FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion][Guide][Root] Alcatel one touch 4037A/N/One Touch Evolve 2

3,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,344

By kirito9, Recognized Contributor on 14th January 2015, 09:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
[GUIDE] How to flash CWM or TWRP recovery and root your device!

Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void. You do this in your own risk. I do not take any responsibility to your device.

Credits: This root method was found from a facebook group that uses this phone, i am just posting it here. Give thanks to Eduardo Perez!

I ported TWRP recovery for this device and Eduardo did the CWM recovery. Also thank rua1 from XDA for his MTK droid tools. Koush for his driver installer.

USERS OF 4037N/T or any other model that is from T-Mobile, DO NOT TRY ANY OF THE RECOVERIES HERE. NOR TRY TO MOD IT IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
See post #68 for more info

Notice for T-Mobile owners (4037N)(MetroPCS) Users!!

Requirements:
1. A windows PC
2. Universal ADB driver
3. ROOT ALCATEL 4037N 4.4.2 zip file

Instructions:
1. Download the ROOT ALCATEL 4037N 4.4.2 zip file here and extract it anywhere on your desktop.
2. Go inside the extracted folder and extract iRoot zip file and install iRoot. Disable any antivirus you may have or User Account Control(UAC).
3. After installing iRoot, go to your phone and enable USB debugging. Look up how to enable it on google if you don't know how to.
4. Run iRoot as administrator and then connect your phone.
5. Wait until it detects it and then press the root button and your phone will be rooted.

If you want to see a video of the rooting check here

BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING IN THE EVENT SOMETHING GOES WRONG. BACKUP TUT HERE

Requirements:
1. A windows PC
2. SP flash tools
3. CWM or TWRP recovery
4. Universal ADB driver
5. MTK preloader driver

VIDEO TUT By nashj1975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWALNB9M-Q

[GUIDE] FLASH CWM/TWRP

1. Download the attached files below and extract them anywhere on your computer, then download the FLASHTOOLS and SP FLASHTOOL folder here and extract them.
2. Go to this link to get the drivers specifically for your phone. Install the program after the download is complete.
3. Go to the FLASHTOOLS folder and extract Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader drivers and then go to auto install and install the drivers. This is for the preloader drivers which will be used later.
4. Install ADB driver by going to the Flash Tool folder and then adb folder, then locate the adb file and run it as administrator. Go to settings, then development if you don't see development go in about and click on the build number 7 times to enable development mode. Enable USB debugging.
5. Open the SP flash tools folder and run flashtool.exe as administrator.
6. If anything pops up just ignore it and click ok.
7. Go to option then connection and make sure auto detect is selected.
8. Go to scatter loading and click it, locate the scatter file from the extracted folder and open it.
9. When it opens click on the recovery option and click the check box.
10. Decide which recovery you want and rename it to recovery.img.
11. Click on the location in the same recovery option and choose your recovery.img
12. Turn off your phone and take out the battery.
13. Click on Download and then connect the phone to the PC.
14. If you did everything i said above, it will flash your chosen recovery.img and you will have a custom recovery.

[GUIDE] ROOT/Superuser

1. Reinsert the battery and turn on the phone.
2. Go to the alcatel 4037 folder that you extracted.
2.Place the root_grouper-tilapia_4.4_update.zip and superuser.zip on your sdcard or internal storage. ( If these root files don't work, just download the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip and flash that.)
3. Turn off the phone and boot it into recovery mode.
4. Navigate using the volume keys for CWM recovery or just use touch for TWRP. Use the power button to select.
5.Select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the zip files that you sent.
6. Flash the root_grouper-tilapia_4.4_update.zip first then flash the superuser.zip
7. Reboot your phone and there you go. Root Access

OR

ROOT YOUR PHONE USING THE 360 ROOT Chinese apk attached below.
Copy the 360ROOT.apk to your sdcard either internal or external.
Install it and then follow the screenshots below to see how to root.

Yeah i know it says 4032A but it was just to show you how to use it.

After clicking on root your phone will be rooted. P.S You need an internet connection for the root apk to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cwmrecovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.25 MB, 7780 views)
File Type: zip twrprecovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.91 MB, 7660 views)
File Type: zip Alcatel 4037.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.09 MB, 8616 views)
File Type: txt MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt - [Click for QR Code] (559 Bytes, 7940 views)
File Type: apk 360??ROOT_1.8_15.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.23 MB, 3152 views)
File Type: zip UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.83 MB, 3930 views)
File Type: img CTRrecovery.img - [Click for QR Code] (5.31 MB, 1554 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free

14th January 2015, 09:18 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
How to unroot
This is a guide for unrooting your device. Download universal unroot from the play store, or look for an apk file.
Install it and bam you're unrooted.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
14th January 2015, 09:28 PM |#3  

More
How to make a backup of your device
There are many ways to back up your phone. Some are better than some but you can decide which you want to use.

1. Using recovery . Boot into recovery mode and select backup.
2. Using Mtk droid tools. Connect your device to the PC with usb debugging enabled. Run mtk droid tools as administrator and wait for it to load. Click on the root,backup and recovery tab. Select backup.
3. Using SP flash tool. This is recommended for those who don't yet have root on their device. There is an original post for this method from rua1 here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
14th January 2015, 09:39 PM |#4  

More
How to unbrick your device
Unbricking can be done using the One touch upgrade tool from the alcatel website http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/globa...l#.VLbhTiwYGzU

1. Download the Mobile Upgrade S 4.2.7 upgrade tool and install it
2. Turn off your device and take out the battery.
3. Reinsert the battery and open the tool.
4. Select your device from the drop down menu 4037 and follow the instructions from the tool.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 07:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I am trying to root the fierce 2 but it doesnt seem to flash the twrp recovery even though I am sure I did everything right! Nothing happens at the last step where you said to take out the battery then click download and connect the phone to the PC. Nothing happens the phone just shows the Actel logo and then vibrates and turns of then back on over and over. Any ideas?

Note I did not do step 5
17th January 2015, 09:44 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSamuraiX

I am trying to root the fierce 2 but it doesnt seem to flash the twrp recovery even though I am sure I did everything right! Nothing happens at the last step where you said to take out the battery then click download and connect the phone to the PC. Nothing happens the phone just shows the Actel logo and then vibrates and turns of then back on over and over. Any ideas?

Note I did not do step 5

Use my unbricking method to restore your device, and i don't think Step 5 should be a problem.
17th January 2015, 09:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Phones not in boot loop it works fine. Just nothing happens when I click download and connect the phone without the battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostSamuraiX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GhostSamuraiX Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 12:05 AM |#8  

More
check your pm
5th February 2015, 07:03 PM |#9  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 14

More
sweet my buddys been missing having root since he upgraded from the evolve, even better that there is a custom recovery.

whats the facebook group page cant seem to find it.
6th February 2015, 08:16 PM |#10  

More
https://www.facebook.com/groups/556165774484796/ this is the link to the group on facebook...note the facebook group is in spanish tho so if you want you can use google chrome and let automatic translation do the work for you
The Following User Says Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 07:18 AM |#11  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi..thanks for ur guide...
I'm succesful root my 4035x

Sent from my 4035X using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428128265123.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	3244079   Click image for larger version

Name:	1428128302934.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	3244080  
The Following User Says Thank You to xmanner77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xmanner77 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel 4037, one touch fierce 2, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)