DeviceID, DeviceType, User-Agent
Any new developments in this area?
As I am not an Exchange admin at my company, I have no access to the Exchange or TMG firewall logs, but Outlook Web Access reveals information about the mobile devices I have used in the past (OWA > Options > Mobile Devices)
Each "device" is known by three separate descriptors:
* DeviceID: I have read this: For Symbian devices it's the IMEI number that is used, for iPhones it's the serial number, for Windows Phone it's a GUID and for Android devices it's usually a hash of the IMEI.
* DeviceType: iPhone, htcbravo, Android, iPad, HTC_HD2 T8585, HTC Touch Pro1 T7373, Kaiser, HTC Touch HD T8282, (and for those querying about Windows Mobile: ) PocketPC/PPC/SmartPhone/variation of this, ... (please complete!)
* Web-Agent: Android-EAS/0.1, Apple-iPad1C1/803.148, Apple-iPhone3C1/803.148... (please complete!)
Touchdown allows you to change DeviceType only.
1) Does anyone know of any other alternatives to change the DeviceType, DeviceID or Web-Agent?
2) Does anyone have any idea about how to change the stock app/OS's DeviceID, DeviceType and/or Web-Agent?