FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to build LineageOS 16.0 on Windows 10 (via WSL 1.0)

325 posts
Thanks Meter: 233

By Uldiniad, Senior Member on 15th February 2018, 05:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2018, 10:02 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 1,898

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicerok

how can i fix this?

Dude stop the off topic please. This isn't the correct thread, open a new one on your xda device thread. And for info if you checked the lineage forums or even the envsetup.sh, you would have seen that you can specify a directory with repopick XXXXX -P Android/.....

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs
23rd May 2018, 02:29 PM |#122  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicerok

I fixed that by cherrypicking another commit for cm14.1
but now i got another errors

Code:
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.'
[  0% 8/48935] host Executable: conscrypt_generate_constants (/home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/conscrypt_generate_constants_intermediates/conscrypt_generate_constants)
[  0% 9/48935] Install: /home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/linux-x86/lib64/libssl-host.so
[  0% 10/48935] Generating TOC: /home/ins/ins-cm/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-oj_intermediates/classes.jar.toc
[  0% 11/48935] Yacc: aidl <= system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_y.yy
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/bison/bison -d  --defines=/home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaidl-common_intermediates/aidl_language_y.h -o /home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaidl-common_intermediates/aidl_language_y.cpp system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_y.yy"
/bin/bash: prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/bison/bison: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
[  0% 11/48935] Notice file: system/tools/aidl/NOTICE -- /home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/windows-x86/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//lib/libaidl-common.a.txt
[  0% 11/48935] Install: /home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/linux-x86/bin/conscrypt_generate_constants
[  0% 11/48935] host C++: libbase <= system/core/base/errors_unix.cpp
[  0% 11/48935] host C++: libbase <= system/core/base/test_utils.cpp
[  0% 11/48935] host C++: libbase <= system/core/base/strings.cpp
[  0% 11/48935] host Java: jarjar (/home/ins/ins-cm/out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/jarjar_intermediates/classes)
[  0% 11/48935] target Java: libphonenumber-platform (/home/ins/ins-cm/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/libphonenumber-platform_intermediates/classes)
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
build/core/ninja.mk:151: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/ins/ins-cm'

This thread is for lineage-15.1. Repopicking my commits will not work out of the box because they are only available on lineage-15.1. Your problem is that you're using the prebuilt 32-bit bison that causes crashes on wsl. You need to compile the 64-bit bison and set that one to be used by the build system. You can do that by backporting my commits to cm-14.1 on gerrit if you want. I personally am only planning on supporting the latest version available (currently lineage-15.1).
26th May 2018, 08:31 PM |#123  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uldiniad

[*]Cherrypick the following commit:

Code:
source build/envsetup.sh && repopick -t wsl-compile

Thanks for this, quite cool! Is there an easy way to see what this repopick will change? I'm curious what's all in your magic
26th May 2018, 08:37 PM |#124  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDisposable

[*]Cherrypick the following commit:

Thanks for this, quite cool! Is there an easy way to see what this repopick will change? I'm curious what's all in your magic

Yup, just open lineageOS Gerrit and type wsl in the search bar
The Following User Says Thank You to Uldiniad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uldiniad Ad-Free
26th May 2018, 08:44 PM |#125  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yup, just open lineageOS Gerrit and type wsl in the search bar

Perfect!

Saving this https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/wsl-compile for posterity
27th May 2018, 12:55 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anybody figured out a way around the /proc/cpuinfo + clang.real segmentation fault issue yet?
27th May 2018, 01:04 PM |#127  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDruiD

Anybody figured out a way around the /proc/cpuinfo + clang.real segmentation fault issue yet?

If you search the thread for cpuinfo you'd find that someone else did have the same error and how they solved it
27th May 2018, 02:51 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

If you search the thread for cpuinfo you'd find that someone else did have the same error and how they solved it

I DID read this whole thread and I did not find a solution. Unlike SaberShip I did not change standard paths to another drive or anything similar. Re-running the build again (without changing anything) worked this time, so it might be some intermittent issue.
27th May 2018, 03:02 PM |#129  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDruiD

I DID read this whole thread and I did not find a solution. Unlike SaberShip I did not change standard paths to another drive or anything similar. Re-running the build again (without changing anything) worked this time, so it might be some intermittent issue.

I didn't know that you hadn't moved the path. The only cpuinfo related issue I had been made aware of was due to /mnt.
this is all issues reported on cpuinfo on wsl so far: https://github.com/Microsoft/WSL/iss...Aissue+cpuinfo
it does look like it isn't working 100% like it would in native.
on another note, the rig you have will also make a difference.
Before my latest set of patches, I had noticed that some errors that showed up in some builds would not happen again when relaunching the build. As a rule of thumb it is good to try again and see if the error is frequent or consistent.
We are building on a system that is not designed to support android compilation after all.
31st May 2018, 06:47 PM |#130  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you guys
Thanks
1st June 2018, 04:56 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
How much time or memory does repo sync require?
the repo sync command requires how much amount of data to be downloaded? its taking long time on my broadband connection.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bashonwindows, lineageos, windows, wsl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)