By ThePiGuy, Senior Member on 20th September 2018, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2019, 01:55 PM |#21  
Flag Multan
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePiGuy

Ok so what it looks like - did you sync only the device trees and any common ones and then use the "brunch" or "breakfast" command to download the rest of the repos. If so, then it's still pulled the repos from lineage (in all the dependency files, you can see where they come from)

If you did, try finding the AEX equivalent repo and replacing that in the .dependency file that it is referred to in.

If this is not what you did, please detail what you did to get your environment

Uhh.. I synced the ROM, Device Tree, Vendor, Kernel, qcom_audio-caf, devicesetting, and changed LOS to AOSP in DT.
That gave me that compiling error.
21st March 2019, 02:43 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itexpert.120

Uhh.. I synced the ROM, Device Tree, Vendor, Kernel, qcom_audio-caf, devicesetting, and changed LOS to AOSP in DT.
That gave me that compiling error.

Please could you link me to the original device trees, vendor and kernel
21st March 2019, 03:31 PM |#23  
Flag Multan

More
Quote:

Please could you link me to the original device trees, vendor and kernel

Device name : Fortuna3g
https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
Device Tree, Vendor, and kernel is all here
21st March 2019, 04:49 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Device name : Fortuna3g
https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
Device Tree, Vendor, and kernel is all here

Ok. I'll be honest, some of those device tree bits aren't fully filled out (as far as I can tell) - e.g. fortuna3g doesn't seem to have a dependencies file.

Try using this as your local manifest

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remote  name="galaxy-msm8916"
	         fetch="https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916"
			 revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<remote  name="aex"
	         fetch="https://github.com/AospExtended"
			 revision="9.x" />

<!-- Galaxy Trees -->
	<project name="android_device_samsung_fortuna3g" path="device/samsung/fortuna3g" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />
	<project name="android_device_samsung_gprimelte" path="device/samsung/gprimelte" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />
	<project name="android_device_samsung_msm8916-common" path="device/samsung/msm8916-common" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />
	<project name="android_kernel_samsung_msm8916" path="kernel/samsung/msm8916" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />

<!-- AEX Trees -->
	<project name="android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_external_sony_boringssl-compat" path="external/sony/boringssl-compat" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="aex" />

<!-- Vendor -->
	<project name="proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />

</manifest>
Then alter the bits to say AEX and try again
21st March 2019, 04:57 PM |#25  
Flag Multan

More
Quote:

Ok. I'll be honest, some of those device tree bits aren't fully filled out (as far as I can tell) - e.g. fortuna3g doesn't seem to have a dependencies file.

Try using this as your local manifest

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remote  name="galaxy-msm8916"
	         fetch="https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916"
			 revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<remote  name="aex"
	         fetch="https://github.com/AospExtended"
			 revision="9.x" />

<!-- Galaxy Trees -->
	<project name="android_device_samsung_fortuna3g" path="device/samsung/fortuna3g" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />
	<project name="android_device_samsung_gprimelte" path="device/samsung/gprimelte" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />
	<project name="android_device_samsung_msm8916-common" path="device/samsung/msm8916-common" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />
	<project name="android_kernel_samsung_msm8916" path="kernel/samsung/msm8916" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />

<!-- AEX Trees -->
	<project name="android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_external_sony_boringssl-compat" path="external/sony/boringssl-compat" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="aex" />
	<project name="android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="aex" />

<!-- Vendor -->
	<project name="proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="galaxy-msm8916" />

</manifest>
Then alter the bits to say AEX and try again

Thanks[COLOR="Silver"]

It is a common device tree. The fortuna3g is linked to gprimelte-common which is linked to msm8916-common which is again linked to qcom-common

There isn't any android_device_samsung etc in AEX đŸ˜…
21st March 2019, 05:28 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks[COLOR="Silver"]

It is a common device tree. The fortuna3g is linked to gprimelte-common which is linked to msm8916-common which is again linked to qcom-common

There isn't any android_device_samsung etc in AEX

Oh damn this just got more complicated.

There are some more AEX repos in github.com/AOSPExtended-Devices but some (e.g. android_hardware_samsung) are pretty old and only updated for N. You can try using those or you are going to have to take the repos from lineage and rebrand those too
22nd March 2019, 06:08 AM |#27  
Flag Multan

More
Quote:

Oh damn this just got more complicated.

There are some more AEX repos in github.com/AOSPExtended-Devices but some (e.g. android_hardware_samsung) are pretty old and only updated for N. You can try using those or you are going to have to take the repos from lineage and rebrand those too

hmm... so i have to rebrand every bit of LOS to AOSP
26th June 2019, 08:47 AM |#28  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Use local repo
I have downloaded my device's source code and want to use it instead of github and sync it with repo.
What do I need to put in my manifest.xml file?

Thanks
27th June 2019, 01:02 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert45689

I have downloaded my device's source code and want to use it instead of github and sync it with repo.
What do I need to put in my manifest.xml file?

Thanks

What do you mean? Where did you download the device source code from etc
27th June 2019, 01:24 PM |#30  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

What do you mean? Where did you download the device source code from etc

I own a Huawei Y5 2017 and I downloaded it's source code from Huawei's website.
28th June 2019, 11:58 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert45689

I own a Huawei Y5 2017 and I downloaded it's source code from Huawei's website.

Unfortunately I can't help with that one.

With custom ROMs we deal with source code that has been designed to run with aosp ROMs whereas the Huawei code is specifically for the Huawei skinned android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)