Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void. You do this in your own risk. I do not take any responsibility to your device.
Credits: This root method was found from a facebook group that uses this phone, i am just posting it here. Give thanks to Eduardo Perez!
I ported TWRP recovery for this device and Eduardo did the CWM recovery. Also thank rua1 from XDA for his MTK droid tools. Koush for his driver installer.
USERS OF 4037N/T or any other model that is from T-Mobile, DO NOT TRY ANY OF THE RECOVERIES HERE. NOR TRY TO MOD IT IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
See post #68 for more info
Notice for T-Mobile owners (4037N)(MetroPCS) Users!!
1. A windows PC
2. Universal ADB driver
3. ROOT ALCATEL 4037N 4.4.2 zip file
1. Download the ROOT ALCATEL 4037N 4.4.2 zip file here and extract it anywhere on your desktop.
2. Go inside the extracted folder and extract iRoot zip file and install iRoot. Disable any antivirus you may have or User Account Control(UAC).
3. After installing iRoot, go to your phone and enable USB debugging. Look up how to enable it on google if you don't know how to.
4. Run iRoot as administrator and then connect your phone.
5. Wait until it detects it and then press the root button and your phone will be rooted.
If you want to see a video of the rooting check here
BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING IN THE EVENT SOMETHING GOES WRONG. BACKUP TUT HERE
1. A windows PC
2. SP flash tools
3. CWM or TWRP recovery
4. Universal ADB driver
5. MTK preloader driver
VIDEO TUT By nashj1975
[GUIDE] FLASH CWM/TWRP
2. Go to this link to get the drivers specifically for your phone. Install the program after the download is complete.
3. Go to the FLASHTOOLS folder and extract Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader drivers and then go to auto install and install the drivers. This is for the preloader drivers which will be used later.
4. Install ADB driver by going to the Flash Tool folder and then adb folder, then locate the adb file and run it as administrator. Go to settings, then development if you don't see development go in about and click on the build number 7 times to enable development mode. Enable USB debugging.
5. Open the SP flash tools folder and run flashtool.exe as administrator.
6. If anything pops up just ignore it and click ok.
7. Go to option then connection and make sure auto detect is selected.
8. Go to scatter loading and click it, locate the scatter file from the extracted folder and open it.
9. When it opens click on the recovery option and click the check box.
10. Decide which recovery you want and rename it to recovery.img.
11. Click on the location in the same recovery option and choose your recovery.img
12. Turn off your phone and take out the battery.
13. Click on Download and then connect the phone to the PC.
14. If you did everything i said above, it will flash your chosen recovery.img and you will have a custom recovery.
2. Go to the alcatel 4037 folder that you extracted.
2.Place the root_grouper-tilapia_4.4_update.zip and superuser.zip on your sdcard or internal storage. ( If these root files don't work, just download the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip and flash that.)
3. Turn off the phone and boot it into recovery mode.
4. Navigate using the volume keys for CWM recovery or just use touch for TWRP. Use the power button to select.
5.Select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the zip files that you sent.
6. Flash the root_grouper-tilapia_4.4_update.zip first then flash the superuser.zip
7. Reboot your phone and there you go. Root Access
Copy the 360ROOT.apk to your sdcard either internal or external.
Install it and then follow the screenshots below to see how to root.
Yeah i know it says 4032A but it was just to show you how to use it.
After clicking on root your phone will be rooted. P.S You need an internet connection for the root apk to work.