FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[All Devices] Xiaomi Firmware Updater V5 [Auto updated daily!]

2,776 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,187

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from yshalsager: Firmware files are auto updated daily! Check download links always :D
21st April 2019, 06:14 AM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Redmi Note 7 global version (lavender) (48mp camera) --> is there truly no global release firmware ? since the phone is sold worldwide

25th April 2019, 11:35 AM |#532  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,169

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryslin111

Redmi Note 7 global version (lavender) (48mp camera) --> is there truly no global release firmware ? since the phone is sold worldwide

If you are talking about the firmwares, then you probably haven't checked project's website for lavender downloads. This is clearly stated on the thread though.

If you are talking about ROMs, then again you probably didn't check MIUI downloads on project's website.
26th April 2019, 02:16 AM |#533  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkantkz

If you are talking about the firmwares, then you probably haven't checked project's website for lavender downloads. This is clearly stated on the thread though.

If you are talking about ROMs, then again you probably didn't check MIUI downloads on project's website.

this is interesting, I kept checking the weekly global firmware downloads for lavender -> there is none
did not check the stable global firmware page, where there is a release
26th April 2019, 09:21 AM |#534  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,169

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryslin111

this is interesting, I kept checking the weekly global firmware downloads for lavender -> there is none
did not check the stable global firmware page, where there is a release

Well, there is no weekly build(s) available yet. If you don't see it here, then there is no any build.
29th April 2019, 02:49 PM |#535  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo

Donate to Me
More
MIUI 10 9.4.25 Global/China Beta ROM Firmware

Downloads:
Firmware without ARB

For whyred, nitrogen, sakura and wayne
OSDN:Donation & Support:
A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open source, that cost money, time and many efforts. XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using one of the following methods: Paypal - Pateron
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yshalsager For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2019, 03:11 PM |#536  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Sorry I didn't notice this earlier and reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yshalsager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tya99

I bought my Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred) back in July 2018.

I updated it to 9.5.17.0.OEIMIFA_20180629.0000.00_8.1_global_e909d 3d1af. I didn't see any point in updating it past that:

1. Is there any reason anymore to stay on ARB 3? (I never planned to use MIUI anyway let alone use some ancient version of it. I decided to hold off on updating when it was first announced to see how things panned out. I am thinking of trying out LineageOS 16 builds [ROM] [9.0.0_r21] [Unofficial] LineageOS 16.0 [Whyred] [02-January-2019]. Being on ARB 4 wouldn't cause me any issues that I can see.)
  2. Is there a changelog of what Xiaomi has fixed/changed in future firmware versions?
  3. Does this change the [ro.vendor.build.security_patch]? It would seem from the security bulletin https://source.android.com/security/...019-02-01.html that [ro.build.version.security_patch] is changed by the actual rom.

1- No, you can update fw, and it's recommended.
2- I'll work on this soon, there's no official way, but it's possible by comparing.
3- No.

Would I be correct in assuming that the ro.build.version.security_patch is tied to the build of Android and the [ro.vendor.build.security_patch] is firmware? If updating the firmware with this firmware updater isn't sufficient in raising the ro.vendor.build.security_patch, then would the only way to be flash a modern version of MIUI from their download page before using the ROM of my choice.

I made this assumption because

[ro.build.version.security_patch]: [2018-11-05] - approximate last LineageOS release
[ro.vendor.build.security_patch]: [2018-05-01] - approximately the last time I had MIUI on my phone.
2nd May 2019, 01:15 PM |#537  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier and reply.

Would I be correct in assuming that the ro.build.version.security_patch is tied to the build of Android and the [ro.vendor.build.security_patch] is firmware? If updating the firmware with this firmware updater isn't sufficient in raising the ro.vendor.build.security_patch, then would the only way to be flash a modern version of MIUI from their download page before using the ROM of my choice.

I made this assumption because

[ro.build.version.security_patch]: [2018-11-05] - approximate last LineageOS release
[ro.vendor.build.security_patch]: [2018-05-01] - approximately the last time I had MIUI on my phone.

You're correct about ro.build.version.security_patch] is ROM's security patch.
But updating firmware using my ZIP files won't affect it in any way.
However, ro.build.version.security_patch] is Vendor's security patch.
If you have a device that uses MIUI vendor in custom ROMs, you need to flash updated vendor to get it updated.
2nd May 2019, 05:41 PM |#538  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yshalsager

You're correct about ro.build.version.security_patch] is ROM's security patch.
But updating firmware using my ZIP files won't affect it in any way.
However, ro.build.version.security_patch] is Vendor's security patch.
If you have a device that uses MIUI vendor in custom ROMs, you need to flash updated vendor to get it updated.

Yes that makes sense. When I first got the phone I updated MIUI to V9.5.17.0.OEIMIFA which was the latest ARB 3 ROM. That was around June 2018.

At the time I was cautious about updating to ARB 4 (ie anything past MIUI V9.5.17). At this point though there's not really any reason to stay on ARB3.

Code:
whyred:/ $ df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                 2.7G  708K  2.7G   1% /dev
/dev/block/mmcblk0p61 2.8G  1.0G  1.8G  37% /system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p62 1.9G  678M  1.2G  36% /vendor
tmpfs                 2.7G     0  2.7G   0% /mnt
/dev/block/mmcblk0p63 806M  527M  263M  67% /cust
/dev/block/mmcblk0p56 192M  105M   87M  55% /firmware
/dev/block/mmcblk0p38  64M  480K   63M   1% /bt_firmware
/dev/block/mmcblk0p48  12M  7.3M  4.1M  64% /dsp
/dev/block/mmcblk0p60 248M  184K  243M   1% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p53  27M  632K   26M   3% /persist
/dev/block/dm-0        50G   44G  6.1G  88% /data
/data/media            50G   44G  6.1G  88% /storage/emulated
There does seem to be a vendor partition, so I guess your thing only updates /dev/block/mmcblk0p56 aka /firmware. This page describes the partitions.

Even though I use LineageOS, I guess every now and again I should flash MIUI back onto the device to make sure that other things get updated such as /vendor or unless there's a better way?
3rd May 2019, 10:38 AM |#539  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes that makes sense. When I first got the phone I updated MIUI to V9.5.17.0.OEIMIFA which was the latest ARB 3 ROM. That was around June 2018.

At the time I was cautious about updating to ARB 4 (ie anything past MIUI V9.5.17). At this point though there's not really any reason to stay on ARB3.

Code:
whyred:/ $ df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                 2.7G  708K  2.7G   1% /dev
/dev/block/mmcblk0p61 2.8G  1.0G  1.8G  37% /system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p62 1.9G  678M  1.2G  36% /vendor
tmpfs                 2.7G     0  2.7G   0% /mnt
/dev/block/mmcblk0p63 806M  527M  263M  67% /cust
/dev/block/mmcblk0p56 192M  105M   87M  55% /firmware
/dev/block/mmcblk0p38  64M  480K   63M   1% /bt_firmware
/dev/block/mmcblk0p48  12M  7.3M  4.1M  64% /dsp
/dev/block/mmcblk0p60 248M  184K  243M   1% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p53  27M  632K   26M   3% /persist
/dev/block/dm-0        50G   44G  6.1G  88% /data
/data/media            50G   44G  6.1G  88% /storage/emulated
There does seem to be a vendor partition, so I guess your thing only updates /dev/block/mmcblk0p56 aka /firmware. This page describes the partitions.

Even though I use LineageOS, I guess every now and again I should flash MIUI back onto the device to make sure that other things get updated such as /vendor or unless there's a better way?

My project updates more than just one partition.
If fact, you don't need to worry about /vendor updates. Because for most devices custom roms, blobs are being used from miui.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yshalsager For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2019, 03:19 PM |#540  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well i got few questions.
1. What is firmware and is it necessary?
2. How do i install it if i have to?

Sorry I'm totally new to these kind of stuffs.
8th May 2019, 07:07 PM |#541  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodax

Well i got few questions.
1. What is firmware and is it necessary?
2. How do i install it if i have to?

Sorry I'm totally new to these kind of stuffs.

Here's some advice: the first few posts of thread (called OP or opening post) often provide informations about important things. It's a good habit to read it first... Your questions are already explained there...
The Following User Says Thank You to eliezerjk90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eliezerjk90 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware updater, xiaomi, xiaomi firmware, xiaomi firmware updater, xiaomi-firmware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)