FORUMS

EFIDroid

1,259 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,163

By m11kkaa, Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor on 25th August 2016, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2019, 11:54 AM |#381  
Flag Innernetz
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiamuzz

Credit to the people behind this project ... but unfortunately this great project has come to an end ... one of the primary dev's behind this proj just confirmed that its not logical to support this project on Android 9 & 10 ... nevertheless ... a valiant effort !!!

I still wouldn't mind using it on older devices.
11th May 2020, 09:19 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidodroid

I still wouldn't mind using it on older devices.

Yes I agree this needs to LIVE on so older devices Android 4-7 can run newer OS's. I have a few android 4 devices that got left for dead to go to the dump and I refuse to let this happen on this perfectly working tablets/phones.

Your app would allow my x86 android 4-7 device to run a newer OS if only you kept working on it.
23rd June 2020, 12:41 PM |#383  
Flag Telegram
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhits45

Yes I agree this needs to LIVE on so older devices Android 4-7 can run newer OS's. I have a few android 4 devices that got left for dead to go to the dump and I refuse to let this happen on this perfectly working tablets/phones.

Your app would allow my x86 android 4-7 device to run a newer OS if only you kept working on it.

You can try to trebelize your devices. That's not hard to do. I mean, create vendor partition. Many Samsung J (e.g J7 2016)and A were trebelized, also some Leeco (e.g Le Max 2).
Just read the tutorial carefully, analise the given zips and try to adapt the steps to your devices. It's all about gparted and mathematics.
28th June 2020, 01:34 PM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If this project was still alive it could have been used to run windows on arm on every android device. I hope a similar project will come along one day.
29th June 2020, 01:03 PM |#385  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.V.B.

If this project was still alive it could have been used to run windows on arm on every android device. I hope a similar project will come along one day.

Why in the world would anyone want to do that?! 😆
29th June 2020, 08:06 PM |#386  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmabm

Why in the world would anyone want to do that?!

To have full desktop windows with upcoming x86_64bit support and use display over usb. This way you have a portable windows machine which you can put in tablet mode. Check the windows on lumia project for the lumia 950(xl).
30th June 2020, 08:58 AM |#387  
Thanks Meter: 543

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.V.B.

Far from it.You didn't take ACPI and drivers into account.
30th June 2020, 09:25 PM |#388  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsheep

Far from it.You didn't take ACPI and drivers into account.

Oh yeah. But at least the process of doing that would be a lot easier than all the work that is being done to get it on lumia 950(xl), rpi 3, rpi 4. Windows on arm really is a cool thing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)