FORUMS

EFIDroid

1,259 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,163

By m11kkaa, Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor on 25th August 2016, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2016, 02:57 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashjirapure

That's super prompt reply

I won N4 but unfortunately I am not dev.
But has some understanding so If you could share porting procedures I may give a try... & if that didn't work... Surely will ask some N4 dev to help to port.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

well if there aren't any problems then even your grandma should be able to port it :P
https://github.com/efidroid/projectm...g-a-new-device

if there are, just come visit on slack and I'll help you out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m11kkaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2016, 04:11 PM |#22  
NanJing
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Cool I was thinking of booting the darwin with it
Maybe its possible for future great developers to boot the clover and run ios on it。Or maybe arm osx in rumor ,
11th November 2016, 04:16 PM |#23  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickliu2000

Cool I was thinking of booting the darwin with it
Maybe its possible for future great developers to boot the clover and run ios on it。Or maybe arm osx in rumor ,

afaik - unlike OSX - iOS doesn't use EFI. and even if it would, this doesn't automatically give you the possibility to boot it on any device. (U)EFI is just for booting the OS, how many drivers are implemented using stuff like ACPI and how much needs full kernel drivers is up to the OS designer.

And looking at how many driver kernel modules both OSX and Linux need in UEFI boot mode I'd say UEFI does almost nothing.
12th November 2016, 05:18 PM |#24  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m11kkaa

afaik - unlike OSX - iOS doesn't use EFI. and even if it would, this doesn't automatically give you the possibility to boot it on any device. (U)EFI is just for booting the OS, how many drivers are implemented using stuff like ACPI and how much needs full kernel drivers is up to the OS designer.

And looking at how many driver kernel modules both OSX and Linux need in UEFI boot mode I'd say UEFI does almost nothing.

Hey, I compiled nouefi lk for Xperia z3 Compact.
I tried to boot it with "fastboot boot lk.img", The device returned status that image was flashed propely, LED light remained blue as if device was still in fastboot mode, but I couldn't communicate with device. ( fastboot devices didn't show any devices connected) Xperia Z3 Compact has the same CPU as 1+1 (msm8974AC) What could be wrong?
12th November 2016, 06:04 PM |#25  
Flag Warsaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feherneoh

For now EFIDroid only boot on Xperia Z3 Compact if:
1: Flashed to the phone
2: built using a DT with command mode LCD configuration
But lk.img should still boot with fastboot boot, no idea what just happened for you

I synced the repo, added device using my compiled boot img (stock with little mod. - working ), then compiled lk for sony/aries as added and chosed msm8974, Then I did as I said in the last post, LED was still blue, no fastboot communication with device and the finalize_device command also didn't work (like it was waiting for fastboot)
DT command, you mean when I am using dtbtool I have to add command from wiki? Also I used dtbtoolCM for preparing DT.img but it isn't a problem, is it?
12th November 2016, 08:12 PM |#26  
Flag Warsaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feherneoh

I mean that 3.10 kernels have DT with video mode LCD configuration, and that does not work for now
I'll try building with current sources, but it should work just fine (but no LCD on fastboot boot)

NVM I just solved it, The kernel wasn't booting, The dt.img wasn't prepared correctly.
19th November 2016, 08:15 PM |#27  
saint paul, minnesota
Thanks Meter: 20

More
could i get some clues of the principal of operation? will alternate roms run on the sdcard, or slower for other reasons? likely to port successfully to the sgh-t989?
19th November 2016, 08:39 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrwm

could i get some clues of the principal of operation? will alternate roms run on the sdcard, or slower for other reasons? likely to port successfully to the sgh-t989?

rom's can be stored on any filesystem, but usually either internal memory(datamedia) or sdcards are used.
The speed depends on the the speed of the sdcard. If you're using it in adoptable mode it's encrypted which makes it even slower.

the device uses a qcom APQ8060 wich is part of the msm8960 family so it should be pretty easy to port.
The Following User Says Thank You to m11kkaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2016, 06:16 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
@m11kkaa
Kind request if Xiaomi Mi Max Pro - helium , can be added to supported devices ?
Thanks!
25th November 2016, 06:36 PM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0505

@m11kkaa
Kind request if Xiaomi Mi Max Pro - helium , can be added to supported devices ?
Thanks!

if you find sbd. who ports efidroid to this device, ofc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m11kkaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2016, 04:04 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
@Whalerus

Could probably help on this project.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)