FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Goodbye Ads - Advanced Protection from Ads (Ad Blocking Hosts)

1,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 422

By jerryn70, Senior Member on 9th August 2018, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2019, 12:55 PM |#211  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang Krisna

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...jects-t3881164

I don't see any issues . Everything is fine when I checked .
Which browser you are using to access XDA .
I personally tested your issue using brave browser.

7th May 2019, 02:40 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn70

No difference.

I tried Facebook main App without whitelist and it seems to work properly. It is normal?
(Blokada ad blocker and Huawei P Smart FIG-LX1)
7th May 2019, 03:26 PM |#213  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogxd

I tried Facebook main App without whitelist and it seems to work properly. It is normal?
(Blokada ad blocker and Huawei P Smart FIG-LX1)

Yes, but after using it for a while you will notice some connection problems and broken links.
10th May 2019, 02:48 AM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Jerry I'm using your host file and it's doing wonders but how does your host file compare to Steven black and Moab the mother of all ad blocking

I Willl Scarfice For Those That I Love

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Messenger shared content what to white list

14th May 2019, 01:25 PM |#215  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
I am using Blockada and I still can see the sponsored ads in the Facebook main app. Is there a way to get rid of those, every second post there is a sponsored ad.

As you have mentioned the recommended option is to use open source FB client, could you suggest the best one out there. I searched for it and found quite a lot of options.
14th May 2019, 02:10 PM |#216  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude_Virus

I am using Blockada and I still can see the sponsored ads in the Facebook main app. Is there a way to get rid of those, every second post there is a sponsored ad.

As you have mentioned the recommended option is to use open source FB client, could you suggest the best one out there. I searched for it and found quite a lot of options.

I use Maki.... It takes less then 2 mb of ram....is graph.facebook.com in your black list is blocks the Facebook domains however If you use the messenger app it Willl break your shared content

16th May 2019, 12:07 PM |#217  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

I use Maki.... It takes less then 2 mb of ram....is graph.facebook.com in your black list is blocks the Facebook domains however If you use the messenger app it Willl break your shared content

Let me try that because the facebook ads are not getting blocked at all by this host file. I have checked in the original app, the fb lite app as well as the chrome browser which just opens the mobile version of facebook.

Tired of the sponsored posts that keep coming up after every post.

Only way they truly get blocked is on my computer with adblock extension (so peaceful).

Yes graph.facebook.com is getting blocked as per the notifications. Do you see the sponsored posts in the Maki app?

Update:

Just tried Maki and still see the irritating sponsored posts in that app too. I guess there is just no way to irradiate those sponsored post ads.
16th May 2019, 02:52 PM |#218  

More
Quote:

Let me try that because the facebook ads are not getting blocked at all by this host file. I have checked in the original app, the fb lite app as well as the chrome browser which just opens the mobile version of facebook.

Tired of the sponsored posts that keep coming up after every post.

Only way they truly get blocked is on my computer with adblock extension (so peaceful).

Yes graph.facebook.com is getting blocked as per the notifications. Do you see the sponsored posts in the Maki app?

Update:

Just tried Maki and still see the irritating sponsored posts in that app too. I guess there is just no way to irradiate those sponsored post ads.

Dude you need the paid version of Maki to get rid of sponsored ads

16th May 2019, 05:15 PM |#219  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

Dude you need the paid version of Maki to get rid of sponsored ads

Okay.

Although leaving Maki out, the facebook sponsored ads are not getting blocked by using this host file. Tried all fb apps. Not sure if I am missing anything or doing anything wrong.
Is everyone able to block those sponsored ads in the different facebook apps plus mobile website?
17th May 2019, 09:05 AM |#220  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Okay.

Although leaving Maki out, the facebook sponsored ads are not getting blocked by using this host file. Tried all fb apps. Not sure if I am missing anything or doing anything wrong.
Is everyone able to block those sponsored ads in the different facebook apps plus mobile website?

Try frost for facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryn70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerryn70 Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 11:43 AM |#221  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn70

Try frost for facebook

Jerry I white listed tapatalk in your host file and once in a while tapatalk still tells me to whitelist like I haven't done it.... Obviously I'm VIP so white listing it ain't nothing but a thing but the pop up gets annoying any ideas

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)