FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[All Devices] Xiaomi Firmware Updater V5 [Auto updated daily!]

2,677 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,012

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from yshalsager: Firmware files are auto updated daily! Check download links always :D
29th January 2018, 05:17 PM |#11  
Flag geek's
Thanks Meter: 152

More
sadly, no Redmi 2/prime support?? 😭

29th January 2018, 06:26 PM |#12  
Flag Salvador
Thanks Meter: 98

More
I dont understand... Cant we already download the zip updates through MIUI official site?
29th January 2018, 09:21 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurorual

I dont understand... Cant we already download the zip updates through MIUI official site?

At MIUI official site, you can get just the complete stock ROM.
At this thread, you can download only the firmware part of the stock ROM. It's very useful, if you want to use the newest firmware and a custom ROM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kisenberg Ad-Free
29th January 2018, 09:23 PM |#14  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 289

More
I downloaded the 25/1/18 global developer firmware for my Redmi Note 4X and Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition. TWRP reported that the Redmi Note 4X firmware was corrupt and wouldn't flash, and the firmware for the Redmi Note 3 Pro SE has bricked the device. I can't access recovery...only fastboot, which means I can't flash alternate firmware or access my TWRP backups. Perhaps you should test your firmware more. I think I'll stick to the firmware I get from other threads.
29th January 2018, 09:42 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xehed

sadly, no Redmi 2/prime support??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-extrem

Plz include Cancro also.

I can't add devices that out of miui weekly update
If your device is updated to miui 9 let me know and I'll add it to stable devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpino

I downloaded the 25/1/18 global developer firmware for my Redmi Note 4X and Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition. TWRP reported that the Redmi Note 4X firmware was corrupt and wouldn't flash, and the firmware for the Redmi Note 3 Pro SE has bricked the device. I can't access recovery...only fastboot, which means I can't flash alternate firmware or access my TWRP backups. Perhaps you should test your firmware more. I think I'll stick to the firmware I get from other threads.

I do checked my script, there's no any chance to brick unless you flashed wrong device firmware!
29th January 2018, 09:50 PM |#16  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo

Donate to Me
More
Featured on XDA Portal!
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaom...ool-miui-roms/
29th January 2018, 09:51 PM |#17  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yshalsager

I do checked my script, there's no any chance to brick unless you flashed wrong device firmware!

This is the version that bricked my Kate. Is it the correct firmware for the device? https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939815150

I just downloaded the Note4X firmware again, and it still says it's corrupted. I got it from https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939815149.
29th January 2018, 10:05 PM |#18  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpino

This is the version that bricked my Kate. Is it the correct firmware for the device? https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939815150
Your bootloader in unlocked unofficially?!

I just downloaded the Note4X firmware again, and it still says it's corrupted. I got it from https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939815149.

Please use basketbuild "main downloads"
Is twrp you use official or not?
29th January 2018, 10:08 PM |#19  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yshalsager

Please use basketbuild "main downloads"
Is twrp you use official or not?

Are you saying the firmware on basketbuild is different to AndroidFileHost?

Yes, I'm using the latest official TWRP 3.2.1 on both devices.
29th January 2018, 11:51 PM |#20  
Flag Bandar Lampung
Thanks Meter: 130

More
great tool buddy, but there's some little problem...

can you change this line :
package_extract_file("firmware-update/splash.img", "/firmware/image/splash.img");

to :
package_extract_file("firmware-update/splash.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash");

otherwise it will not installed..., on this line (from untouched updater-script) :

unmount("/firmware");
mount("vfat", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash", "/firmware");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/splash.img", "/firmware/image/splash.img");
unmount("/firmware");

twrp will not install the splash and just skip it and report an error on twrp log, i think only stock miui recovery can handle this command, so i guess you should change the command with the actual node or path.
30th January 2018, 01:53 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I don't understand what is it.how can i use this.please somebody explain.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware updater, xiaomi, xiaomi firmware, xiaomi firmware updater, xiaomi-firmware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)