Android Development Kit (ADK) is alternatively best solution for android reverse engineering
This Application allows you to easily modify android apps, android ROMs, boot or recovery images very easily with easy-to-use environment on Windows(x86 or x64) platform.
Users can easily decompile, recompile application and could edit almost everything inside it.
One of the best tools Dexpatcher is also a part of ADK for modifying Application at source level using JAVA.
There is also some pre-customized templates, scripts for Android Recovery Zip or ROM Development project.
Users can also add their own templates with the help of Snippets manager and share across users.
There is also a big resource of online documentation for ADK here which will help users to guide the process if they messed up in a trouble.
The Application is not limited to these, users can download and install some external plugins for ADK and also for personal use.
Users can also submit your own plugin. If your plugin finds more useful for our users can get free license for ADK.
Also, ADK is not completely free it has a trial period of 7 days after that you have to buy license (optional, otherwise you can continue with demo mode which has certain features disabled) which is very reasonable (details here)
ADK is still in development process, so there may be some bugs or glitches which may fail to run some task.
If you find such, provide a detail information and report it to me here.
Additionally, since I am 17yrs old and has a lot of pressure for studies so there might be delayed in sending updates (grief).
Keep in mind that ADK is highly inspired from Virtuous Ten Studio(One of the best IDE ever), APK Studio; so you may find many similarity in them.
One of the main reason for building ADK is to spread the art of reverse engineering among newbies. I am in this field not for quite long but I've seen lot of peoples who are interested in porting ROM, modifying app, creating recovery flashable zips but they don't know from where to start, because of this they keep asking devs and become a cat of annoying clowder (due to these, some new users quit this field). I've looked upon these issue and found many peoples use kitchen for stuffs and keep recommending newbies to use this. Since kitchen are the best solution for ROM development as It comprise of all common task (like adding root, busybox to ROM and stuffs) with a very easy accessible option.
Many users are not familiar with IDE, and find trouble using them. After research I came to know some of the famous kitchens of all time is dsixda kitchen, ASSAYYED Kitchen(currently the most used). These people find them more useful since all the task, scripts, templates, etc. are in front of them; can be access with single option selection (no need to go deepdown and look for the stuffs).
Henceforth, I decided to create such type of kitchen giving it GUI look with very easy to use and non-complicated interface. All scripts and options are very easy to access, no need to create multiple windows for running tasks. I find it useful personally, the application runs on almost all Windows. For Windows XP some GUI animation will failed to load, otherwise everything will work fine.
Below is just a tiny summary of its features, full details can be found here
- A clean and better UI
- Full Featured Advance IDE
- Very easy-to-use interface for both developers and newbies
- Contains integration of third party tools [details can be found in credits]
- Currently supported Projects
- Android Application (Editing .apk file)
- Android Firmware ROM modifying
- Android Recovery Flashable Zip (Update.zip)
- Boot or Recovery Project
- Logo.bin Project
- Edit Project configs and manage all existing Project
- Tip dialog to show the summary of its cool features
- Keep track of files and folders in Project viewer
- Support for Windows XP (need .Net Framework 4.5)
- Edit APK at Source level using DexPatcher
- Analyze your APK or ROM project just like Android Studio
- A powerful logging, debugging feature (just like android studio)
- Easily Config your project with straight-forward options
- Code Editing
- Easily Edit project files with proper syntax highlighting
- Browse between the functions in smali code (using upper comboBox)
- Help files on almost all smali commands (Help > Smali Documentation)
- Advance Solution Control for managing projects (here)
- Easily modify ROM or APK configs using Property Window (here)
- Quick actions for navigating, read here
- Hover over smali or updater-script commands to view its help
- Intellisense feature
- Easily comment and uncomment codes
- Code folding feature
- Bookmarking feature
- Advance Find, Replace and Find in files
- Macro Recording feature
- Much more...
- Pre-added Scripts, Templates
- Contains a lot of scripts for ROM, Android flashable zip project
- Add variety of scripts seamlessly to project (you can also remove it)
- Add code snippets and paste them (templates)
- Share your own code snippets across users
- Lots of Mods, Tools
- An easy-to-edit Aroma config install with visual editing, read here
- Live Debug ROM (synchronize to your device), read here
- Contains a vast set of tools (access from Tools > ..)
- Automatically generate Symlinks and meta_data perm for ROM
- ADB integration tools/mods
- Edit Build prop with lots of tweaks
- Edit, Create Boot animation from gif or video
- Add or change themes of TWRP recovery
- Includes a variety of patches for Android App project
- Much more...
- Support of External Plugins
- Browse between good collection of plugins (Help > Plugins & Patches)
- Easily integrate them in ADK project
- Users can submit their own plugin and win free license for ADK (details here)
- Much much more...
You can find a whole list of changelog with future updates: enhancement (provide feedback by rating this thread)
Changelog as per 18.104.22.168 release (9th release)
- Added: Quick Access to view currently & recently opened files.
- Added: MD5 hash generator tool.
- Added: Work-way to globalise ADK project settings system-wide.
- Updated: Work-way to build-install-run project at single click.
- Fix: Bugs while opening ADK for first time.
- Fix: Deodex tool error of not detecting Android model.
User feedback is one of the most important stuff for any application to proceed. I kindly lookup on each of users feedback and try to improve the functionality of ADK
If users have to report any bugs or request any feature request, just create reply to this Official XDA thread or email me. I'll answer you as soon as possible. Also remember to include tools\log.log file while submitting bug report.
ADK consist a vast variety of blogs which helps users to easily understand ADK and go through the process.
You can find whole documentation online here
Some guides I think you might first start with,
ADK Releases (for direct download)
Video Tutorials (under construction)
Buy a License
# If you are unable to receive the updates within ADK, try changing settings from Help > Settings > Auto update.
# In ADK, there is a plugin called ADK Contexts, which can directly unpack/repack APK,IMG,DAT,BR files with right click as windows shell integration. Check the official thread here.
# See one of the ADK's highlighted feature of Editing and Analyzing updater-script, read thread over here.
# See KisMth post live on XDA DB thread which allows you to do a lot of adb functions and much more. One of the main feature is to create a scatter file for any MTK related device.
# If you want to translate ADK in other different language, read this Translating guide
Android Development Kit, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)
Stable Release Date: 2019-5-12
Current Stable Version: 22.214.171.124
Last Updated 2019-5-12