21st September 2016, 11:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
thank but too hard for me
can i have another software to do this?
21st September 2016, 01:23 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
There are a few ways which you can make a Nandroid backup. The recommended way is to use a custom recovery to create one, and it’s the only way to restore from one. You should be able to use any custom recovery that offers Nandroid backup capabilities — if you don’t want to search around, the best choices are CWM and TWRP. Once you’ve flashed a custom recovery onto your device, you can boot into it and choose to create (or later on, restore from) a Nandroid backup. It’ll go through the process and create a backup file on your microSD card or other equivalent storage location.
21st September 2016, 01:33 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Tayler

There are a few ways which you can make a Nandroid backup. The recommended way is to use a custom recovery to create one, and it’s the only way to restore from one. You should be able to use any custom recovery that offers Nandroid backup capabilities — if you don’t want to search around, the best choices are CWM and TWRP. Once you’ve flashed a custom recovery onto your device, you can boot into it and choose to create (or later on, restore from) a Nandroid backup. It’ll go through the process and create a backup file on your microSD card or other equivalent storage location.

Then tell me how to create a nandroid backup from your internal storage (/sdcard or /data/media/0)
21st September 2016, 01:35 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarcis

Thank you so much for the commands, but I ran them on Windows, and I get no error, but the output file is 1kb.
I tried running on dos prompt, I´ll try again tomorrow on cygwin

Then open the file using e.g. notepad and show me the contents. It could be an error message or something...
The Following User Says Thank You to xdvs23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdvs23 Ad-Free
21st September 2016, 01:36 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddas

thank but too hard for me
can i have another software to do this?

I'm actually making backup tools which you can then use to create backups easily, maybe I'll also make a program with a user interface for windows where you can do that much easier.

Of course I cant promise anything atm cuz I have some other things to do as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdvs23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdvs23 Ad-Free
21st September 2016, 04:58 PM |#16  
Tashkent
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdvs23

Disclaimer

Code:
adb shell mkfifo /bk.pipe && adb exec-out 'tar -cvap data/media/0 2>/bk.pipe' | dd of=sdcard.tar & adb shell cat /bk.pipe &

replace with this one
Code:
adb shell mkfifo /bk.pipe && adb exec-out 'tar -cvap data/media/0 2>/bk.pipe' | dd of=sdcard.tar & adb shell cat /bk.pipe &
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J0NiK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J0NiK Ad-Free
21st September 2016, 05:36 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdvs23

Then open the file using e.g. notepad and show me the contents. It could be an error message or something...

good idea!

The files contained:
allpartitions.tar: /sbin/sh: syntax error: unterminated quoted string on one tr
mmcblk0.img: 0kb
sdcard.raw : /sbin/sh: syntax error: unexpected redirection
userdata:img: dd: can't open '/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata': No such file or directory
22nd September 2016, 01:40 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedtahir16

Does this help?

http://syedtahir16.blogspot.in/2014/...-solution.html

No, but thanks. The ideia is to be able to backup without being able to load the OS.
22nd September 2016, 02:32 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
how to restore?
22nd September 2016, 06:23 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0NiK

replace with this one

Code:

What's the difference?

Edit: Got it, changed it, thanks for pointing out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, backup, compress, tar, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)