Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2020, 08:34 PM |#51  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 4,107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJack

AndDiSa
I've tried to backup in recovery mode (so root is not the case) - it is not possible to backup /system in Android 10. No problem with /data though.

I just doing it with my Pixel 3a, just got the hole /dev/block/mmcblk0 but also /dev/block/system_a, /dev/block/system_b, ...

There is only an issue which I need to analyze further: for some partitions comparing the checksums do not match after transferring. But I am doing the backup *not* in recovery, but on a running system being "shut down".
11th February 2020, 08:28 AM |#52  
Flag Heidelberg

More
@GrayJack I've updated my backup scripts and I successfully got all the partitions from a Pixel 3a (Stock Android 10), a Huawei Medipad M5 (EMUI 9.1) and a HTC one m8 (Lineage 17.1)
11th February 2020, 01:30 PM |#53  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

@GrayJack I've updated my backup scripts and I successfully got all the partitions from a Pixel 3a (Stock Android 10), a Huawei Medipad M5 (EMUI 9.1) and a HTC one m8 (Lineage 17.1)

Have you tried to restore backups back on the phones?
Are they working ones? I would be really surprised if you could get working backups outside recovery on working system.

Отправлено с моего Redmi 4X через Tapatalk
11th February 2020, 04:38 PM |#54  
Flag Heidelberg

More
@GrayJack I did not restore the files yet but as the checksums on the device and the PC are the same I am quite sure restoring them should not be a problem.
I can also mount (some of) the extracted image files, e.g. userdata, system, ... as a loop device on my Linux system without any problems. To flash them back to the device itself one could either use dd / cat (reverse operation as the extraction was done) or fastboot flash. Using fastboot flash one probably needs to transform (some of them) into a sparse image first so that the fastboot flash accepts the format.
11th February 2020, 06:07 PM |#55  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

@GrayJack I did not restore the files yet but as the checksums on the device and the PC are the same I am quite sure restoring them should not be a problem.

I can also mount (some of) the extracted image files, e.g. userdata, system, ... as a loop device on my Linux system without any problems. To flash them back to the device itself one could either use dd / cat (reverse operation as the extraction was done) or fastboot flash. Using fastboot flash one probably needs to transform (some of them) into a sparse image first so that the fastboot flash accepts the format.

Until one could not use this backup for restore - it's just a PoC.
Good progress - but not a finish.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, backup, compress, tar, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)