Make Custom ROM + Add ROOT for Unbranded Chinese Tablet [HW: MT6582] [Model: T906]

Search This thread

fr0dzy

Sep 14, 2010
cannot connect via adb

So I have practically the exact same tablet as the OP (except mine reports accurately on memory and storage) but for some reason I just cannot get adb or any other tool for that matter to see it. Not even with the appropriate MTK drivers. Can file transfer fine. Have tried multiple PC's and USB cables and even a macbook and a linux machine, cannot work it out. Anyone else have that issue?

Dadinio123

Jan 2, 2019
Hi all, fellow tablet owners! :highfive: We're quite a few, maybe we could make a Club and name us T906'ers :D
These are my MTK Droid Tools info, which slightly differs, perhaps are they upgraded?

My main goal was to root this guy and maybe put a newer Android version on it, Nougat preferred but Marshmellow would be fine either. Then I came across this thread and aimed to get also a working TWRP recovery. :p
I am willing to help in any way I can but please bear with my lack of modding knowledge, since my only one experience was on mother's Galaxy J3: I flashed TWRP with Odin and SuperSU from recovery, then I installed Link2SD and finally linked her gazillion Apps to SD card.
Any kind of simple guidance to the process would be really appreciated. :good: :eek:

Hi Bêlit, I had the exact firmware that you have in your tablet, i haven't found it on the web, can you share your stock firmware pleased? Thank you very much

amoren10

Jul 16, 2015
Help please!

I spent so much time for unbricking ny zh906 tablet. finally I found a firmware that I flash with spflashtools . The tablet revived -but now its stuck on the "Boot error" - I tried many solutions from this thread but did not succeed.
I really apriciate if someone can help! thank u.

Last edited:

blankacs

Feb 2, 2020
hallo, me too with the problem "boot error !!"
MTK 6582 (fake 6797) , kernel: 3.4.67 buildserver7 , build. T906_vEN0DD3_20191031
build ID: KOT49H, SDK (API) 19, armeabi-v7a, ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) ,screen size: 800X1217 (fake2560 * 1600)
band version: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V34, 2018.01.02
carry over from build.prop
ro.build.id = KOT49H
ro.build.display.id = ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.10
ro.build.version.incremental = vEN0DD3
ro.custom.build.version = vEN0DD3
ro.build.version.sdk = 19
ro.build.version.codename REL =
ro.build.version.release = 4.4.2
ro.build.date = 2019 年 10 月 31 日 星期四 12:05:51 CST
ro.build.date.utc = 1572494751
ro.build.type = user
ro.build.user = buildserver
ro.build.host = buildserver7
ro.build.tags = release-keys
ro.product.model = zh960
ro.product.brand = alps
ro.product.name = zh960
ro.product.device = zh960
ro.product.board = zh960
ro.product.cpu.abi = armeabi-V7A
ro.product.cpu.abi2 = armeabi
i made rom copy with mtk droid using the cache value but it goes the same in boot error and also with all the other zh960 roms found in the discussion.install a rom MY6582 JTY KT096H_v03 hxdl 4.4.2 20150828 but it remains black screen and without sound. I realize that it is installed because pc detects tablets like KT096H.
the problem arose because I accidentally flashed PHILL recovery as a boot file, from that moment the tablet dead. please help! thanks 1000

Feb 5, 2019
So close, yet so far.

The device I was using/testing died months ago, hence no replies here. Around Christmas I just spent the money and bought a used Samsung tablet off of ebay. I just wanted something that worked, which is why I attempted building a replacement OS for some cheap chinese product. The source files weren't an exact match, and I couldn't get the full source files from the one partition on my actual device due to encryption or lack of knowledge.

That's part of the reason anything I posted here still had issues. I wouldn't consider it stable, but if you are okay with the limited functionality, you are welcome. I won't be providing anymore updates for this hardware.

Hi Harold,

as far as I can say your Lineage 14.1 Image beta3 is the best.
Sound is still a problem, but for my daily use it works quite well.

Do you see a chance to use the newer sources from lineage 14.1?

Thank you for your support.

ncrawler

Dec 16, 2010
Rockingham
tried

Hello, I'm sorry but I still have no progress. I am very busy because I have many exams. When I finish them I'll see what I can fix in beta 8. I've also been helping to fix @Dadinio123, his tablet said boot error !!!!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

REQUIREMENTS:
- THIS .ZIP: https://mega.nz/#!f59xiYxL!-_9AFSikTAp3_izW1ajGdAzcnKlUiV7gVIXagniGaSg
- A COMPUTER
- MTK PRELOADER DRIVERS INSTALLED
- BRICKED ZH960 TABLET:silly:
GUIDE:
1. Unpack the zip
2. Go to folder FIRMWARE 1 and unpack it
3. Go to folder SP Flash Tools and open flashtool.exe
4. Select the MT6582_Android_scratter.txt that is in the FIRMWARE 1 folder, connect the tablet powered off and click on download
5. Once is complete, close FlashTools
6. Go to BEETOOLS folder
7. Unpack BEETOLS.zip and install it
6. Once you install it, execute it, select offline login and select the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ_1912.key
619b8c1a70b1a6d68510ae35571e90d0.gif

7. Go to folder FIRMWARE2 and unpack the .zip
8. Now folow the steps of this image and click on Download:
cc5133bd12a757df38e206e511c59b0e.gif

9. Now, unplug the tablet and power up
10. The tablet should start to boot up!:D

PS: Sorry for my english.

Beetools not working for me. Have error with key

xchaoling

Mar 13, 2020
Minas Gerais
I have a philz touch recovery, but i havent image and i can't install the recovery, and not work on betools and spft

Are you able to resolve?
I have the same problem, when finishing the flash rom the screen will light up but have no image
my Tablet: P10 zh960 MT6582 ,
ro.build.id=KOT49H
ro.build.display.id=ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.10
ro.build.version.incremental=vEN4125
ro.custom.build.version=vEN4125

danidelosfu

Mar 30, 2007
Are you able to resolve?
I have the same problem, when finishing the flash rom the screen will light up but have no image
my Tablet: P10 zh960 MT6582 ,
ro.build.id=KOT49H
ro.build.display.id=ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.10
ro.build.version.incremental=vEN4125
ro.custom.build.version=vEN4125

Hi, i dont resolvé the problem, i read in other forum, how to do It, for me not work,
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=947976
If you can resolvé the problem please help me thanks

Reactions: xchaoling

JimG007

Apr 1, 2020
Was looking for a rom for my no name chinese tablet I was given yesterday and found your thread. Tablet reports:
Model K100b, 8 cores 2.5ghz, screen 2560x1600, Android version 7.0, Baseband MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V39,2018/10/30 11:24, Kernel Version 3.4.67 root@twd#1 Sat Dec29 12:50:19 CST 2018, Build number k1001_v1.0.0_181229

I know all the specs are fake since I ran a hardware info app. Was wondering if anything on this tablet can help this thread since all is currently working, resettable, etc. Let me know if you need files, etc. Regards, JimG

edbinderli

Jul 4, 2018
Key of the BeTools invalid!

Does anyone have a valid BeTools key?
:confused:
---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

[/COLOR]REQUIREMENTS:
- THIS .ZIP: ]
- A COMPUTER
GUIDE:
1. Unpack the zip
4. Select the MT6582_Android_scratter.txt that is in the FIRMWARE 1 folder, connect the tablet powered off and click on download
6. Go to BEETOOLS folder
6. Once you install it, execute it, select offline login and select the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ_1912.key

PS: Sorry for my english.[/QUOTE]

xchaoling

Mar 13, 2020
Minas Gerais
Does anyone have a valid BeTools key?
:confused:

[/COLOR]REQUIREMENTS:
- THIS .ZIP: ]
- A COMPUTER
GUIDE:
1. Unpack the zip
6. Go to BEETOOLS folder

[/QUOTE]

change Windows data time for 2015 ,next open beetols

jwhemmer

Nov 21, 2006
Regarding the Custom ROM you may have?

No problem. The backup I sent you first should work, try flashing it with betools.

Hi AmmR,

By any chance, are you able to assist me with the Custom ROM file you may still have? ROM manager can't seem to find the model, and google isn't giving much on a concrete ROM link that is at least updated. :cool:

Thank you for anything you are able to offer. :highfive:

I have the following tablet -
ZH960 MB v4.1 - MT6582
Currently Android 9
(Looking to upgrade or customize to better ROM)

abou13

Dec 15, 2019
Hello everyone, this tablet is going to drive me crazy :furieux: I managed to flash it but because of the upside down screen I wanted to test another rom and then nothing white screen, I changed something file and now boot error. I can't take it anymore someone can help me please. I made a backup of my phone but only the .backup how can I make a restoration or a solution with this file thank you

Which-Android-Am-I?

Dec 10, 2018
London, UK
Google Pixel 4
Hello everyone, this tablet is going to drive me crazy :furieux: I managed to flash it but because of the upside down screen I wanted to test another rom and then nothing white screen, I changed something file and now boot error. I can't take it anymore someone can help me please. I made a backup of my phone but only the .backup how can I make a restoration or a solution with this file thank you

What did you use to make the backup?

AmmR_94

May 5, 2014
Caldas Da Rainha
Hi AmmR,

By any chance, are you able to assist me with the Custom ROM file you may still have? ROM manager can't seem to find the model, and google isn't giving much on a concrete ROM link that is at least updated. :cool:

Thank you for anything you are able to offer. :highfive:

I have the following tablet -
ZH960 MB v4.1 - MT6582
Currently Android 9
(Looking to upgrade or customize to better ROM)

Hi.
I've searched for it but I don't have those files anymore, sorry :s
Have you tried searching the manufacturer server?
This post may help you with it. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78450512&postcount=15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, All

I am new here and was hoping to get some help with a "Unbranded Chinese Tablet" that I got from e-bay.
    It is a MediaTek MT6582 10.1" Tablet with 4GB+64GB, Micro SD, Dual SIM's, OTG and Android 6.0.

Here is the info I could get from MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3:
    Hardware : MT6582
    Model : T906
    Build number : T906_vEN0B81_20181121
    Build date UTC : 20181121-092125
    Android v : 6.0
    Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V34, 2018/01/02 14:24
    Kernel v : 3.4.67 (buildserver@buildserver10) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Nov 21 17:19:15 CST 2018
    Uboot build v : -----
    LCD Driver IC : 0-i107_weiyao_dsi_vdo

Here is a list of the fake parts:
    Fake Android 6.0, only has Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
    Fake 4G RAM chip, only has a 1GB or 2GB RAM chip.
    Fake 64GB flash chip, only has a 16GB flash chip.

I have also got a full ROM dump of it with SP Flash Tool v5.1804 and a processed ROM Zip from MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3.
    What I would like help with is making an Android v6.0.1, v7.0 or v8.1 image for this tablet. I have looked everywhere and have not found anything that works.
    A TWRP recovery would be nice as well but I have not found anything that works.

I can upload boot.img, recovery.img and system.img if it would be helpful.
    (See below!)

Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    Which-Android-Am-I?

Please post on this thread if you need help, information, stock ROMs and/or what to help/add.
    Please do not PM me as I only check messages once a week at best, thank you.

---# Stock Data For Tablet #---
    Here are link to the stock images from my tablet only, if the tablet you have is not the same they may brick it.

All Data: Full Set

---# Update 01 #---
    I have added most of the files that have been made or are needed to make ports for this tablet below.

---# Update 02 #---
    I have added a link to download a working port of CM12.1-BETA4 that @Rortiz2 made, also I have added an attachment ("BUILDPROPFIX-v0.2.zip") that you will need to download and flash to fix the NAV Bar and screen being upside down.

Link: CM12.1-BETA4-ZH960
    Link: BUILDPROPFIX-v0.2.zip - See attachments at bottom of post.
    Check out this T906 ROM I made with Lineage OS 14.1

Hi! I have test it but there is always a lot of bugs: the boot screen is reverse, the touch pad is reverse, the storage is always limited, no sound, photos doesn't work,...

But it's a good news that this version turn on this tablet! I hope there will have news about this lineage version!

Thank you very much for your job, I wait news :cowboy:

Ps: sorry for my english

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

There is a lot of info in this link for mtk6582: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=623850

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

And here for 14.1 maybe:
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=671898

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

For testers and developers, this is the beta of harold:

https://mega.nz/#!XxZlgIya!WJnDiOWpRuvzj2khuW1mK5pWB5PnzjQJHNnbijqXv4E

I'll let someone else have a go. I'll keep trying on my end and post another update with any progress if I don't hear back.
    Here are the notes I provided for this ROM:

With no respect for Beta numbers, I present to you 3B.
    - GPS, Cameras, and flashlight do not work
    - Can only set a pin or password lock with external keyboard, but can unlock with pin on screen.
    - Sound through headphones only
    - Has on screen navbar, and auto rotates
    - Microphone, Wifi, FM Radio, Bluetooth; working
    - Unable to test mobile networks. Good luck.
    - Stock Files app throws an error when opening, but still functions
    - You can install open gapps ({Link to open GApps removed} ; Platform: ARM; Android: 7.1; Variant: I chose pico, but you can try something else). You will get an uncertified error message, get your device registered- {Link to Google Android Uncertified page}

File Name: LineageOS14.1-ZH960[Beta3b][T906][MT6582][HotR].zip

Peace.
    This still alive lol? @Which-Android-Am-I?
    Still have this tablet?
    I have Lineage 12.1 sources downladed. I can give a try about building ;)

I still have the tablet and for the last few weeks I have been moving my office/computer setup to a new room, so some things were lost but everything is sorted now. :victory:
    Well, it's very strange. It will be a specific bug. I'll look how I solve it. On the other hand. You can record the screen and send the video, it is an alternative to screenshot. To record the screen use this:

DOWNLOAD

I'm sorry to be a bore with the screenshots but it's to see what the appearance looks like.
    Regards
    PD: Sorry about the image. He says:
    Android system
    An internal problem has occurred in the device. Contact the manufacturer for more information

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Hi guys, here are some screenshots of the rom. These screenshots are from the Lenovo A536. These screenshots are not from the rom for the tablet but they are from the original rom:
    PD: They are in Russian
    http%3A%2F%2Fcs5-1.4pda.to%2F7916036.png
    http%3A%2F%2Fcs5-1.4pda.to%2F7916046.png
    6830469.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-20-18-32-49.png
    6830482.png

Hi,

I have some photos taken with my phone for you.

Also I have been looking for where /sdcard is and I found it, /sdcard is linked to /storage/sdcard0 which is empty and what should be linked to /sdcard is /storage/sdcard1/0 which is where I found the ROM zip I used.

If that helps.

Which-Android-Am-I?
    Hello, I'm sorry but I still have no progress. I am very busy because I have many exams. When I finish them I'll see what I can fix in beta 8. I've also been helping to fix @Dadinio123, his tablet said boot error !!!!

REQUIREMENTS:
    - THIS .ZIP: https://mega.nz/#!f59xiYxL!-_9AFSikTAp3_izW1ajGdAzcnKlUiV7gVIXagniGaSg
    - A COMPUTER
    GUIDE:
    1. Unpack the zip
    6. Go to BEETOOLS folder
    619b8c1a70b1a6d68510ae35571e90d0.gif

cc5133bd12a757df38e206e511c59b0e.gif

Good luck with your exams @Rortiz2. :fingers-crossed:
    I always hated exams of any kind as I was never any good at doing them. :laugh:

Which-Android-Am-I?

P.S: Your English is very good by the way.