[IDE][1.0.7.1]ADK - A Powerful Android Kitchen (Complete)

What do you think about ADK after using?

• Awesome, going to buy it...

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Nice work! no time for buying...

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • Pretty Good! Worth buying

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • It's OK!

Votes: 14 15.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Digvijaysing

Dec 7, 2017
Pune
hello
actually i am modifying pixel experience pie rom but after creating a build it is showing error 7(I am using mido device & rom is also for mido no question in that.)
for trial i just cretaed project of same name of the pie rom and without modifying just build it and try to install but it is again giving me error 7 in twrp is there is any problem in asserts & i also try this with other pie rom as DOT os but same problem is showing.
I am using Latest ADK trial mode (Actually i already installed java but ADK showing java is not present)
i will be very thankful if my problem get solved.
Device mido(Redmi note 4)
Rom Pixel experience latest from there official site or dot os its official site.

KP@2016

Apr 21, 2016
Mumbai
kpstvhub.com
hello
actually i am modifying pixel experience pie rom but after creating a build it is showing error 7(I am using mido device & rom is also for mido no question in that.)
for trial i just cretaed project of same name of the pie rom and without modifying just build it and try to install but it is again giving me error 7 in twrp is there is any problem in asserts & i also try this with other pie rom as DOT os but same problem is showing.
I am using Latest ADK trial mode (Actually i already installed java but ADK showing java is not present)
i will be very thankful if my problem get solved.
Device mido(Redmi note 4)
Rom Pixel experience latest from there official site or dot os its official site.
Can't say what's really going on, but still try to remove all asserts in the ROM and then try to flash again!

Edit: For java error install jdk 8 but not jdk 11 or 12.

Digvijaysing

Dec 7, 2017
Pune
Can't say what's really going on, but still try to remove all asserts in the ROM and then try to flash again!

Edit: For java error install jdk 8 but not jdk 11 or 12.

OK i will install jdk 8.
but can u tell me what is main problem in building the rom actually i am in hurry to submit my project it will be very helpful if this issue will be solved.
can u tell me which version of rom modifications are working as per u tried.
is there any tool by which i can open system.img file and repack it after modifying for windows or linux i really appreciate your help.

KP@2016

Apr 21, 2016
Mumbai
kpstvhub.com
OK i will install jdk 8.
but can u tell me what is main problem in building the rom actually i am in hurry to submit my project it will be very helpful if this issue will be solved.
can u tell me which version of rom modifications are working as per u tried.
is there any tool by which i can open system.img file and repack it after modifying for windows or linux i really appreciate your help.
ADK works with all version of Android. Here the problem lies with your updater-script. Try removing all the assert lines and then flash.

Digvijaysing

Dec 7, 2017
Pune
ADK works with all version of Android. Here the problem lies with your updater-script. Try removing all the assert lines and then flash.
Yes i remove the asserts which showing me error
but due to removing the asserts it show rom is flashed but in reality it just skip the flashing process...so rom is not installing i noticed even if we dont modify the rom and just open it and build the custom rom rom size get decrease by over 150MB.
i think at building time it is not building all files.
what should i do now.
Can u tell me any extractor for custom rom on windows it will be very helpful.

KP@2016

Apr 21, 2016
Mumbai
kpstvhub.com
Yes i remove the asserts which showing me error
but due to removing the asserts it show rom is flashed but in reality it just skip the flashing process...so rom is not installing i noticed even if we dont modify the rom and just open it and build the custom rom rom size get decrease by over 150MB.
i think at building time it is not building all files.
what should i do now.
Can u tell me any extractor for custom rom on windows it will be very helpful.
You removed assert in wrong way! That's why ROM is not installing.

For other tools on Windows, you can try Super kitchen say if it works.

Gau92

Sep 4, 2019
Hi KP,

I am not able to sign my custom rom. Can you please tell me which files put in the zip file when we sign it?

Digvijaysing

Dec 7, 2017
Pune
You removed assert in wrong way! That's why ROM is not installing.

For other tools on Windows, you can try Super kitchen say if it works.

hy actally i tried super kitchen and it it working just issue is there are some normal error but overall it is working.
can u tell me what is sign build option after building rom option in SupeR kitchen
Thanks for help

Inside 4ndroid

Dec 13, 2012
UK
i4studio.co.uk
hi everyone...

so i am so god dam close to buying this but one thing is preventing me from doing so...

i for some reason cannot change the heap size in settings??? my machine has 32gb of ram and i really would like to make use of it..

problem: open settings adjust heap size and click okay. re-open settings an it is set back to default.

is there a fix or solution or am i doing something wrong??

KP@2016

Apr 21, 2016
Mumbai
kpstvhub.com
hi everyone...

so i am so god dam close to buying this but one thing is preventing me from doing so...

i for some reason cannot change the heap size in settings??? my machine has 32gb of ram and i really would like to make use of it..

problem: open settings adjust heap size and click okay. re-open settings an it is set back to default.

is there a fix or solution or am i doing something wrong??
Okay I see your problem basically the heap size that your changing from settings originally was working but I removed the functionality because when user used to change heap according to there own size (without knowing what they are doing) they were facing system shutdowns , lags and such bizzare problems (I got PMs regarding this issue).

So later then i silently fixed this issue in ADK that it will change/use heap size automatically according to your system config. That's why that feature of setting heap size is dead and that thing in settings is basically a prop.

Still if you want to go from auto to manual (which is not recommended) edit %appdata%\DevTools\baksm.bat and change text 512 to something else like 1024 for 1GB heap size, 2048 for 2GB heap size and so on.

Reactions: Inside 4ndroid

Inside 4ndroid

Dec 13, 2012
UK
i4studio.co.uk
Okay I see your problem basically the heap size that your changing from settings originally was working but I removed the functionality because when user used to change heap according to there own size (without knowing what they are doing) they were facing system shutdowns , lags and such bizzare problems (I got PMs regarding this issue).

So later then i silently fixed this issue in ADK that it will change/use heap size automatically according to your system config. That's why that feature of setting heap size is dead and that thing in settings is basically a prop.

Still if you want to go from auto to manual (which is not recommended) edit %appdata%\DevTools\baksm.bat and change text 512 to something else like 1024 for 1GB heap size, 2048 for 2GB heap size and so on.

thank you very much... i am advanced whern it comes to java heaps etc just didnt know where to set the setting manually lol....

Thanks for your response... an buy yaself a coffee with that $15 you deserve it.. such an awsome tool with still so much potential.. :)

Reactions: KP@2016

Nope_nope

Nov 15, 2015
I have to say, I like it, and if I could buy it, I would.
Just an idea: since "adk" as a name is already used by several companies, a different name, like "apk reverse engineering ide" would be great.
Also, stupid question: I know that apk studio and vts are the software you based adk on, why do these softwares looks this identical? (do not get the wrong idea)

KP@2016

Apr 21, 2016
Mumbai
kpstvhub.com
I have to say, I like it, and if I could buy it, I would.
Just an idea: since "adk" as a name is already used by several companies, a different name, like "apk reverse engineering ide" would be great.
Also, stupid question: I know that apk studio and vts are the software you based adk on, why do these softwares looks this identical? (do not get the wrong idea)
[1] Yeah ADK is more common name. I should have put more thought on giving a good name to project (a story for next time). Now can't change it as more people are aware of this tool by name ADK... didn't want to loose that.

[2] Yes you are right, if you read forth paragraph of first post you'll see i mentioned the similarity of vts and apk studio and ADK. PS: In nutshell apk studio was quite famous tool and was the only cross platform tool for editing apps rather vts was for windows exclusively. That's why apk studio was booming across platforms, due to this I tried to design ADK as apk studio so that it would be easy for people to learn ADK software :D

Last edited:

AndreaFar

Apr 20, 2012
Error at the start

I have this error:

No frameworks found in appdata\apktool folder. You might get error while decoding APK or JAR.

Fix: Tools > Import Dependencies > Pull framework from device > Install

If I follow the indication is opened this window:
6PO04Bs.png

If I click "pull framework from your device" appears an error message Exception Occurred file not found on the bottom right and the progress bar loops indefinitely.
Since something doesn't work as supposed... Could you attach a valid framework to use without needs to get from device or elsewhere?

lmservas

Nov 6, 2016
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
I apologize if this has been addressed before. I did my best to search the thread already for all the terms in the error message I received but had no luck finding anything. Since purchasing ADK I have attempted to install both the latest update (1.0.67) and a couple before that and no matter what am met with the following error after selecting english during setup - Failed to expand shell constant folder "userdocs"... I believe I have the required prerequisite software installed and am at a loss. Please help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Downloads & Tutorials at the end of the post.
    Read second post for upcoming updates and details.
    main_logo.png
    Android Development Kit (ADK) is alternatively best solution for android reverse engineering
    This Application allows you to easily modify android apps, android ROMs, boot or recovery images very easily with easy-to-use environment on Windows(x86 or x64) platform.

Users can easily decompile, recompile application and could edit almost everything inside it.
    One of the best tools Dexpatcher is also a part of ADK for modifying Application at source level using JAVA.
    There is also some pre-customized templates, scripts for Android Recovery Zip or ROM Development project.
    Users can also add their own templates with the help of Snippets manager and share across users.
    There is also a big resource of online documentation for ADK here which will help users to guide the process if they messed up in a trouble.

The Application is not limited to these, users can download and install some external plugins for ADK and also for personal use.
    Users can also submit your own plugin. If your plugin finds more useful for our users can get free license for ADK.

Also, ADK is not completely free it has a trial period of 7 days after that you have to buy license (optional, otherwise you can continue with demo mode which has certain features disabled) which is very reasonable (details here)
    ADK is still in development process, so there may be some bugs or glitches which may fail to run some task.
    If you find such, provide a detail information and report it to me here.
    Additionally, since I am 17yrs old and has a lot of pressure for studies so there might be delayed in sending updates (grief).

Keep in mind that ADK is highly inspired from Virtuous Ten Studio(One of the best IDE ever), APK Studio; so you may find many similarity in them.
    One of the main reason for building ADK is to spread the art of reverse engineering among newbies. I am in this field not for quite long but I've seen lot of peoples who are interested in porting ROM, modifying app, creating recovery flashable zips but they don't know from where to start, because of this they keep asking devs and become a cat of annoying clowder (due to these, some new users quit this field). I've looked upon these issue and found many peoples use kitchen for stuffs and keep recommending newbies to use this. Since kitchen are the best solution for ROM development as It comprise of all common task (like adding root, busybox to ROM and stuffs) with a very easy accessible option.

Many users are not familiar with IDE, and find trouble using them. After research I came to know some of the famous kitchens of all time is dsixda kitchen, ASSAYYED Kitchen(currently the most used). These people find them more useful since all the task, scripts, templates, etc. are in front of them; can be access with single option selection (no need to go deepdown and look for the stuffs).

Henceforth, I decided to create such type of kitchen giving it GUI look with very easy to use and non-complicated interface. All scripts and options are very easy to access, no need to create multiple windows for running tasks. I find it useful personally, the application runs on almost all Windows. For Windows XP some GUI animation will failed to load, otherwise everything will work fine.
    Screenshots
    Highlighted Features
    Below is just a tiny summary of its features, full details can be found here
    • A clean and better UI
      • Full Featured Advance IDE
      • Very easy-to-use interface for both developers and newbies
      • Contains integration of third party tools [details can be found in credits]
      • Currently supported Projects
        • Android Application (Editing .apk file)
        • Android Firmware ROM modifying
        • Android Recovery Flashable Zip (Update.zip)
        • Boot or Recovery Project
        • Logo.bin Project
      • Edit Project configs and manage all existing Project
      • Tip dialog to show the summary of its cool features
      • Keep track of files and folders in Project viewer
      • Support for Windows XP (need .Net Framework 4.5)
      • Edit APK at Source level using DexPatcher
      • Analyze your APK or ROM project just like Android Studio
      • A powerful logging, debugging feature (just like android studio)
      • Easily Config your project with straight-forward options
    • Code Editing
      • Easily Edit project files with proper syntax highlighting
      • Browse between the functions in smali code (using upper comboBox)
      • Help files on almost all smali commands (Help > Smali Documentation)
      • Advance Solution Control for managing projects (here)
      • Easily modify ROM or APK configs using Property Window (here)
      • Quick actions for navigating, read here
      • Quick Access for navigating files within tabs or recent files, read here
      • Search Everywhere for quickly opening files like Android Studio, read here
      • Hover over smali or updater-script commands to view its help
      • Intellisense feature
      • Easily comment and uncomment codes
      • Code folding feature
      • Bookmarking feature
      • Advance Find, Replace and Find in files
      • Macro Recording feature
      • Much more...
    • Pre-added Scripts, Templates
      • Contains a lot of scripts for ROM, Android flashable zip project
      • Add variety of scripts seamlessly to project (you can also remove it)
      • Add code snippets and paste them (templates)
      • Share your own code snippets across users
    • Lots of Mods, Tools
      • An easy-to-edit Aroma config install with visual editing, read here
      • Live Debug ROM (synchronize to your device), read here
      • Contains a vast set of tools (access from Tools > ..)
      • Automatically generate Symlinks and meta_data perm for ROM
      • ADB integration tools/mods
      • Edit Build prop with lots of tweaks
      • Edit, Create Boot animation from gif or video
      • Add or change themes of TWRP recovery
      • Includes a variety of patches for Android App project
      • Much more...
    • Support of External Plugins
      • Browse between good collection of plugins (Help > Plugins & Patches)
      • Easily integrate them in ADK project
      • Users can submit their own plugin and win free license for ADK (details here)
    • Much much more...
    Changelog and Information
    You can find a whole list of changelog with future updates: enhancement (provide feedback by rating this thread)

Changelog as per 1.0.7.1 release (15th release)
    • Updated: ADK Debugging tool, more info
    • Fixed: Issues with some Android Image Tool.
    • Fixed: Building of app project for certain apps.
    • Fixed: Creating ROM Project for some certain device ROMs.
    • Fixed: Certain bugs.
    Discussions, Bugs, Reports, Enhancements
    User feedback is one of the most important stuff for any application to proceed. I kindly lookup on each of users feedback and try to improve the functionality of ADK
    If users have to report any bugs or request any feature request, just create reply to this Official XDA thread or email me. I'll answer you as soon as possible. Also remember to include tools\log.log file while submitting bug report.
    Guides and Documentation
    ADK consist a vast variety of blogs which helps users to easily understand ADK and go through the process.
    You can find whole documentation online here

Some guides I think you might first start with,
    Download and other stats
    Requirements
    All downloads, tutorials, resources can be found on ADK Website

Official Website
    ADK Releases (for direct download)
    Video Tutorials (under construction)
    Buy a License
    Guides/Tutorials
    About Me

News:-

# If you are unable to receive the updates within ADK, try changing settings from Help > Settings > Auto update.
    # In ADK, there is a plugin called ADK Contexts, which can directly unpack/repack APK,IMG,DAT,BR files with right click as windows shell integration. Check the official thread here.
    # See one of the ADK's highlighted feature of Editing and Analyzing updater-script, read thread over here.
    # See KisMth post live on XDA DB thread which allows you to do a lot of adb functions and much more. One of the main feature is to create a scatter file for any MTK related device.
    # If you want to translate ADK in other different language, read this Translating guide

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Development Kit, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    KP@2016

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-05-25
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.7.1

Created 2018-06-12
    Last Updated 2020-05-25
    Update Details
    Current Version:- 1.0.6.7
    Released:- 4th November 2019

Notes:
    Since I am not getting much time sending updates to this project, I've decided to create alpha releases i.e whenever I will add any new stuff to it an update will be automatically pushed so at the end of the day I can create a whole installer after adding few stuffs.

Current Status:- Let's see what can I add :)
    Last Updated:- 4/11/2019

What I've worked so far:-

What I've planned to add

• Let's see what can I add more.. :\
    Hello Everyone! A Quick update on sending ADK Updates.

As I am too busy with my another project I am not able to send updates to ADK. I'm really having great ideas that I want to implement but just can't do it because of current work project stress. Once I finish my current project I will start sending updates to ADK. Trust me! Working for ADK is the thing I love to do. I will never stop sending it's update!

Hope you understand :)

Edit: I am about to complete my current project. Soon I'll be starting working on updates on ADK from this month end (March 2019)
    Update to version 1.0.4.6 has been released. Open ADK and download the update over the air.

try this..its a tecno camon rom..signed images...boot i could unlock with Fbwintools but not the system image .http://www.mediafire.com/file/za05a0rgj18wgtz/Tecno_Camon_I_MT6737T_IN5.zip

This also adds ability to convert signed images to unsigned. Thanks to havotek forums.
    Update Info

New update version 1.0.4.4 has been released, Check OP.