Search This thread

shr!pad

Nov 2, 2017
Bangalore
Guide for Install TWRP & Root Moto_C_Plus With Locked Bootloader

I have ported TWRP recovery for Moto C Plus
TWRP porting guide followed on xda [thanks for xda]
Code:
Follow instruction correctly..try at your own risk..i'm not responsible for if your device bricked..

Here is the step by step procedure for install twrp recovery on moto c plus with locked bootloader

Instructions:-
The simple way to install twrp recovery on devices,, is to unlock the bootloader..and flash the recovery through fastboot..:)
I'm going to show you step by step instructions to flash the twrp on moto c plus WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader or lose any data.

1. first thing u need to some files..
Download and extract my ported recovery & files from here Tools NEW G-DRIVE LINK UPDATED!!!

Code:
[I][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]note:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]after dowloading file..
extract it and copy [I]SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip[/I] file in ur sd card,,,,
DONT FORGET to flash SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip file 
after write memory ,,otherwise your device will stuck at 
moto logo or soft brick

2.Open download tool(file provided in the above link,use provide sp_flash tool only because moto c plus have secure chip,need to authentication file,, so u cant flash through normal sp_flash tool) and load the download agent "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" & authentication file auth_sv5.auth from download_tool folder
3.Load the scatter-file found in the provided file.. select preloader only..but don't flash it.
4. Click Alt + Ctrl + V to activate advanced mode in sp flash tool.
5.Click on "window" up there and select "write mode"
6. Change the Begin address to "0x2d80000" and click on "file path" and choose the TWRP RECOVERY.img from extracted provided zip file
7. Click on "write Memeory", then Power off your device and remove the battery.. press and hold vol- button, then connect phone to pc via USB cable.. press &hold vol- key until pc detect...wait for Write memory ok window appears,, now your recovery is ready.
8.Next insert ur battery, press vol+ and power button simultaneously.. than select recovery mode..& boot into recovery
9.In twrp recovery select install and locate SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip file in ur sd card and flash it..
10.After successful flash... hit reboot device..
!!!NOW YOU ARE ROOTED MOTO C PLUS!!!! Enjoy!!!!:good::good:

...Image Instruction are also available in attached file..

For Compiled twrp go here Compiled Twrp

XDA-DevDB Information
TWRP For Moto C Plus with locked bootloader. Tool/Utility for all devices MT67xx

Contributor:

shr!pad

Created:13-12-2017
Last Update:02-05-2018

If u like my work, hit like button....​

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 13,403
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 13,044
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 12,978
Last edited:

vinay durva

Dec 30, 2015
Adilabad
In ticked preloader , wut can I choose Broo.. ( TWRP RECOVERY.img ) ,??????

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Any Mtk Drivers Needed for pc to detact phone ????

shr!pad

Nov 2, 2017
Bangalore
u dont need to add twrp recovery in download section..u need to select twrp recovery in write memory...see in attached images..

Yes..u need mtk vcom drivers for detect phone..

Reactions: vinay durva

Mago6246

Mar 21, 2017
I get this error
S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (0xFC0)
[EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!
[HINT] Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded.

Last edited:

shr!pad

Nov 2, 2017
Bangalore
check..image instruction.. All files must be loaded..
And check u r enterd beginning adress 0x2d80000 is correct..
See instruction correctly..i think u r problem..in connecting phone...
Read instruction again..said that..press and hold vol- key then connect usb to phone..hold vol- key untill write memory ok window appears..?

shr!pad

Nov 2, 2017
Bangalore
u dont need to add twrp recovery in download section..u need to select twrp recovery in write memory...see in attached images..

Yes..u need mtk vcom drivers for detect phone..

Mago6246

Mar 21, 2017
I double checked evey file and the begin adress, and i remove the battery hold vol - and connect the phone until in the status shows write memory but getting the same error in my 1+16gb

amit020

Jun 22, 2014
In the note section, u have mention flash SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip file after write memory, this has to be done in the 9th step??

vinay durva

Dec 30, 2015
Adilabad
Bro , TWRP successfully flashed but after flashing TWRP my moto c plus was not booting up strucking on MOTO LOGO ( I again flashed full firmware for use my phone )☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
Thanks for your work. I'm getting the Dram error as well.
Have double checked all the steps, using supplied cable and tried different ports on the PC.
My device is XT1723. Could it be that this version of TWRP is not correct for my device?

Reactions: samg2

shr!pad

Nov 2, 2017
Bangalore
u need to flash super su file.. after writing the recovery provided in link.. otherwise u will bricked..read 9th step,,,,it's the problem u have facing