule of thumb, greenify any app which requires an internet connection, those keep waking the system over and over again. Just make sure you don't add any core system apps.

If you have Facebook's app installed, remove it. It's the biggest battery hogging app ever happened (i don't agree that's made) in human history. Use it in chrome. Or any wrapper apps from Play store: Metal, Friendly are a few options.

Powernap

Set it to endurance mode and that's all. You can whitelist apps later if you feel the need.

Amplify

This is a must in reducing wakelocks. Unfortunately I can't write the whole procedure here because it's been done before. Check this.

Still, every phone is unique. After following that thread, IF your device still isn't sleeping (after trying the below too), try blocking more wakelocks. Do a search if you are not sure of a particular wakelock. It will take some time, but it will be worth it.

AppOpsXposed

You can disable some of Google's data collection and analytics whatever stuff using this. Follow this nice thread. It helps massively.

If you have managed to get that deep sleep in BetterBatteryStats almost 90% of the time the screen was off, then congratulations you have fixed your Idle drain.

Thankyou so much, will try this surely 😊
31st May 2017, 03:12 PM |#10  
Delhi

More
Quote:

To fix Idle Drain

Greenify

Powernap

Set it to endurance mode and that's all. You can whitelist apps later if you feel the need.

Amplify

AppOpsXposed

I've installed "L Speed" and greenify from play store
& I've shred my stats. Pls look and suggest improvements
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20170531-184037.png
Views:	1000
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	4166950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170531-183911.png
Views:	1002
Size:	82.9 KB