Since version 0.9.0, I discovered an exploit to root Bluestacks (we can call it a semi-root) which allow you to grant root access without Kingroot and SuperSU, but the /system partition is Write-protected (R/O) and Kingroot wasn't able to root Bluestacks.
You can access /data without any problem. In following releases, the write-protection in /system partition has been removed, which means Bluestacks is pre-rooted (Exploit).
Without Superuser, some apps which requires Root permissions may not work thinking your device is unrooted.
Forget the BS-Multi-Tool and BSeasy, and the modded offline installer which have crappy Galaxy S4 settings app, and bloatwares. Rooting the Bluestacks now takes only 10 seconds to root and it doesn't need any external PC softwares!
If you don't like Kingroot, simply don't root to keep semi-root, or switch to SuperSU.
PLEASE READ!!! DO NOT TRY TO ROOT BLUESTACKS WITH SUPERSU APP. YOU WILL LOSE ROOT PERMISSIONS, INCLUDING LOSS OF SEMI-ROOT EXPLOIT.
Download Bluestacks 2 at: http://www.bluestacks.com/
Don't like Bluestacks 2? Download classic Bluestacks instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...cks_App_Player
LET'S ROOT THE BLUESTACKS!
Youtube video Tutorial about how to Root Bluestacks 2: https://youtu.be/Ltj6wFFQ36k
If you do have normal version of Bluestacks instead, take a look here: https://youtu.be/oanPUahsn9Q
1. Launch Bluestacks
2. Download Kingroot app for Android from here: http://www.kingroot.net/?myLocale=en_US
(NOTE: Some browsers blocks Kingroot from downloading. Add it to the whitelist, to prevent any issues)
3. Double-click on the APK file to install the app into the Bluestacks
4. You'll see the Kingroot app in the app drawer, open it.
5. Tap on "Root status failed" to begin the rooting process
6. Rooting will take 5-10 SECONDS! After rooting, you will see a message like this:
7. That's it. Bluestacks is now rooted.
IMPORTANT. Do not open any app which asks you to restart the device. Pressing restart will UNROOT Bluestacks and the good hidden semi-root exploit will be GONE FOREVER until you reinstall Bluestacks.
8. Test root access on any apps to see if it works.
9. Close the Bluestacks, and reboot your computer to take effect.
Now enjoy your 100% full root access on Bluestacks. You can finally use GameGuardian on Bluestacks to hack any offline games without the use Cheat Engine or similar external softwares!
iAndroHacker (Evildog1) (Created this tutorial)
Sbenny (Tweaked my grammar)